Hes swinging a good bat and having

in TS-Server 16.10.2019 04:05
von jinshuiqian0713 • 1.130 Beiträge

Each week, The Reporters put their thumbs out to the good and the bad in the world of sports. This week they discuss the NFL suing rapper MIA, Toronto Argonauts QB Zach Collaros, boxing judge CJ Ross, and Philadelphia Eagles fans warm reception for Donovan McNabb. Bruce Arthur, National Post: My thumb is down to the NFL which has apparently been secretly suing the Sri Lankan singer/rapper MIA since she appeared in the Super Bowl halftime show last year with Madonna where she flipped the bird to the camera. And yes, she did sign a contract which acknowledged the “tremendous public respect and reputation for wholesomeness of the NFL.” And the NFL thinks that this has apparently damaged that reputation as opposed to say Bountygate, the fact that Aldon Smith is playing this Sunday after being picked up for a DUI Friday morning, or the $765 million concussion settlement in which it has been revealed the NFL tried to exclude players who died or killed themselves before 2009. Nope, its MIA, thats the problem. Steve Simmons, Sun Media: This surprises even me to say this but my thumb is up to Zach Collaros , the backup quarterback to Ricky Ray now starting for the Toronto Argonauts. The Argos went on the road to Montreal, to Regina, and last night to Calgary. Win, win, win. Collaros came back in the second half of each of those games and brought the Argos to victory. The Argos are now not just the defending Grey Cup champions but I think the favourites for this year because Collaros has kept them in games and won them. Collaros has done more than anybody could have possibly anticipated. Michael Farber, Sports Illustrated: My thumb is up to CJ Ross, who made her best decision of the week after making a mess of her scorecard at the Floyd Mayweather-Canelo Alvarez mismatch. The veteran boxing judge has decided to take a break from the sport, perhaps permanently. In what looked to be a one-sided fight to just about anyone with vision last Saturday night somehow ended up as a draw on Ross scorecard. This wasnt the first time anything like this has happened in a big fight. Ross was criticized for improperly scoring the Timothy Bradley-Manny Pacquio controversial fight last year as well. Its best for her to walk away now. And its best for boxing. Dave Naylor, TSN: And my thumb is up to the reception given to former Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb at his jersey retirement ceremony on Thursday night. Etiquette has never been the strong suit of Philly fans, and we sure know they seemed to hate McNabb as much as they loved him, starting with the infamous booing of his selection on draft day. But though McNabb never delivered a Super Bowl win to the City of Brotherly Love, Philly fans recognized that he kept the Eagles in the hunt during nearly every one of his 11 seasons in Philly. All the while managing the distinction of being a lightning rod for controversy and a model citizen at the same time. The fact his former coach Andy Reid was there to be honoured as well made this a rare touching moment for what is undoubtedly one of the most harshly critical - and occasionally abusive - fan bases in all of sports. Isaiah Johnson Jersey . Smith has spent the last three seasons with the Rockies, playing both left and right field, and has a .275 batting average with 51 homers and 181 RBIs in 487 major league games. Hunter Renfrow Jersey . The Incheon-based tea, of the Korea Baseball Organization said the deal for the 35-year-old Scott included a $50,000 signing bonus. Scott reached the major leagues with Houston in 2005 and hit 23 homers or more for Baltimore each year from 2008-10. https://www.raiderssportsgoods.com/Women...ted-Jersey/.com) - The Kansas City Chiefs activated linebacker Joe Mays from short-term injured reserve on Saturday. Otis Sistrunk Jersey . "I could have been equipment manager but nooooo" from Lisa on Ice. Season 6, Episode 8. Foster Moreau Womens Jersey .cas NHL Play of the Year showdown continues today with a man whos spent most of his career on highlight reels and a goalie actually "reaching back" for a save.CLEARWATER, Fla. -- Cliff Lee gave up a run in three innings, outpitching fellow Cy Young Award winner R.A. Dickey, but Adam Lind and Dan Johnson each homered for the Toronto Blue Jays in 5-3 victory over the Philadelphia Phillies on Tuesday night. Lee, the 2008 AL Cy Young winner with Cleveland, allowed three hits and struck out two. He matched up against the 2012 NL winner -- with the New York Mets -- for the second time in six days. "Cliff was solid, a normal outing for him," Philadelphia manager Ryne Sandberg said. "He had his fastball command and he made some good pitches. I thought he looked sharp." Dickey yielded three runs and four hits in four innings of his second spring start. He struck out two and walked three. "I felt strong, which is all I really care about right now," Dickey said. "Being able to get up and down (for four innings) early in spring, feeling great, thats important for me. Lind connected off right-hander B.J. Rosenberg with two outs in the fourth inning. Marlon Byrd hit an opposite-field homer in the third off Dickey. STARTING TIME Phillies: Lee threw a perfect first inning en route to three sharp innings in his second spring outing. The left-hander hasnt walked a batter in five spring innings. "Im pretty happy with it," Lee said. "I know what my job is (this spring) and I know what I need to do to prepare..dddddddddddd. . Its just a matter of doing it." Blue Jays: Dickey hit the second batter he faced and walked three but remained encouraged following his second start of the spring. "I had a really good (knuckle) today," Dickey said. "The one that hit (Freddy) Galvis, it broke three feet and just broke right into his shoe. Thats part of the deal; you get one, it catches and goes that way. Thats tough. Other than that I felt pretty good." BIG BYRD Byrd finished the game 2 for 3 and is hitting .385 in five games this spring. The Phillies signed Byrd to a two-year, $16 million free-agent contract to play right field and bat behind cleanup hitter Ryan Howard. "Hes swinging a good bat and having consistent at-bats," Sandberg said. "Hes a good bat for us and hes showing it early." TRAINERS ROOM Phillies: Third baseman Cody Asche took batting practice with his teammates but was out of the lineup for the second straight day. Asche was hit in the right hand with a pitch from Pittsburghs Yao-Hsun Yang on Sunday. He could return to the lineup on Wednesday against the Braves, according to Sandberg. "Hes a quick healer," Sandberg said. Philadelphia shortstop Jimmy Rollins was a late scratch from the starting lineup. Rollins took part in pregame work with the team but has had flu-like symptoms. Rollins illness kept him out of camp on Monday. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: anyela
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3854 Themen und 3894 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen