never want to see happen and

in TS-Server 16.10.2019 04:05
von jinshuiqian0713 • 1.130 Beiträge

CHICAGO -- No matter who the quarterback was, the Chicago Bears had no trouble finding the end zone. Jay Cutler, Jordan Palmer and Jimmy Clausen threw touchdown passes to help Chicago beat the Philadelphia Eagles 34-28 on Friday night in the preseason opener for both teams. Cutler looked sharp in his brief stint. Palmer overcame an interception, and Clausen, the man he is fighting for the backup job, made a strong case, too. "I like the way (Palmer) brought the team back," coach Marc Trestman said. "He came back and moved the football team. And the same thing with Jimmy. I thought he moved the football team, was poised for a guy whos been here so little time. "I think we saw something there, as well, so that competition continues." It was a different story for Philadelphia quarterback Nick Foles. The Bears rattled him early, intercepting two passes even though they were missing Jared Allen. The five-time Pro Bowl defensive end and prized free-agent acquisition missed practices this week because his wife gave birth to a girl. Tight end Martellus Bennett remained suspended by the Bears for his role in an altercation with cornerback Kyle Fuller at practice on Monday. Chicago also was missing right guard Kyle Long (ankle) and right tackle Jordan Mills (foot), but had no trouble moving the ball. Cutler made the most of his two possessions, completing 9 of 13 passes for 85 yards. Then, he watched both contenders for the backup job deliver solid performances. Palmer got the first shot and went 8 of 11 for 104 yards. He got hit attempting a deep pass to Chris Williams, resulting in an interception for Nate Allen, but redeemed himself late in the half with a touchdown pass. Clausen started the third quarter and threw for 150 yards and two touchdowns, including a 73-yarder to Williams along the right sideline. Later in the quarter, he connected with Michael Spurlock on a 22-yard scoring pass and hit Dante Rosario on the two-point conversion to put Chicago ahead 31-28. Zach Miller caught six passes for 68 yards, including touchdowns from Cutler and Palmer, and the Bears earned the win. For Foles, it was simply a brutal night. The quarterback who posted the NFLs highest passer rating and threw just two interceptions in 13 games last season couldnt get in sync. He wound up with 44 yards on 6-of-9 passing before Jets castoff Mark Sanchez took over. "We cant have the errors that we had to start the game on offence, whether it be the interceptions or the penalties," Foles said. "What preseason allows is an opportunity to clean it up. Thats what well do as a team. Well clean it up and well move forward." Sanchez was 7 for 10 for 79 yards against backups on defence. Matthew Tucker ran for 40 yards and two touchdowns before leaving with a hamstring injury. Josh Huff returned a kickoff 102 yards late in the first half to give the Eagles a 21-14 lead. Foles troubles started on the games first possession when he got pressured and threw the ball right to Chicagos Ryan Mundy, resulting in an easy interception for a player vying for time at safety. Cutler led the Bears on a 69-yard touchdown drive on their second possession, finishing it with a 10-yard strike to Miller to make it 7-0. Foles then had the Eagles threatening, but with the ball on the 32, a short pass intended for Zach Ertz got picked off by Sherrick McManis. Sanchez was decisive, on target and a big reason why the Eagles scored touchdowns on three straight possessions to take a 21-14 halftime lead. He led them on 53 and 51-yard scoring drives that ended with short runs by Tucker to put Philadelphia up 14-7. Palmer answered with a 12-yard TD to Miller to tie it with just over a minute left, but in a flash, the Eagles regained the lead. Huff returned the kickoff 102 yards untouched up the left sideline to put Philadelphia ahead 21-14 at the half. "Ive learned a lot from Coach Trestman about moving on, the inevitability of success and adversity -- its going to strike you," Palmer said. "For me, when something bad happens, you shake it off and move forward because you cant do anything about the last play." Notes: Philadelphias Jeremy Maclin had one 15-yard catch after missing last season with a torn ACL. ... Asked if Bennett will practice on Sunday, Trestman said, "It has not been decided." ... Trestman said safeties Chris Conte (shoulder) and Craig Steltz (groin) are "very close" to being cleared to practice -- possibly next week. Both are on the physically unable to perform list. Seattle Mariners Pro Shop . - No matter the lineup or location, the San Antonio Spurs are rolling through the NBA again this spring, just the way they have for most of the last two decades. Seattle Mariners Shirts . - Considering where Jeff Gordon was after Richmond, left out of the Chase for the Sprint Cup championship in part due to some late-race shenanigans, he couldnt have been happier on Sunday. https://www.cheapmariners.com/.Y. -- The New York Islanders were seeking a positive finish to a frustrating season on home ice. Stitched Mariners Jerseys . Rodgers was ruled out on Friday by Packers head coach Mike McCarthy. Matt Flynn will make his second consecutive start for the Packers. Wholesale Mariners Jerseys . Ending a nine-game losing streak? That gave the Milwaukee Bucks veteran forward a reason to smile.TORONTO -- Tyler Bozak isnt yet on the cusp of returning. But when hes eligible to come off long-term injured reserve Dec. 29, the Toronto Maple Leafs centre figures his torn oblique will be healed up enough to get back into the lineup. "Its still getting better every day. It feels pretty good now," Bozak said Thursday. "If theres a problem, maybe, but right now it looks like Ill be back right when IR ends." Bozak has been out since Dec. 5 and missed Torontos home game Thursday night against Phoenix. And with the Leafs having placed him on the long-term list, Bozak must also miss upcoming games against Detroit, the New York Rangers and Buffalo before being free to return against Carolina three days before the Winter Classic. The 27-year-old skated with teammates Thursday at the Air Canada Centre but hes obviously on his own track while the Leafs seek to reverse their fortunes. After missing 12 games earlier this year with a hamstring injury, Bozak is dealing with another difficult problem with his oblique. "Kind of like the same thing last year but a lot worse this year," he said. "I dont know what it is, to be honest. "I kind of stressed it a lot on faceoffs. I think it mightve happened on that. I think its just pretty unlucky and nothing you can get too down on yourself about." Bozaks injury came with the Leafs already missing centre Dave Bolland, who still hasnt resumed skating after haviing a tendon in the back of his ankle severed in late October.dddddddddddd The latest injury down the middle came Tuesday night against the Florida Panthers when impressive journeyman callup Trevor Smith broke a bone in his right hand blocking a shot. "I dont know whats going on with us," Bozak said of Torontos injury woes. "I think its all been pretty unfortunate stuff with Smitty and Bolly, things that you never want to see happen and they cant really control by any means." Bozak cant control much right now other than his rehab. Being forced to watch the Leafs go 3-5-0 without him certainly hasnt helped matters. "Its not fun to watch, its never fun to watch," Bozak said. "Its not fun to watch if youre winning or if youre losing. "Obviously you want to be out there helping the guys and stuff like that." Bozak is used to being able to help, typically as the No. 1 centre alongside roommate and friend Phil Kessel, who had two goals in the eight games prior to Thursdays contest with Phoenix. Bozak hasnt had any season like this before and is trying to stay positive. "Ive not really been injured at all, knock on wood, except for college I had surgery on my one knee the one year," he said. "My first years here I missed a handful of games each year, but nothing too serious. "Obviously its been tough, but I hope I can come back stronger and help the team." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: anyela
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3854 Themen und 3894 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen