Having no answer

in TS-Server 18.09.2019 04:38
von wangz10 • 30 Beiträge

SAN ANTONIO -- Having no answer for Kevin Love for three-and-a-half quarters, the San Antonio Spurs made Minnesota solve their Big 3. The Timberwolves failed. Tony Parker had 29 points to offset Loves season-high 42 points and San Antonio rallied for a 117-110 victory over Minnesota on Friday night. Manu Ginobili had 20 points and nine assists, fueling a 37-21 fourth quarter that helped the Spurs avoid their second home loss this season. Tim Duncan added 12 points and 14 rebounds. Duncan, Parker and Ginobili have won three NBA titles together and are the active leaders for wins as a trio. That experience paid off against the Timberwolves, who have not made the playoffs since 2005. "Its got to show up somewhere," Duncan said of the trios experience. "If you want to call it that, it is what it is. We know whats going on out there, especially when it gets down to crunch time and things really count. Weve made plays long enough that we know where each other is going to be." Ginobili and Parker combined to score San Antonios final points in a 26-12 closing run, and teamed with Duncan to dish out all but one of the teams final five assists and seven of its last 11 rebounds. "We know what theyre capable of and when you get them into a two- or three-minute game, theyre incredible," Love said. "Theyve played together for a very long time, but they just made plays and we missed shots that we usually make." Kawhi Leonard had 19 points and Boris Diaw and Marco Belinelli had 12 points apiece for San Antonio. Nikola Pekovic had 18 points, Ricky Rubio added 15 points and Kevin Martin had 14 for Minnesota, which had won two straight. Ginobili scored 16 points in the final quarter, helping San Antonio overcome a lethargic start. His reverse layup with 2 minutes remaining extended San Antonios lead to 111-108. "Manu is playing great," Parker said. "Hes got his legs. He looks like hes fresh and hes making his shots. In the fourth quarter, he was very aggressive. That was big for us." Parker was just as big, making his only 3-point attempt of the quarter while scoring 12 points on 5-for-7 shooting. "Thats why he is one of the best in the league, and thats why he almost won (the NBA title) by himself last year with the Spurs," Rubio said. "Right now, hes one of the top two or top three point guards in the league." San Antonio needed the trios contributions to offset Love. He was 8 for 9 on 3-pointers and had 14 rebounds. He had 26 points after halftime, nearly besting his previous season-high of 34 in the second half alone. "He shot the ball incredibly," Duncan said. "He made some tough ones and just kept on going. Boris did a great job in the last six minutes of really getting onto him and making him do something else. It changed the game a little bit for us." Loves final points came on a pair of free throw with 6 minutes remaining and his last basket was on a dunk 41 seconds earlier. Leonard scored nine straight points midway through the third quarter, keeping San Antonio in the game while Minnesota got hot behind the 3-point line. The Timberwolves were 6 for 12 on 3s in the third, making three consecutive attempts to take a 79-75 lead with 4 minutes left. Love had the opening and closing 3s in the run, finishing with 19 points in the third quarter. He was 5 for 6 on 3s in the period, and 7 for 9 overall as Diaw, Jeff Ayres and all the help defence the Spurs provided failed to slow him. "He is a great player," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. "When you can play inside and outside the way he does, he is a tough cover. I think we could have done a better job. I thought we made some really fundamental errors in guarding him, but, be that as it may, he is a monster." NOTES: Spurs centres Tiago Splitter (tightness left calf) and Aron Baynes (calf strain) both sat out. ... Minnesota F Chase Budinger (knee surgery) missed the game, as did C Ronny Turiaf (fractured right elbow). ... Entering Fridays game, San Antonio leads the league in assists, averaging 25.0 per game. ... Entering Fridays game, a quarter of Corey Brewers 114 baskets for Minnesota this season had come on dunks. He is shooting 45 per cent from the field. Orlando Pace Youth Jersey . If one fighter gases, he usually gets beat up pretty bad from that point on. Bobby Evans Youth Jersey .Cameron sustained his third concussion in three seasons last week on a hit by Oakland safety Brandion Ross, who was fined $22,050 by the NFL for the helmet-to-helmet blow. http://www.laramsfootballshops.com/darrell-henderson-jersey/. Rajne Soderberg, the director of the Stockholm Diamond League event, said in an email Friday that the ban still holds. Euromeetings, the organization representing Europes top track events, "will continue to recommend that members do not invite athletes who we believe cause disrepute to our meetings and our sport. Clay Matthews Jersey . No, really, his head. Late in the game, the St. Louis goalie craned his neck into the air to block a shot, taking a puck square in the mask. Nolan Cromwell Youth Jersey . The Red Wings hadnt played the night before. The Boston Bruins had. A month from now, or two months from now, it doesnt matter. But right now it does matter, when you start and you play back to back, its wear and tear on you for sure, Babcock said. LONDON -- Canadas Eugenie Bouchard advanced to the quarter-finals of Wimbledon on Monday after defeating Frances Alize Cornet 7-6 (5), 7-5. Bouchard, the No. 13 seed from Westmount, Que., continued her romp through the 2014 Grand Slam draws after breakthrough semifinals at the Australian Open and French Open. The 2012 junior Wimbledon winner will next play the winner of a match between fifth seed Maria Sharapova and ninth seed Angelique Kerber of Germany. Sharapova defeated Bouchard in the French Open semifinal before going on to win the tournament. Bouchard won the last four games of the Centre Court match which was interrupted for less than an hour by rain, with the moveable roof being closed. The 20-year-old Canadian made the most of her return after trailing 3-2 in the first set, improving her Grand Slam record to 14-2. "Im really proud of how I fought," Bouchard said. "It was not an easy match. Shes a good player and gets a lot of balls back. "I tried to finish off the points, which I manaaged.ddddddddddddIt was my first time under the famous roof. Its quite humid, not a lot of air circulating. "Conditions were tough but they were the same for both of us." Bouchard won the opening set after nearly an hour of play with a backhand winner in the tiebreaker. She went down 4-2 and later 5-3 in the second set, but calmly levelled for 5-all, breaking when Cornet fired a forehand wide. Bouchard held serve to go up 6-5 and won the tight concluding game with another break of Cornet, advancing on the first match point when Cornet hit her forehand long. "Im very excited, but I need to stay focused," Bouchard said. "it can only be one march at a time. I need to keep from being distracted. "This what Ive world so hard for. I want to take another step, I want to keep going." Mens eighth seed Milos Raonic, Thornhill, Ont, will play for the quarter-finals on Tuesday against Japans 10th seed Kei Nishikori, who defeated Simone Bolelli of 3-6, 6-3, 4-6, 7-6 (4), 6-4. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: anyela
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3854 Themen und 3894 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen