heading into the second quarter. The Net

in TS-Server 06.10.2019 04:19
von jinshuiqian0713 • 1.130 Beiträge

RENO, Nev. -- Geoff Ogilvy showed up at the Barracuda Championship on the verge of losing his PGA Tour card after another disappointing tournament in Canada. Frustrated and tired, he had to be talked into playing at all. "I was 50-50 on coming here this week," Ogilvy said. "On Monday night, I had like a really long trip back from Canada and I was tired and over it and frustrated. Everyone talked to me into it. Said, Come to Reno. Youll like Reno. Youre playing well." The 37-year-old Australian left scenic Montreux on Sunday with his eighth PGA Tour title, a full exemption through the 2015-16 season, spots in some big events -- and a lot of confidence. Ogilvy won for the first time since the 2010 Tournament of Champions at Kapalua, scoring five points with a 25-foot eagle putt on the par-5 13th and pulling away for a five-point victory in the modified Stableford event. Players received eight points for double eagle, five for eagle, two for birdie, zero for par, minus-one for bogey and minus-three for double bogey or worse. The first international winner in the 16-year history of the event, Ogilvy had 14 points Sunday to finish with 49. He had 14 points in the first round, 16 in the second and seven in the third in the format that rewards aggressive play. "The format suits me, I think," Ogilvy said. "Got off to a really good start. Holed a couple nice putts on the front nine on Thursday. From then on, I barely missed a shot. ... But for 72 holes, it was one of the better bodies of works Ive put together." After the eagle on 13, the 2006 U.S. Open winner added birdies on the par-4 14th and par-5 18th. "Obviously, it feels like its been a long time coming," Ogilvy said. "Feels like a long time ago, Maui in 2010. Its been a bit rough the past few years. I was playing really well most of year this year. Just didnt make any putts, which was kind of the story for the last two or three years, which is usually the story when you ask a pro why isnt he shooting good scores." Ogilvy was making his first appearance at Montreux since 2002 after failing to qualify for the World Golf Championship-Bridgestone Invitational. He entered the week with only two top-25 finishes this season and was 151st in the FedEx Cup standings. Ogilvy earned 300 points Sunday to jump to 86th in the standings, with the top 125 qualifying for the playoff opener. "Its pretty satisfying," Ogilvy said. "Pretty rough packing up in the locker rooms missing cuts and having bad finishes. People watch the TV and see all the fun and happiness of the PGA Tour, but it can be pretty desperately depressing as well spending time away from home, beating your head against the wall, just getting frustrated. Depressing is a bit strong a word, but really frustrating." He earned $540,000 and a spot next week in the PGA Championship at Valhalla in Louisville, Kentucky. "Obviously, Im happy Im in the PGA," Ogilvy said. "Havent missed a PGA for a really long time. I had already mentally kind of checked out it and have to check back into it, I guess, tonight. I dont like missing the big tournaments. I love playing in the big tournaments." Justin Hicks was second at 44 points after an 18-point day. John Huh and Jonathan Byrd tied for third at 37. They each had 11-point rounds. Nick Watney, three points behind Ogilvy entering the final day after leading after each of the first two rounds, tied for eighth at 34 points. He had three birdies and four bogey in a two-point round. "First few days were great," Watney said. "Today, didnt have my best stuff, but I think Im on a good path. Looking forward to next week. ... Just have to make more putts." Austin Gomber Jersey . New York secured second place in the Metropolitan Division when the Philadelphia Flyers lost at Tampa Bay later Thursday. The Rangers will face either the Flyers or Columbus in the opening round of the post-season. The Rangers struggled throughout against the lowly Sabres and goalie Matt Hackett, who played in just his seventh NHL game of the season. Custom St. Louis Cardinals Jerseys . Listen to the Rangers vs. Kings live on TSN Radio starting at 7pm et/4pm pt. You can also stream the post-game press conferences live on TSN. https://www.cheapcardinalsonline.com/. Both the top-seeded Djokovic and sixth-seeded Fish took relatively easy paths, with the Serb winning when opponent Jo-Wilfried Tsonga retired in the second set with a sore arm and Fish dominating Janko Tipsarevic in two quick sets. Roger Maris Jersey . They named Mark Washington as their defensive co-ordinator on Thursday and appear to be closing in on an offensive co-ordinator. Dominic Leone Cardinals Jersey . The Giants chances of winning the division were dealt a serious blow by the three-game sweep at the hands of the lowly Padres. The Giants open a three-game series at Dodger Stadium on Monday night. San Francisco is still in good shape to clinch a wild-card berth, although it dropped into a tie with Pittsburgh in the race for the top spot.TORONTO -- The Brooklyn Nets limped into Toronto missing several key players. But the Raptors may as well have been missing a few of their own. DeMar DeRozan poured in 27 points while Kyle Lowry had 24, but -- until the final frantic few minutes -- the two had little help from their Toronto teammates in a 102-100 loss to the Nets on Tuesday. "We didnt play with that desperation attitude and weve got to have that every time we walk out because were not going to out-talent anybody," Raptors coach Dwane Casey said. "Were a team thats got to be scrappy and again, we didnt play that way until the last five minutes." Andray Blatche had 24 points to top the injury-depleted Nets (4-10), who came into the game on a five-game losing streak, last in the Atlantic Division, and with the third worst record in the NBA. Joe Johnson had 21, while Paul Pierce had 16 points and Kevin Garnett has 12 points with six rebounds. The Nets were missing Deron Williams (sprained ankle) Andrei Kirilenko (back spasms) and leading scorer Brook Lopez (sprained left ankle). But it was the Raptors (6-8) who could have used some more help. Steve Novak was the only other player to score in double figures with 12 for the Atlantic Division leaders, who lost for the first time in three games. Rudy Gay had nine points, while Tyler Hansbrough and Jonas Valanciunas had seven rebounds apiece. "We definitely didnt (score) in the paint too much, second-chance points, we missed a couple of rebounds that we shouldve had, they were just trying to bully us," DeRozan said. "We waited too long to lock down and throw a punch back." The Raptors trailed 81-76 heading into the fourth quarter of a game that saw neither team -- save for a handful of individual performances -- play particularly well. The Nets had assembled a 15-point lead with a little more than five minutes to go and the game seemed out of reach, but the Raptors came to life in the final two minutes. Gay drained a three with 24 seconds to pull the Raptors to 101-100. Shaun Livingston missed one of two free throws with 11 seconds left, but Gay passed off to an open Amir Johnson in the corner whose three-point attempt clanged off the rim. "Rudy couldve shouldve had a shot, he didnt take it," Casey said. "Amir had a clean look, it was straight, right on line, and he works on that shot eevery day in practice.dddddddddddd But (Gay) made that decision and I trust Rudy in that situation." The Raptors had one of their worst defensive efforts of the season, allowing the Nets to shoot 51 per cent from the field. The Raptors shot 44. Brooklyn outscored Toronto 48-28 in the paint, and outrebounded the Raptors 39-34. "They did whatever they wanted, whether it getting to the rim, jump shots," Casey said. "There was no redeeming qualities with our defence until the end, we got scrappy at the end." Nets coach Jason Kidd, who played for the same 2011 NBA champion Dallas Mavericks team that Casey was a coach of, rubbed his hands over his face in sheer relief after Johnsons miss at the buzzer. "Those guys in that locker-room, I think they finally said they had enough," Kidd said. "They were talking for 48 minutes. The schemes defensively and offensively werent always perfect but those guys stayed the course. "Theres a bunch of guys in there with pride and they understood what they had to do tonight against the division leading Raptors. A big win on the road." Casey had kind words for Kidd before the game, saying he was "a reason why a lot of us (Dallas coaches) are around, his play as a player. We owe him a lot, just for what he did for us in Dallas as a player." But Casey said he wouldnt spend any time Tuesday catching up with Kidd, saying "Friendship is for the summertime." DeRozan got off to a strong start, making all five of his shots -- including three three-pointers -- in the opening 10 minutes, to put Toronto on top 28-26 heading into the second quarter. The Nets shot 55 per cent against Torontos lackadaisical defence in the second quarter, and seven straight points by Joe Johnson put the Nets up by four and the visitors took a 55-51 lead into the locker-room at halftime. DeRozan carried Toronto with 11 points in the third, but the Raptors couldnt make up any ground on the Nets, and a driving jumper with three seconds left in the quarter put Brooklyn up 81-76 with a quarter left. The game was the second of a four-game homestand for the Raptors, that has Toronto hosting the Miami Heat on Friday and Denver on Sunday. NOTES: The Nets roster features former Raptors Reggie Evans and Alan Anderson. . . Canadian tennis player Milos Raonic was at the game and helped chuck balls up into the crowd during a timeout. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: anyela
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3854 Themen und 3894 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen