eattles first eight games last

in TS-Server 09.10.2019 04:19
von jinshuiqian0713 • 1.130 Beiträge

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- The first full practice for the Daytona 500 ended early Wednesday after rookie Parker Kligermans airborne car ripped out a chunk of the grandstand fence. Kligermans car ended up sliding on its roof halfway down the front-stretch at Daytona International Speedway. No one was injured in the seven-car wreck, which stirred memories of last years last-lap crash in the second-tier Nationwide Series season opener at Daytona. Kyle Larsons car destroyed a large section of the catch-fence, sending debris into the stands and injuring nearly 30 people. The stands were virtually empty during practice Wednesday. The garage area, meanwhile, was buzzing with teams feverishly trying to fix cars or fine-tune backups for Thursdays dual qualifying races. "It happens every year," driver Joey Logano said. "You always hope youre the one thats not in it or you miss it. I saw it getting kind of crazy out there and youre kind of in the middle of it and you cant really get out of it at that point when youre in the middle. It was a little too late." Logano and Matt Kenseth started the melee when they got together coming out of turn 4 during a drafting session. Trevor Bayne hit Logano, who then slammed into Paul Menard. Menards car shot up the track and collected Kligerman. "You dont want to wreck in practice for sure," Kenseth said. "Honestly, the last lap and a half, I was just trying to figure out how to get out of there and get to the pits. But when youre stuck in the middle, you kind of got to wait until everything clears out." Kligermans car lifted off the ground, landed on top of Ryan Truexs hood then turned upside-down before coming to a stop across the track. "Youre not learning anything racing like that in practice," said Kligerman, one of eight rookies trying to make Sundays season-opening Daytona 500. "It was the first time Id ever flipped over. Id never done that in a race car. I assumed itd be rough, but it was actually soft. I saw the whole thing go down. Im up in the fence kind of floating along. Thankfully, none of the fans got injured, I hope." Kligerman, though, wasnt happy with Logano and his No. 22 Ford. "The 22 was being overly aggressive. Its a shame," Kligerman said. "Hes supposed to be a veteran. You go up here to the Sprint Cup Series, its supposed to be the best of the best and a guy in a practice is racing people like its the end of the Daytona 500. ... I dont quite understand that one. I am pretty upset about how that all went down." Dave Blaney also was involved in the crash. Six of the seven cars involved in the wreck -- all but Kenseth -- went to backup cars. Blaney doesnt have a backup car, but was working to get one from another team. Swan Racing was the hardest hit. Not only was Kligermans car totalled, but teammate Cole Whitt also hammered the wall earlier in practice. Whitts accident caused Brian Vickers and Casey Mears to get together, and Jeff Gordon ended up with a piece of debris lodged in his hood. Swan had just one backup car, which went to Kligerman, so the team was forced to fix Whitts Toyota. Vickers also went to a backup car. All of the backup cars will have to start from the back of the field in Thursdays qualifying races. The damage to the fence was severe enough that NASCAR cancelled the rest of the practice session so workers could repair the small hole. Daytona officials said the fence held up as expected. Workers replaced one cable and some meshing, and no one in the stands was injured. Fifteen cars didnt get on track during the first session. That included six-time and defending series champion Jimmie Johnson, who wrecked one Daytona car in the exhibition Sprint Unlimited on Saturday night. "Not that we were going to draft in practice before that, but we really arent going to draft now," Johnson said. "We need to watch ourselves because were down to one good race car. We have other stuff at home, but we really dont want to bring it down here." Cheap China Jerseys . Thats what he did over the past 2 1/2 years with the Washington Wizards. Wittmans approach helped turn the Wizards from pushover to playoff winners. China Jerseys 2020 .com) - Its fair to call Mike McCarthy one of the best coaches in the NFL but its also more than objective to point out that the veteran mentor bookended the Green Bay Packers season with two, truly awful game plans in Seattle. https://www.chinajerseysreview.com/. Szabados joined the Southern Professional Hockey League team last week. The 27-year-old goaltender from Edmonton backstopped the Canadian womens hockey team to Olympic gold Feb. China Jerseys Review . No such luck. Wiggins owned the end of Parkers impressive homecoming. The Kansas star scored 16 of his 22 points in the second half, outplaying Parker down the stretch and helping the fifth-ranked Jayhawks knock off No. China Jerseys Online . -- Scottie Wilbekin sat on the bench for the final minute, holding a bag of ice against his left knee.RENTON, Wash. -- Seattle Seahawks wide receiver Sidney Rice announced his retirement from the NFL on Wednesday after an injury-filled career that included issues with concussions. The Seahawks announced Rices decision two days before the start of training camp. The news was first reported by Pro Football Talk. Rice played seven seasons and is retiring at age 27. "I have enjoyed my experiences with all of my coaches, teammates and passionate Seahawks fans. I take great pride in knowing I was one of the players signed to help build the foundation of the team that ultimately won the Super Bowl," Rice said in a statement from the team. "Ill be joining the 12s in support of the Seattle Seahawks as they take on the challenge to repeat." Rice missed half of last season with the Seahawks after tearing his ACL against St. Louis. Rice re-signed with Seattle in the off-season on a $1 million, one-year deal. But he was going to be pushed to make the Seahawks final roster with the additions of draft picks Paul Richardson and Kevin Norwood and a healthy Percy Harvin. "The entire organization would like to thank Sidney for his leadership over the past three seasons," Seattle general manager John Schneider said. "His time as a Seahawks player displayed the core values that Pete and I aimed to bring to the program." Rice signed with Seattle as a free aggent before the 2011 season.dddddddddddd He played in 33 regular-season games with the Seahawks, his best season coming in 2012 when he had 50 receptions and seven touchdowns and played all 16 games. Rices best season came in 2009 when he was selected to the Pro Bowl after catching 83 passes for 1,312 yards and eight touchdowns. He added another 10 catches and four touchdowns in the playoffs that season. But injuries were always part of the story with Rice. His breakout season with Minnesota in 2009 was followed by hip surgery that limited him to six games in 2010, his final season with the Vikings. His first season with Seattle was shortened by a pair of concussions that eventually landed Rice on injured reserve. Rice started six of Seattles first eight games last season before injuring his knee against the Rams. Rice was a second-round pick of the Vikings in 2007. Hell finish his career with 243 catches and 30 touchdowns. Wide receiver is one position where the Seahawks could afford to absorb a loss. Golden Tate left for Detroit in free agency in the off-season, but Seattle was not counting on Rice to be a starter with Harvin, Doug Baldwin, Jermaine Kearse and Ricardo Lockette all returning off the Super Bowl roster. Rice recently invested in Wingstop franchises in the Puget Sound region and said he intends on establishing himself as a businessman. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: anyela
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3854 Themen und 3894 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen