Roma forward Adem Ljajic

in TS-Server 21.10.2019 04:16
von jinshuiqian0713 • 1.130 Beiträge

MONTREAL -- Canadian short-track star Marie-Eve Drolet has shown that she can return to the highest level in her sport even after taking an extended break. Its something she hopes to do again after she has her first child in the New Year. Drolet announced Wednesday that she and husband Corey Crysler are expecting in late January and that shell miss the upcoming speedskating season. The 32-year-old from Saguenay, Que., who won Olympic silver at the Sochi Games, hopes to eventually return to the national team and compete at the 2018 Winter Games in Pyeongchang, South Korea. "Its a big challenge and I like challenges," she said. "It just pushes me in my life to go forward. That would be great if I could do it." Drolet won bronze in the womens relay event at the 2002 Games in Salt Lake City before taking six years off from the sport to study and travel. She took up the sport again in 2008 and quickly got back into it. "You suck at first," she said. "And then you see your evolution super fast. Its kind of fun to see actually and its impressive. I really liked that." Drolet won overall world junior titles in 2000 and 2001 and has won 27 medals in senior international competitions. She has also shown that she can come back from significant injury. Drolet broke her hip at the Olympic trials in August, just six months before the Sochi Games. "It was really hard to come back from that too," she said. "Its two comebacks and I think I now know how to manage myself and how hard it is." Drolet said her pregnancy is going well and she is due in mid-January. She plans to start training again in May. Custom Nike Baseball Jerseys Wholesale . Ferguson told Uniteds in-house TV channel on Saturday that he has no immediate plans to walk away from the game, and that he still hungers for more trophies even after 25 years in charge of the club. Custom Nike Atlanta Braves Jerseys . It was the start of one nice night for the goalie and the Minnesota Wild. Backstrom made 33 saves in his first win of the season and the Wild defeated the Chicago Blackhawks 5-3 on Saturday in a rematch of their first-round playoff series. https://www.customjerseysnikebaseball.co...ed-sox-jerseys/. Nick Young scored 17 points for Los Angeles, which lost five of its last seven before trouncing the Pelicans, who beat them handily last week in New Orleans. Jodie Meeks and Xavier Henry scored 15 points apiece for the Lakers, who led by 20 points in the first half before coasting to their 12th win in their last 13 regular-season meetings with New Orleans. Custom Nike Pittsburgh Pirates Jerseys . 1-9 on TSN. With more than 65 hours of exclusive live coverage, TSN delivers all the action beginning with Draw 1 on Saturday, Feb. 1 at 2 p. Custom Nike New York Mets Jerseys . Cox started the season with San Francisco, but was released by the team on Nov. 12 before being signed by Seattle, where he appeared in two games and tallied three tackles before being released on Dec.BERLIN - Bayern Munich is already through to the second round of the Champions League, and Manchester City is hoping that will help their own chances of advancing.City needs to beat the Bundesliga champions at home on Tuesday to boost its hopes of making it out of the group.A draw would still be enough for the English champions to remain in the competition if CSKA Moscow and Roma also draw at the same time.Here are some things to know about Tuesdays games:___WELL-STOCKED SQUADUnbeaten Bayern is coasting through the season despite a host of injuries that would have seriously disrupted less well-stocked rivals.Bastian Schweinsteigers return from a nagging knee problem is a timely one with Philipp Lahm, Javi Martinez, David Alaba, Thiago Alcantara, Holger Badstuber, Claudio Pizarro and backup goalkeepers Tom Starke and Pepe Reina all injured. Jerome Boateng picked up a knock in Saturdays 4-0 win over Hoffenheim but should recover to face his former side.The injuries have not hampered Bayern so far. Only three goals conceded in 12 Bundesliga games is a club record, and Bayern already holds a seven-point league lead.Weve got lots of injuries but we can still put out a top side, Bayern chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge said.Xabi Alonso has made an immediate impact since joining from Real Madrid, Thomas Mueller is in form and Mario Goetze is displaying his vast potential in his second season at the club.With nothing but pride at stake, Pep Guardiola is likely to field an experimental side against City while conserving energy for more important matches ahead.___CITY HANGING INMan City will take heart from its 3-2 win over Bayern last season, when it ended the German sides Champions League record of 10 straight victories. Again, Bayern was already assured of topping the group and had nothing but pride to play for.City, which came from behind to edge Swansea 2-1 on Saturday, is still looking for its first Champions League win of the campaign and looks like it will exit the competition at the group stage for the third time in four attempts.Were really lucky in the Champions League because with two points and two games left we can still qualify if we win ouur two games, City midfielder Samir Nasri said.dddddddddddd We need a big reaction. We need a huge performance, because a team like us cant go out in the first round of the Champions League. So we have to win this game.Roma and CSKA are both two points ahead of City, which visits Roma for its final group game.___THINKING OF HOENESSBayern hasnt forgotten former president Uli Hoeness, who is serving a 3 1/2-year sentence for tax evasion.Bayern midfielder Franck Ribery told Kicker magazine that he went to visit the 62-year-old Hoeness at the Landsberg am Lech prison in southern Germany.It was the least I could do. It was important for me, because Hoeness is still a person I very much respect, Ribery said. He did a lot for me and you dont forget that.Hoeness publicly supported Ribery when the Frenchman faced charges — of which he was later acquitted — that he had sex with an underage prostitute in 2009.Im very sad. But he made a good impression. I hope hell be out soon, Ribery said.Bayern has said that Hoeness will take a job in the clubs youth department if he secures day parole in January.___LJAJIC IN FORMWith Roma forward Adem Ljajic coming into form, coach Rudi Garcia could consider giving the Serbia international his first Champions League start in Moscow.Ljajic has made two substitute appearances in Europes elite club competition but scored in Romas past two Serie A matches.Hes on another level, said teammate Radja Nainggolan, who scored the other goal in Saturdays 2-1 victory at Atalanta. He just needs consistency and hes working really hard for that.Hes had a lot of criticism and hes always answered on the pitch. He made the difference.Ljajic was punched by his coach at Fiorentina, Delio Rossi, after protesting a substitution in May 2012. Rossi was fired, and the next season, Ljajic scored a career-high 11 goals for Fiorentina but again had problems with his coach, Sinisa Mihajlovic.Since transferring to Roma before last season, Ljajic appears to have settled down.Roma is level on points with CSKA, which it beat 5-1 in its opening match.___Associated Press writer Daniella Matar in Milan, Italy, contributed to this report. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: anyela
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3854 Themen und 3894 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen