(strained left oblique) had an MRI in

in TS-Server 10.10.2019 04:08
von jinshuiqian0713 • 1.130 Beiträge

ANAHEIM, Calif. - The width of Alec Martinezs shin guard was the difference between the Los Angeles Kings and the Anaheim Ducks in their playoff series opener. Corey Perry had the puck on his stick with a nearly open net early in overtime, but Martinez managed to block the shot by the Ducks best goal-scorer. It happened in an instant, but both players were still thinking about the pivotal play a day later as they prepared for Game 2 on Monday night. "I guess I channeled my inner goalie, playing in the driveway when I was younger," Martinez said Sunday after the latest round of congratulations for his game-saving block. "I just tried to get in front of it, and maybe got a little bit lucky, too." No hockey game turns on one play, and the Kings wouldnt have even made it to overtime without Marian Gaboriks tying goal with 7 seconds left in regulation in their 3-2 win. Several minutes after Martinezs big save, Gaboriks game-winner put the Kings up 1-0 in the second round with their fifth consecutive playoff victory. Both teams expect a long, taxing series between evenly matched opponents with a thorough mutual familiarity. They wont be surprised if more games in the series come down to one blocked shot, one extra pass or one big save. Perry still wont soon forget his missed opportunity to put the Ducks in front in the series. "Ive seen it a few times," said a grimacing Perry, who scored 43 goals in the regular season and two more in the first round against Dallas. "I was up for a while. You think about what it could have been. "He made a great play," Perry added. "I thought I had an open net, and obviously I tried to put it in, but he just got his leg on it, and I missed the rebound. Hopefully its a different bounce next time." Even before the late theatrics, the Southern California rivals first playoff meeting was every bit as entertaining as expected. The Kings have little trouble winning on the road, while the Ducks were a dominant home team this season — but neither team is likely to have a distinct home-ice advantage. "I thought the atmosphere was great," Kings forward Justin Williams said. "A lot of times when youre on the road, all you want to hear is silence. But there wasnt even much silence when we scored. There was a lot of Kings fans there and a lot of support for us, so that was the extra added element to the game. Usually when you score an overtime goal, its crickets in the building, and we heard a little something, so Kings fans are making their way down the freeway." Perry, Ryan Getzlaf and Teemu Selanne all had big moments for the Ducks, who controlled play for long stretches and got a strong performance from new starting goalie Jonas Hiller. Anaheim still couldnt capitalize on its opportunities to pull away, failing to crack the NHLs best defence with its habitually struggling power play. The Ducks might have more offensive ability than the Kings, but they also know it wont matter unless it leads to goals. "We didnt bury our few chances," Getzlaf said. "I dont think theyve changed much. Theyre still the team we know. Theyve just upped their intensity, and weve got to match it." The defence-minded Kings have been impressive offensively during their playoff winning streak. Los Angeles has 21 goals in its last five games, and Anze Kopitar has become the post-seasons leading scorer so far. The Kings are scoring well, but their defensive depth became even shallower in victory: Veteran defenceman Jeff Schultz could make his debut for Los Angeles in Game 2 if injured Willie Mitchell and Robyn Regehr must sit out. Down to five healthy defencemen for much of Game 1 at Honda Center, the Kings still managed to limit the Ducks to two goals. "I had a little chat with (coach Darryl Sutter), and he said, Just go out there and play," said Schultz, who played for Ducks coach Bruce Boudreau in Washington during his 399 games of NHL experience. "Its hard to replace a guy like Robyn, but I feel like Im capable of doing a similar job to what he can do." Zion Williamson Pelicans Jersey .FIFA says it is relaxing the rule which forced match officials to leave its international list at the end of the year they turned 45. New Orleans Pelicans Jerseys . 9 Baylor Bears just needed some time to get on track in their first game after the Christmas break. https://www.pelicanslockerroom.com/Josh-...Edition-Jersey/. - The RBC Canadian Open will return to Glen Abbey Golf Club next year, marking the 27th time that the national open championship will be played at the Oakville, Ont. Nickeil Alexander-Walker Jersey . Anderson shook off some unusually poor shooting and hit two clutch 3-pointers in overtime that carried the New Orleans Pelicans to a 111-106 victory over the Detroit Pistons on Wednesday night. Josh Hart Jersey . - The Green Bay Packers got back to work on Friday without star quarterback Aaron Rodgers.LOS ANGELES -- Pinch-hitter Andrew Susac singled home the go-ahead run in the 13th inning, and the San Francisco Giants beat the first-place Los Angeles Dodgers 5-2 Monday night to climb within 3 1/2 games of the NL West lead. Susac singled to left field off Kevin Correia (2-4), scoring Brandon Belt. San Francisco tacked on two more runs to take a 5-2 lead on Gregor Blancos double. Blanco homered and scored twice for the Giants, who snapped a three-game skid and remained tied with Pittsburgh for the two NL wild-card slots. San Francisco can clinch a playoff berth Tuesday night with a win and a Milwaukee loss. Santiago Casilla (3-3) got the victory with two innings of relief, and Hunter Strickland pitched the 13th to earn his first career save. The Dodgers didnt have a hit after the sixth inning and put only three runners on base during that stretch. Two were hit by pitches and the other reached on a throwing error. The Giants had runners in scoring position in the eighth, ninth, 10th and 11th but failed to score. Brandon Belt tried to score on Brandon Crawfords single to centre in the 11th, but he got nailed by Yasiel Puigs pinpoint throw to the plate. Joaquin Arias struck out swinging to end the inning. The Dodgers tied it 2-all in the fifth on Carl Crawfords leadoff homer and Dee Gordons sacrifice fly that scored Juan Uribe, who doubled. The Giants extended their lead to 2-0 in the third on Joe Paniks sacrifice to the pitcher that scored Blanco from third after Matt Kemps three-base error in right field. A week after Kemp and Puig exchanged words inn the dugout at Colorado, they crossed each other up on Blancos routine fly.dddddddddddd Both players were converging toward centre field to make a play on the ball. Kemp raced over and appeared to call him off, but Puig seemed indecisive and got in the way of the ball, which dropped. Kemp and Puig returned to their positions and looked at each other from a distance. Blanco homered on a 3-2 count leading off the game to give the Giants the lead in front of 53,500, the biggest crowd in the majors this season. Puig was 0 for 4 with a strikeout and got hit by a pitch. Kemp was hitless in five at-bats with two strikeouts. TRAINERS ROOM Giants: RHP Tim Hudson (hip) threw a bullpen session and is scheduled to start Wednesday, but could be replaced by RHP Tim Lincecum depending on how he feels. ... OF Michael Morse (strained left oblique) had an MRI in San Francisco but had not received the results. ... OF Angel Pagan (inflamed nerve in lower back) missed his third straight game and there was no timetable given for his return. Dodgers: LHP Hyun-Jin Ryu (shoulder inflammation) is throwing and will slowly be moved forward as his shoulder allows. UP NEXT Giants: Madison Bumgarner (18-9, 2.91 ERA) takes the mound with 11 career wins against the Dodgers, the second-most of any active pitcher against them. The Giants have won each of his last six starts. The left-handers 18 wins are the most by a Giants pitcher since Shawn Estes had 19 in 1997. Dodgers: Zack Greinke (15-8, 2.76) owns a 4-0 record with a 1.38 ERA in four starts this season against the Giants. 09:56ET 23-09-14 ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: anyela
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3854 Themen und 3894 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen