rounding second before

in TS-Server 17.10.2019 03:53
von jinshuiqian0713 • 1.130 Beiträge

DETROIT -- Jhonny Peralta is trying to make the most of a second chance with the Detroit Tigers that was far from guaranteed. The Detroit portion of Peraltas career looked like it might be over when he was suspended 50 games on Aug. 5 following Major League Baseballs investigation of the Biogenesis of America anti-aging clinic. Despite the long layoff, hes been able to contribute in the post-season, saving the Tigers with a big home run in the division series and adding needed power to the lineup. Peraltas return has raised the usual questions about doping in baseball and whether his punishment was harsh enough. The Tigers are happy to have him back, whether hes at shortstop or in the outfield. "I think I have a new life, a new opportunity," Peralta said. "Its important, how Detroit gave me the opportunity to come back here. I appreciate everything." Peralta was in the middle of a fine season when his suspension began. The Tigers had anticipated his absence, acquiring smooth-fielding shortstop Jose Iglesias from Boston shortly before the suspension. Eligible for free agency after the World Series, Peralta returned for a three-game series at the Miami Marlins as Detroit closed the regular season. That didnt leave him much time to prepare for any playoff games. He had gone to the Dominican Republic to try to stay in shape during the suspension, then spent some time in the instructional league. As they closed in on their third straight AL Central title, the Tigers said theyd give Peralta a chance to earn a spot on the post-season roster. Because Iglesias had impressed as the new shortstop, Detroit said Peralta would have to learn to play left field. "It was a cram course," said manager Jim Leyland, who has used Peralta at shortstop and left field during these playoffs. "I dont know how this is happening. Im not sure hes totally comfortable in left field yet. Id be lying if I said I was totally comfortable with him in left field yet." But with Miguel Cabrera hobbled and Prince Fielder struggling, the Tigers have needed offence in this post-season, and Peralta has provided it. In Game 4 of the AL division series against Oakland, Detroit trailed 3-0 and was facing elimination when Peralta connected for a three-run homer in the fifth inning -- perhaps the biggest swing of the playoffs for the Tigers so far. Detroit went on to win that series in five games. Now the Tigers trail the AL championship series 3-2, with Game 6 at Boston set for Saturday. Peraltas RBI single brought home the only run of Game 1 against the Red Sox. Hes hitting .367 this post-season, with four doubles to go along with that big home run. "Instructional league I think helped," Peralta said. "They really have good pitching over there. They throw hard, and they throw everywhere." Peralta has been the target of derisive chants from opposing fans -- par for the course for a high-profile player implicated in a drug investigation. The San Francisco Giants did not bring back Melky Cabrera last year after his suspension. They ended up winning the World Series without him. The Tigers chose a different course, not feeling any obligation to add more punitive measures once Peralta had served his ban. "I think the majority of the club felt that he handled it as well as he possibly could. He made a mistake, he admitted he made a mistake, he apologized, he worked hard to get back," general manager Dave Dombrowski said. "He paid his due, he paid his penalty, and who am I or who are we to really enforce more?" Now Peralta is doing his best to make up for lost time. "I try to be positive and try to help our team," he said. "And try to win games every day." Stitched Mets Jerseys . Samir Nasris 88th-minute equalizer at Etihad Stadium will be of little consolation to City, which is now six points behind league leader Liverpool and four points behind second-place Chelsea. Third-place City has a game in hand but the surprise result against Sunderland, coupled with Sundays 3-2 loss at Liverpool, may be a setback too far in its bid for a second championship in three seasons. New York Mets Store . Down 2-1 after Rick Nash scored on a penalty shot, the Oilers ran off four unanswered goals in the remainder of the second period on the way to a 6-3 victory on Sunday. https://www.cheapmetsjerseys.us/. The 2010 batting champ showed what he can do when hes mostly healthy. Gonzalez homered, doubled and singled in his return to the lineup, and the Colorado Rockies snapped a five-game losing streak with a 13-4 victory over the Chicago Cubs on Wednesday night. Mets Jerseys China . Which is to say, the top of this years draft class is not as dynamic or exciting as the 2013 class of Nate MacKinnon, Sasha Barkov, Jonathan Drouin and Seth Jones and its not as strikingly promising as the highly-anticipated 2015 slate of Connor McDavid, Jack Eichel and Noah Hanifin. Mets Jerseys 2020 . Over the course of his career Glenn is 79-71-1 in 151 starts for a .526 career winning percentage. Since becoming a Stampeder, he has elevated his play and raised his stock around the league.BOSTON -- Dustin Pedroia spent the first month of the season just one home run shy of 100 in his career. Pedroia reached the milestone with a little panache, hitting a grand slam in the sixth inning and propelling the Boston Red Sox to a 7-1 win over the Oakland Athletics on Friday night. "I was pretty excited to hit a home run. Its been a while," said Pedroia, who had gone 160 at-bats without one. The skid ended when the Red Sox truly needed it, clinging to a 2-1 lead on a night when both clubs were failing to drive in runs. Pedroia drove an 0-2 pitch out to left field in the sixth inning for his second career grand slam and first homer since Sept. 17. "Honestly, I was just trying to drive one run in," Pedroia said. "As a team, weve been scuffling a little bit with guys on." The grand slam put Boston up 6-1 and the cushion was plenty for Clay Buchholz (2-2), who shut down the team with the top record in the American League. Buchholz pitched 6 1-3 innings, allowing one run on three hits and striking out five. He walked three and got himself out of several jams as the As left five on base and were 0-for-7 with runners in scoring position against Buchholz. "We hit some balls hard. We hit a lot of balls hard, actually -- right at people and then didnt get some hits when we did have some guys on base," Oakland manager Bob Melvin said. John Jaso scored Oaklands only run, coming in on a wild pitch after leading off the third with a triple. Boston was having its own struggles with runners on before Pedroia came through in the sixth off of reliever Ryan Cook. Xander Bogaerts and A.J. Pierzynski started the sixth with back-to-back singles off Dan Otero, who began the inning. Otero struck out Will Middlebrooks, then walked Bradley to load the bases with one out. Cook relieved Otero and got Pedroia down 0-2, before he cleared the bases with a shot that just cleared the Green Monster. As manager Bob Melvin challenged whether thhe ball cleared the yellow line before a fan touched it and lost the appeal.dddddddddddd The milestone homer put him in elite Red Sox company as only the second player in franchise history with 100 home runs and 100 stolen bases. Pedroia, who stole his 121st career base in the first inning, joins Carl Yastrzemski (452 home runs, 168 steals). "They told me that after the game. Thats crazy," Pedroia said. "I guess Im getting old. But just having your name anywhere said with his is an accomplishment." Boston hadnt scored since getting a pair of runs in the second inning off starter Dan Straily (1-2). Grady Sizemore led off with a double and scored on Pierzynskis single with one out. Jackie Bradley Jr. added a two-out double to drive in Pierzynski and Boston led 2-0. Straily pitched 4 1-3 innings, allowing two runs on four hits. He struck out three and walked three. "I felt like every single time, every batter I was behind 2-0. Thats just not the way to pitch," Straily said. "Its just a frustrating day." Bradley ended a potential rally for the As in the eighth with a leaping catch at the centre field wall, then hitting Pedroia with a strong relay throw. Pedroia threw to Mike Napoli as Josh Donaldson scrambled to get back after rounding second before seeing Bradley make the catch. Notes: The series continues Saturday afternoon with Boston LHP Jon Lester (2-4) scheduled to face Oakland lefty Tommy Milone (0-2). .. Oakland played its first game in May after tying the franchise record for wins in April at 18-9. ... Buchholz allowed 12 runs on 20 hits over 6 2-3 innings in his first two starts at Fenway Park this season. ... Boston rookie SS Xander Bogaerts has reached safely in 14 straight games. ... Boston C A.J. Pierzynski was played his 1,700th career game behind the plate. ... Pedroia could catch Yastrzemskis steal total of 168, but Yazs 452 homers are probably out of reach for Bostons pesky second baseman. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: anyela
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3854 Themen und 3894 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen