t I have said when I started here.

in TS-Server 21.10.2019 04:15
von jinshuiqian0713 • 1.130 Beiträge

INDIANAPOLIS -- Big Roy came up with a big answer for his critics and his teammates Wednesday night. He played like an All-Star when the Pacers really needed it. After 48 hours of questions and criticism, Roy Hibbert scored a season-high 28 points, grabbed nine rebounds, blocked two shots and altered a handful of others to help the Pacers get even in the Eastern Conference semifinals with an 86-82 victory over Washington. Hibbert sounded more relieved than redeemed. "David (West) always talks to me about being the person that rescues yourself when youre in the middle of the ocean," Hibbert said after Indiana tied the best-of-seven series at 1-1. "Theres nobody who can throw a lifesaver or a rope out to help you. So I had to do it myself." The next step is proving he can play this way again Friday when Washington hosts Game 3. Hibbert went into Wednesday with a combined total of 37 points and 24 rebounds in Indianas first eight playoff games. Twice in the previous four he failed to score a point or grab a rebound. Beleaguered Pacers fans wanted Hibbert benched. Frustrated teammates talked publicly and privately about needing more from their 7-foot-2 centre. Critics turned Hibbert into the butt of jokes and on the Internet, some even tried to explain Hibberts incredible disappearing act with unseemly speculation. After talking to his old college coach, John Thompson III, and Colts linebacker Robert Mathis, a close friend, Hibbert blocked out the inescapable firestorm, focused on basketball and fueled the decisive 6-0 run late in the fourth quarter. It was enough to put repeated smiles on Hibberts face, even if he considers it only a start. "I just want to string a few games together," he said. "Consistency hasnt been my biggest friend this year. Im going to try to continue to play aggressive and Im going to try to control the things I can control. I cant control play calls, but I can control how hard I play, how fast I run down the court and how well I play defence." George Hill finished with 14 points, Paul George had 11 points, six rebounds and four assists, and Lance Stephenson added 12 points, seven rebounds and five assists. And for the first time this post-season, the Pacers held an opponent to fewer than nine 3-pointers. Washington finished 5 of 21 from behind the arc, the lowest percentage (23.8) in the playoffs this year. Much of the credit went to Hibbert, who helped open up the offensive lanes for his teammates and protected the rim well enough that Indiana could spread out and defend the perimeter. "Hes got our attention now," Drew Gooden said. "Weve got to be focused on guarding the Roy Hibbert we know." It was a lost opportunity for the Wizards, who had won their first four playoff games on the road -- three at Chicago and Monday night at Indy -- and could have gone home with a commanding 2-0 lead. They had chances. Washington led by as much as six early in the third quarter and rallied in the fourth to take a 77-74 lead with 5:01 to go before Hibbert and George scored six straight to give the Pacers the lead for good. Marcin Gortat finished with 21 points and 11 rebounds. Bradley Beal had 17 points and Nene added 14. "He came out with a lot of intensity and established position," Beal said. "We didnt play our best game. We didnt shoot the ball and we didnt defend like we know were capable." But Hibbert changed this game almost by himself. He scored the first five points of the game, an indication that things were going to be different, and he came up big late, too. Hibberts nifty stop-and-go layup got the Pacers within 77-76. That basket ignited the decisive 6-0 spurt. Georges steal on the ensuing possession led to a layup from Hill that gave Indiana a 78-77 lead, and Hibberts presence in the middle allowed George to find a lane for a two-handed dunk that made it 80-77. All the Wizards could muster after that was an alley-oop layup from Gortat and a long 3-pointer from Beal that got the Wizards within 84-82 with 11 seconds to play. West made two free throws and Hibbert sealed it by grabbing the last rebound of the game. "He carried us tonight," West said. "I thought he was very relaxed before the game. He was relaxed this morning. He didnt say a whole lot, but as a professional, I think everything just came down on him and he responded the right way." Notes: Hibbert was 10 of 13 from the field and made all eight of his free throw attempts.... Nene went to the locker room in the first quarter after apparently hurting his left leg or ankle but returned early in the second quarter and finished the game. Cedi Osman Jersey . The Italian football federation announced the appointment, three days after new president Carlo Tavecchio was elected. Tavecchio and Conte spoke on the phone early Thursday. Kevin Love Jersey . Adam LaRoche will take that. "I like our position in the standings and I like how our team is playing," LaRoche said after Washington swept a day-night doubleheader from the Cubs on Saturday. https://www.thecavalierslockerroom.com/C...Edition-Jersey/. -- The Los Angeles Angels have agreed to a minor league contract with reliever Brandon Lyon that includes an invitation to their big league camp for spring training. Collin Sexton Cavaliers Jersey . The former world No. 1 Djokovic, who is the top seed here despite being ranked No. 2, snuck past 35-year-old Czech showman Radek Stepanek in four high- quality sets, 6-4, 6-3, 6-7 (5-7), 7-6 (7-5), on Centre Court. Djokovic appeared relieved when he converted on his first match point by swatting a cross-court forehand winner that just caught the line to end an affair that featured only two service breaks. Kyle Korver Cavaliers Jersey . "I just think what it does for everybody in life is real simple," said Babcock early on Friday afternoon. "You dont give in. You just keep on keeping on. Is it going to go your way every time? No. But you choose your attitude and how you perform and how hard you dig in." Nearly four years to the day of the 2010 gold medal match in Vancouver, his team dug in with its best effort of these Olympics, snuffing out the high-powered Americans for another opportunity at gold.Louis van Gaal has been sacked by Manchester United and is set to be replaced by Jose Mourinho at Old Trafford. Here, we look back at the Dutchmans reign in quotes... I have managed in games at Old Trafford before and know what an incredible arena Old Trafford is and how passionate and knowledgeable the fans are.Louis van Gaal, upon the announcement that he was the new Manchester United manager, 19 May 2014 The most important difference is that I am training the players, not in the legs, but in the brain, in brain power.On his footballing philosophy, 26 July 2014I have never had an experience when you lose or draw at home when they are applauding you. They were very important in my first six months.On the support of the Manchester United fans despite a mixed start for him at the club, 31 December 2014 Man Utd to appoint Jose LIVE! All the latest with Jose Mourinho poised to replace Louis van Gaal at Man Utd I suppose in the end we couldnt cope with long-ball United. It was just thump it forward and see what they could get, and in the end it paid off for them.Sam Allardyce after his West Ham side drew at Old Trafford, 8 February 2015When you have 60 per cent ball possession do you think that you can do that with long balls?Van Gaal hits back and produces a four-page dossier which he hands to a journalist and says Give that to Big Sam, 10 February 2015 The fans are shouting every week, Louis van Gaals army! Louis van Gaals army! Louis van Gaal The fans are shouting every week, Louis van Gaals army! Louis van Gaals army!On United fans sticking behind him, 10 February 2015I cannot change that. I cannot change facts and you know that.On being questioned on a return of just four goals in the Premier League from Falcao, 9 March 2015 Mourinho and Man Utd A timeline of events involving Jose Mourinho, Louis van Gaal and Man Utd I have said to you that you are the best fans of the world but I was tonight a little bit disappointed. And I shall say why. I have seen a lady who plays the saxophone fantastically. Give her a big applause!At the end of season awards at Manchester United, 19 May 2015I hope that we succeed but still we have to be aware that its not like its a piece of cake.After securing Champions League qualification, 25 May 2015 When you are not willing to follow the principles of the philosophy, then there is only one way and that is out.On Victor Valdes refusal to play for Uniteds reserves, 15 July 2015 Last year the third captain was Mr. Mike Smalling. Sorry, I mean Chris Smalling. Louis van Gaal Thats my philosophy, the players have to accept the captain - the first captain is Wayne Rooney, the second captain is Michael Carrick and last year the third captain was Mr Mike Smalling. Sorry, I mean Chris Smalling.The boss drops a clanger at a pre-season press conference, 21 July 2015For me, Liverpool is a fantastic club. Because I have won every game against Liverpool.Van Gaal gloats after beating Liverpool 3-1, 12 September 2015In the consistency, he has surprised me, but in terms of his ability, no. Because we have known already for a long time he can do it.On Anthony Martials form after people questioned his high transfer fee, 23 October 2015 Van Gaal congratulates Anthony Martial You have an expression in England and it is, Sticks and stones can break my bones, but names can never hurt me. It is a fantastic expression. Why is he saying something? Because of the benefit of the club, or the benefit of himself?On Paul Scholes criticism of his United side, October 30 2015Of course I heard that, Im not deaf. Thats the opinion of the fans but afterwards they shall not be disappointed.On fans booing after United beat CSKA Moscow 1-0, 3 November 2015I dont have any problems with players but sometimes they are out of the team because their competitor is in that moment in a better shape, but that doesnt mean that I have a quarrel with the player. Its a matter of form.On Andreas Pereira and Jesse Lingard being preferred to Memphis Depay, 21 November 2015When you see the facts, we went further in the Capital One Cup [than last season] and qualified for the Champions League group stage.After Manchester United lost 3-2 to Wolfsburg in the Champions League, 8 December 2015 I dont want to finish my career with the club sacking me. Louis van Gaal The pressure was higher when I was starting out as a manager because I had more to lose then but, no, that doesnt affect my hunger or desire now because I dont want to finish my career with the club sacking me.On speculation his job is under threat, 19 December 2015Has anybody in this room not a feeling to apologise to me? Thats what I am wondering. I think I was already sacked, I have read. Or have been sacked.LVG ironically wishes the media Merry Christmas and tells them to enjoy their wine and a mince pie, on December 23, 2015It is not always...the club has to fire or sack me. Sometimes I do it by myself.Sparking speculation he was about to resign following defeat at Stoke, December 26, 2015 There are matches that I have enjoyed and there are also matches where Im very bored. Louis van Gaal There are matches that I have enjoyed and there are also matches where Im very bored or angry because we are not disorganising our opponents defence, but that is football.On being bored at Uniteds football, 11 January 2016We dont speak about Wayne Rooney, you have criticised him. I dont - you! [pointing at journalist Neil Custis] You too, fat man!Van Gaal brands a journalist a fat man before walking out of a press conference, 13 January 2016 Lingard seals Cup win Jesse Lingard hit the winner as Man Utd beat Crystal Palace in the cup final To beat Liverpool is always important.ddddddddddddToday it was important because our competitors lost points and when the gap [at the top] is like this we can overturn that. That is what Im thinking.Refusing to rule out a title challenge after victory at Liverpool moves them seven points behind leaders Arsenal, 17 January 2016You cannot say that they are not right. They are right and of course they are disappointed and they have the right to boo me. You know it was not good today. Im very disappointed that I cannot reach the expectations of the fans. They have - or they had - great expectations of me, and I cannot fulfil them, so I am very frustrated because of that.On supporters reaction to a 1-0 home defeat by Southampton, 23 January 2016 The fans have - or they had - great expectations of me, and I cannot fulfil them, so I am very frustrated because of that. Louis van Gaal My wife is at home after returning from the Netherlands and the wine is already open. It is probably the most expensive bottle of wine because I have received that from Ed Woodward. I always get expensive wine when we beat an opponent from the top six and we beat Liverpool. I dont get any wine tonight for beating Derby, I only get it when I beat a club out of the top six in the Premier League!Preparing to celebrate an FA Cup win over Derby, 29 January 2016 The word desire is fantastic. We need desire, hunger and a lot of times I use the word horny to my players.Speaking ahead of Uniteds Europa League last-32 second-leg with Midtjylland. Like you, Juan Mata told laughing reporters when asked how the players responded to such comments from their manager. We react like you do! 24 February 2016 LVG was booed by some United supporters after Manchester Uniteds 3-1 win against Bournemouth. Expectations can be too high. Our purpose was to reach the top three because we wanted to do a bit better than last year. Yes [we have fallen below expectations], but then you have to analyse the circumstances, how I have to work. I am never feeling that I am under pressure. I do what I have to do.LVG concedes his side have failed to meet expectations ahead of a Manchester derby victory, 18 March 2016 Shall I grab your hair? What is your reaction, when I grab your hair? Louis van Gaal When you look at what Huth is doing with Fellaini, thats a penalty. Shall I grab your hair? What is your reaction, when I grab your hair? Your hair is much shorter than Fellaini, but when I do that, what are you doing then? I think thats a normal reaction. You have to first pick Huth, because he was the guy who grabbed the hair of Fellaini. I think the reaction of Fellaini is like a human being.Defending his midfielder Marouane Fellaini after the player attempted to elbow Leicester defender Robert Huth, 2 May 2016I am very arrogant. I am one of the best managers of the world.Insisting his faith in his ability hasnt been shaken by the constant press speculation about his future, 3 May 2016 FA Cup final talking points From Lingards stunner to decisions going against Palace, talking points from Man Utds FA Cup win Of course this is a missed opportunity, you could imagine how thrilled the players and fans and the coach also would have been in this situation. We have to cope with it and at the end we lost 3-2 so we have missed an opportunity.Reflecting on a 3-2 defeat at West Ham, which left Man City needing only a draw to seal a fourth-place finish ahead of United. Of course [I understand the boos], because I have also said that the expectation is very high, especially the fans. They are expecting a lot. But I think these expectations are much too high, and we are a team in transition, and that I have said when I started here. On being booed by United fans after their final Premier League game of the season, 17 May 2016 Van Gaal poses with the FA Cup I show you the cup and I dont discuss that [my future] with my friends in the media, who have already sacked me for six months.In his post-match press conference after winning the FA Cup, Van Gaal refuses to discuss his future as Manchester United manager, as news breaks Jose Mourinhos agent will be discussing a deal with the club in the coming days. No, no - its over.A short response to Sky Sports News HQs James Cooper the day after Manchester Uniteds FA Cup win Van Gaal tells Sky Sports News HQ reporter James Cooper Its over. Also See: LVG leaves Utd LIVE! LVG: Its over ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: anyela
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3854 Themen und 3894 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen