e Angels, expect to see him at

in Server 28.09.2019 02:52
von jinshuiqian0713 • 1.130 Beiträge

AUBURN, Ala. -- Auburn didnt bother waiting until after the Southeastern Conference championship game to give football coach Gus Malzahn a new six-year contract worth $3.85 million annually. Athletic director Jay Jacobs announced the first-year coachs new deal Friday night, the eve of the third-ranked Tigers game against No. 5 Missouri in Atlanta. Malzahn has led Auburn to an 11-1 season after taking over a team that won three games and lost all eight SEC contests in 2012. "As Ive said before, we want coach Malzahn to be at Auburn for a long time," Jacobs said. "The new contract includes a raise and extension and is our statement that Auburn is committed to coach Malzahn for the long haul. While this season has been remarkable, Im equally excited about the future of our program under his leadership. The future of Auburn football is very bright." The present is pretty bright, too. Auburn hired Malzahn last December and gave him a five-year contract worth $2.3 million annually. The new deal represents a $1.5 million pay hike and includes a $250,000 raise each year. Malzahn will make $5.1 million in the final year of the contract. Auburn is in line to play in the Sugar Bowl and possibly for a national championship with a win over Missouri. Malzahns Tigers upset No. 1 Alabama last weekend. University President Dr. Jay Gogue said he and Jimmy Rane, president pro tem of Auburns board of trustees, supported Jacobs recommendation to give Malzahn the big raise and six-year deal. "A lot of programs would love to have coach Malzahn, so this is a good move that allows him to continue taking Auburn football where our fans want it," Gogue said. Malzahn has a chance to win a league title in each of his first two seasons as head coach. The former Auburn offensive co-ordinator led Arkansas State to a Sun Belt Conference championship last season before returning to replace his ex-boss, Gene Chizik He was offensive co-ordinator for Auburns 2010 team that won the national title and Malzahns star pupil, Cam Newton, captured the Heisman Trophy. Jacobs said earlier this week that he had reached out to Malzahns agent, Jimmy Sexton, a couple of weeks ago. He said Thursday that he and Sexton hadnt spoken since. Discount Fake NBA Jerseys . Tensions rose in the first period when Penguins defenceman Brooks Orpik hit Bruins forward Loui Eriksson with what appeared to be a clean hit. Fake NBA Jerseys China . Amid a rain of confetti, Shabazz Napier basked in the celebration on the court after being named the Most Outstanding Player of the Final Four following the 60-54 win over Kentucky. http://www.fakenbajerseys.com/. RAPTORS STRUGGLING: The bottom line is the true test in sports isnt just how you handle failure, but how you handle success. Cheap Fake NBA Jerseys . The Brazilian international goalkeeper was beaten twice in the first 12 minutes of his Reds debut in a 3-1 preseason loss to Columbus Crew in Florida earlier this week. Wholesale Fake NBA Jerseys . His chance at winning a Stanley Cup in Philadelphia is over. Same with Jeff Carter. And Brian Boucher. Throw in Ville Leino and Dan Carcillo.TORONTO – Shortly after 11 oclock on Saturday morning, Brett Lawrie wandered into manager John Gibbons office for a brief conversation. There were two topics: the status of Lawries injured right hamstring and where he would play when he returns to the lineup. Gibbons confirmed Lawrie will sometimes play second base. "Hes got no problem with it," said Gibbons. "He basically said, hey, whatever the boys need. I mean, hes here to win. Thats the name of the game and like I said, I think it makes us better." Lawrie was less enthused but reiterated what he has said before and what Gibbons offered on Saturday morning. "Just doing it for the team," said Lawrie. The differences between second base and third base are many. The footwork is different. The timing is different – third base is called the "hot corner" for a reason. Lawrie has history at second base, having played the position in Milwaukees minor league system. Part of his hesitation for making the switch is grounded in the pride he takes in how hard hes worked to become a gold glove calibre third baseman, doing so almost entirely at the major league level. "I worked my butt off to get where Im at," Lawrie told TSN.ca on Friday. "Im not saying its not going to help the team. Im here to do what it is to help the team but I worked my butt off to be that good at third base and continue to do what Im doing. I work every day over there. Still continuing to get my work in and second base, it is what it is, man, its not what Im here to do. I worked my butt off to do what I do out there." Lawrie has appeared in four games at second base this season. He started at second six times last yyear.dddddddddddd. His limited time there doesnt make him feel more comfortable. "Not necessarily," said Lawrie. "You got to have comfort to do it a bunch of times in a row and Ive only done it for a couple of games but you need a few games under your belt to make it comfortable." Out of action since leaving in the fourth inning of Monday nights game in Philadelphia, Lawrie is nearing a return. Its been a daily process, as each day Lawrie has been intensifying the demands on his hamstring. "He came out and ran and felt pretty good today," said Gibbons. "What were going to do is were going to make him do it one more day and if all is well hell be ready to go on Monday. So I would expect to see him on Monday." If Lawrie plays on Monday night in the series finale against the Angels, expect to see him at third. Los Angeles is scheduled to start left-hander C.J. Wilson. Juan Francisco is a left-handed batter. The realignment is aimed at keeping Francisco in the lineup against right-handers, against whom he has greater success. "Weve been watching him ever since he got here," said Gibbons. "Hes a pretty good player. Hes off to a great start. I dont think wed be doing our job if we just decided to sit him and not take advantage of what hes doing." Put together Reyes, Cabrera, Bautista, Encarnacion, Lind, Navarro, Francisco, Lawrie and Rasmus and its a potent, long lineup one through nine. If someone is struggling, the next guy can pick him up. If the Blue Jays can keep everyone healthy for a period of time, it would give Gibbons a bona fide American League East lineup. "A good whatever division lineup," said Gibbons. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: anyela
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3854 Themen und 3894 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen