s indicated he was making progress. "If

in TS-Server 08.10.2019 04:24
von jinshuiqian0713 • 1.130 Beiträge

AUSTIN, Texas -- No. 6 Kansas was rolling. The Jayhawks had won seven consecutive games to move to the top of the Big 12. They looked ready to cruise to another league title. So much for that idea. One trip down to No. 25 Texas showed the conference race is far from over. Wayne Selden Jr. scored 21 points, but Kansas struggled for much of an 81-69 loss to the Longhorns on Saturday. Isaiah Taylor scored 23 points and Jonathan Holmes had 22 as Texas earned its sixth consecutive win and pulled within a game of Kansas about halfway through the Big 12 schedule. "It was pretty much a dominating performance by the Longhorns over us today," Kansas coach Bill Self said. The Longhorns (17-4, 6-2), who lost their top four scorers from a 16-18 squad a year ago, have been the surprise of the Big 12 this season. Texas thumped the Jayhawks (16-5, 7-1) with suffocating defence that held the Big 12s best shooting team to 39 per cent from the floor. Kansas freshman Andrew Wiggins of Vaughan, Ont., who averaged 24 points over the previous three games, scored seven before fouling out late. The Longhorns outshot and outrebounded the Jayhawks, had 12 blocks, and once they built a double-digit lead, never left Kansas an opening to rally. "We didnt come with a lot of energy tonight. That was the result," Jayhawks forward Perry Ellis said. Taylor, a freshman guard who scored 27 a week earlier against Baylor, continued to slash his way through the Jayhawks for layups and floating jumpers, while Holmes hit from inside and outside. Holmes also went 9 for 10 from the free-throw line. Cameron Ridley added nine points, 10 rebounds and four blocks for Texas, winning his battle under the basket with Joel Embiid, Kansas 7-foot centre. Prince Ibeh also had four blocks. "We know its a long season," Selden said. "Well get back to Lawrence, regroup." The first half was pure frustration for the Jayhawks, who came in shooting 51 per cent as a team. Nothing, not even the open shots, seemed to find their way in the basket. Texas zone defence held the Jayhawks to 8-of-31 shooting in the half. Taylor and Holmes each scored 11 points and Ridley used his powerful body to push around the slender Embiid. When Holmes blocked a shot, grabbed the loose ball and raced up the court for a layup, the Jayhawks Frank Mason met him at the basket with a hard foul and the two players had to be separated. Kansas Brannen Greene was then whistled for a technical foul. Holmes made three of four free throws and Texas led 38-23 at halftime. Texas blew it open early in the second half with an emphatic basket by Ridley: a one-step, two-handed dunk over Embiid. Ridley converted the three-point play and Texas led 47-27. Kansas finally answered with consecutive 3-pointers but the Jayhawks couldnt piece together a run that could pull them close. Texas simply wouldnt let them. Holmes had a key 3-pointer and followed it with another tough layup. Demarcus Holland had the task of guarding Wiggins most of the game and despite giving up six inches, did a masterful job of frustrating the freshman into a rough shooting night. Wiggins fouled out with just over two minutes left, ending a 2-for-12 performance from the field. Holland also grabbed a team-high 11 rebonds. "I tried to box him out every opportunity," Holland said. "Cam and Prince were scaring him and he was settling for jump shots." Adidas NMD Womens NZ . -- San Francisco 49ers offensive co-ordinator Greg Roman is a finalist to replace Joe Paterno at Penn State, his agent said Monday. NMD R2 Sale Womens . Greece was on the wrong end of a 3-0 rout to Colombia in its first game of the tournament. They surrendered a goal in just the sixth minute of the contest, and despite some promising attacking play, failed to crawl back into the match. Japan, on the other hand, struck first in its match with Ivory Coast, with Keisuke Honda putting his side into the lead in the 16th minute. http://www.nmdshoesnz.com/adidas-stan-smith-cheap-nz.html. -- The Chicago Bears have agreed to terms with safety Brock Vereen and QB David Fales on four-year contracts. Adidas Continental 80 NZ . 31-Feb. 2. While organizers havent decided if itll be red or green clay, they feel their choice of surface will give the Americans an advantage over Britain, which is expected to be led by defending Wimbledon champion Andy Murray. Adidas NMD Human Race NZ . -- Theres something about playing on Orlandos floor lately that seems to bring out the best in the Dallas Mavericks.DUBLIN, Ohio -- Tiger Woods withdrew from the U.S. Open on Wednesday as he recovers from back surgery that has kept him out of golf for nearly three months. It will be the second U.S. Open, and sixth major, he has missed because of injury over the last six years. The U.S. Open is June 12-15 at Pinehurst No. 2, where Woods tied for third in 1999 and was runner-up in 2005. The announcement on his website was not surprising. A week ago at a promotional event for the Quicken Loans National at Congressional, Woods said he still had not taken a full swing with a golf club and did not know when he could. He had microdiscetomy surgery to relieve a pinched nerve on March 31. "Unfortunately, I wont be there because Im not yet physically able to play competitive golf," Woods said. "Id like to convey my regrets to the USGA leadership, the volunteers and the fans that I wont be at Pinehurst. The U.S. Open is very important to me, and I know its going to be a great week." Woods last played on March 9 at Doral, where he closed with a 78 while suffering what he called back spasms. He withdrew in the middle of the final round at the Honda Classic with back pain a week earlier. Woods is a three-time U.S. Open champion, one short of the record shared by Jack Nicklaus, Ben Hogan, Bobby Jones and Willie Anderson. His most recent U.S. Open victory was in 2008 at Torrey Pines, where he won in a playoff over Rocco Mediate a week before he had season-ending knee surgery. That was his 14th victory in 46 majors, a winning ratee of 30 per cent as a pro.dddddddddddd He has not won a major since Torrey Pines, leaving him four short of Nicklaus record. Woods missed the British Open and PGA Championship after knee surgery in 2008. He missed the U.S. Open and British Open while allowing leg injuries to heal in 2011. He missed the Masters for the first time in April because of back surgery. Nicklaus said earlier Wednesday that Woods health would be the biggest obstacle in breaking his record in the majors. Woods called Nicklaus earlier Wednesday to express regrets about missing the Memorial, and Nicklaus said that Woods indicated he was making progress. "If hes healthy, I think Tiger has got 10-plus years to play top quality tournament golf," Nicklaus said. "And Ive said many times, hes got a little over 40 tournaments to play the major championships; hes only got to win five to pass my record. As good a player as he is, I dont think that should be a big deal. But then again, hes got to do it. Plus, hes also got to be healthy to be able to do it." Woods has not indicated when he might be able to return to competition, saying that would be up to his doctors and how he recovers from the surgery. "Despite missing the first two majors, and several other important tournaments, I remain very optimistic about this year and my future," he said. While Woods wont be at Pinehurst, niece Cheyenne Woods will be there the following week for the U.S. Womens Open. She earned a spot Wednesday in qualifying in Scottsdale, Arizona. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: anyela
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3854 Themen und 3894 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen