11-year-old sister.His memoir

in Server 19.09.2019 03:02
von jinshuiqian0713 • 1.130 Beiträge

MINNEAPOLIS -- Just when Joe Mauer was getting on a roll, pain forced an early exit. Mauer drove in two runs before leaving with an injury, Eduardo Nunez homered and the Minnesota Twins beat the Kansas City Royals 10-2 on Tuesday night. Mauer extended his hitting streak to 12 games with a two-run double down the left-field line in the fourth inning, but was noticeably limping as he ran to second base. The team said he has a strained oblique muscle on his right side and will be evaluated Wednesday. "Ive been kind of battling this area for about a week or so, maybe a little more," Mauer said. "Ive been stiff and getting it loose and everythings been fine, but today on that one swing, ball down the line, it felt like somebody hit me pretty hard right there." Mauer missed almost a week earlier this year with a bad back and sat out the final 39 games last season with concussion-like symptoms. "Ive never had this happen before, so I hope its a lot sooner than what guys in the past have had," Mauer said. "Ive been feeling pretty good and getting some results, so its bad timing." Eric Hosmer had four hits for the Royals. Ricky Nolasco (5-6) earned his first win in five starts, allowing one run and eight hits in six innings. Minnesota signed Nolasco to a $49 million, four-year contract in the off-season, hoping he would help a rotation that had a major league-worst 5.26 ERA last year. Nolasco has struggled, however, posting a 5.49 ERA. He pitched more than six innings just once in his past 11 starts. Twins manager Ron Gardenhire said before the game that Nolasco had a good bullpen session last weekend in hopes of improving his mechanics to get better command of his fastball to set up his breaking pitches. Nolasco was better Tuesday, but remained far from dominant. He gave up six hits in the first three innings before settling down and retiring the Royals in order in the fourth and sixth. "I didnt have too many quick innings, but it was just kind of battling and I made some pitches when I had to," Nolasco said. "(My fastball) was better. Just trying not to do too much. Its a step in the right direction." Kansas City starter James Shields (8-4) was hoping a new month would change his fortunes. It didnt. In his shortest outing of the season, Shields allowed nine hits and five runs -- four earned -- in five innings. Although he struck out five, he was constantly behind in the count, leading to a 113-pitch outing. It was his first loss since May 2, a span of 10 starts in which he had five wins and five no-decisions. The right-hander has a 5.66 ERA in his past eight starts, and only twice has he allowed three or fewer runs. "I actually thought I made some pretty good pitches and they just found a lot of holes today," Shields said. "Its definitely frustrating that Im not getting outs. Im not getting my job done." Nunez homered and Sam Fuld had a two-run single as part of a five-run sixth inning for the Twins. Minnesota scored more than five runs for just the third time in 16 games. "We got some breaks," Gardenhire said. "They always say it evens out, so hopefully this is the start of it evening out." A miscue by the Royals gave Minnesota a 2-1 lead in the third. With Nunez on first, Chris Parmelee hit a popup to short left field with two outs. Mike Moustakas backpedaled from third base as left fielder Alex Gordon was coming in. The two nearly collided and the ball bounced off Gordons glove to put runners on second and third. Kendrys Morales drove in Nunez with an infield single. "I think Gordy just thought that he wasnt going to get there, then at the last second realized he had a chance to get there and they both get there at the same time," Royals manager Ned Yost said. An RBI double by Parmelee scored Nunez in the first, but an RBI single by Moustakas evened the score in the second. NOTES: Minnesotas Brian Dozier, who has started 79 of 82 games at second base, got the night off. He is in a 1-for-24 slump, and Gardenhire said he could sense some frustration. ... Raul Ibanez started in right field for Kansas City and went 1 for 4. The 42-year-old was signed Monday after being released by the Angels on June 21. ... Twins 3B Trevor Plouffe hit his career-high 23rd double. ... Twins RHP Kevin Correia (4-9, 5.08 ERA) faces LHP Jason Verges (7-3, 3.53) in Wednesday afternoons series finale. Andrelton Simmons Angels Jersey .Y. -- Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens, Sammy Sosa and Mark McGwire will have less time to remain eligible for the Hall of Fame ballot under changes made Saturday. Justin Upton Jersey . UCI President Brian Cookson said Wednesday the commission will investigate allegations "that the UCI has been involved in wrongdoing in the past -- allegations which have done so much to hurt the credibility of the UCI and our sport. http://www.baseballangelslockroom.com/al...-angels-jersey/. Chris Heisey followed with a two-run triple and Billy Hamilton added an RBI double, all but sealing Cincinnatis fourth straight victory and seventh in eight games. Brandon Phillips, celebrating his 33rd birthday, hit a go-ahead homer in the ninth for the Reds before pinch-hitter Buster Posey tied it with an RBI double off hard-throwing closer Aroldis Chapman in the bottom half. Andrelton Simmons Jersey . In the days leading up to the draft, TSN.ca and TSN Radio basketball analyst Duane Watson looks at some of the names that will be headlining the event. Tonight, Michigans Nik Stauskas of Mississauga, Ontario. Reggie Jackson Jersey . It looked like being another miserable day for Moyes when Ashley Westwood put Villa in front from a 13th-minute free kick. But Rooney headed United level seven minutes later, and the striker netted his 16th of the season for the struggling champions from the penalty spot before halftime.WACO, Texas - Isaiah Austin has gone from potential first-round NBA draft pick to getting on his hands and knees during Baylor practices, wiping up sweat when players fall to the floor.Im a manager, Austin says with a chuckle. I bring them water whenever theyre thirsty, give them towels whenever theyre sweaty. I do the little things for the team.These arent exactly the big basketball dreams once imagined by the 7-foot-1 Austin, who succeeded in the Big 12 with a prosthetic eye only to find out days before the draft last summer that he was done playing because of a rare genetic disorder that can affect his heart.Never, never crossed my mind one time that I wouldnt make it to the NBA, Austin said.Not even when he publicly revealed a year ago during his sophomore season that he was blind in his right eye from a previous injury aggravated doing a routine dunk in middle school. Multiple operations couldnt fix the detached retina and save his vision. Still, NBA scouts were aware of his partial blindness.Then, during a physical before the draft, he was diagnosed with Marfan syndrome, which affects the bodys connective tissue. Austin could understandably be bitter, but instead relies heavily on his Christian faith while sharing his story.He works to raise awareness of Marfan syndrome through his foundation, doing so with a positive attitude he hopes will help others overcome their own obstacles. One of the foundations missions is to inspire others to Dream Again.I want them to know that if theyre going through a difficult time in their life ... its not the end of the road at all by any means, the 21-year-old Austin said. You might not know where to turn, but if you bow your heard and you get on your knees and pray, God will open another door for you, hell guide you in the right direction.Baylor restored Austins scholarship so that he could return to school to complete his business degree while working with the team.On game days he wears a suit. Just like when was playing, he is often in the middle of things, hyping up the players in the locker room before taking the court. He sits behind the bench, offering tips and encouragement throughout games.Thats why hes so special, because hes overcome a lot and he does it with a smile, Baylor coach Scott Drew said. Each and every day, I know that he makes people around him feel better..dddddddddddd.During practice, Austin occasionally gets to do shooting to help in drills. There are also post-midnight trips to the gym with teammates wanting to do extra work and needing someone to rebound for them.I know that theyre all chasing the same dream I was, Austin said.Austin got to hear his name called at the NBA draft, when midway through the first round he was made a ceremonial pick and presented an NBA cap by Commissioner Adam Silver. The Boston Celtics presented Austin a jersey and named him an honorary Celtic for life during their season opener. He has also been added as a playable free agent in 2K Sports NBA 2K15 video game.And, yes, he has played the game — Pretty good, fairly decent, Austin said.Brooklyn Nets rookie Cory Jefferson wears No. 21 in the NBA to honour his former Baylor teammate.No. 21 reminds me, it reminds everybody, that anything that you do is not really promised, Jefferson said. What you love to do can be taken away from you. ... Hes had a positive attitude towards the whole situation.There is also still a No. 21 on the court for 20th-ranked Baylor. Taurean Prince switched from the No. 35 he wore the last two seasons while playing with Austin.Hes the same Isaiah now ... loyal, a godly man, tough through anything, Prince said. He has an effect on all of us. We play for him.Austin has admittedly gone through my moments since being informed by his family of the Marfan syndrome diagnosis. But he quickly exchanged his NBA dreams to be a role model for others by how he handles his situation, including his 15-year-old brother and 11-year-old sister.His memoir is set to be published this summer, and speaking engagements fill some of his time between a full load of classes and Baylor games.I want people to know that with a lot of faith and a positive attitude and the right people around you that you can push yourself through any obstacle, Austin said. I want to be that one person that maybe somebody meets, or I shake their hand, or I smile at them, that I can probably change their life, or turn their day around.___AP freelance writer Antonio Harvey contributed to this report from Sacramento, California.___Online:Isaiah Austin Foundation: www.isaiahaustinfoundation.orgMarfan syndrome: http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-condi...on/con-20025944 ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: anyela
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3854 Themen und 3894 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen