get to the Monday after the draft

in Server 29.10.2019 04:51
von Cl11234566 • 405 Beiträge

MIAMI -- When the Miami Marlins went deep into their bench during an eighth-inning rally Thursday, infielder Casey McGehee was told to be on standby as the emergency catcher. He made sure the game didnt come to that. McGehee hit a two-out, two-run single to cap a four-run eighth for the Marlins, who flexed their newfound offensive muscle yet again to beat the Colorado Rockies 8-5. The Marlins scored 27 runs while winning three of four games in the season-opening series. It took them 14 games to score 27 runs last year, when they finished last in the majors in runs and batting and lost 100 games. Newcomer McGehee has led the resurgence, batting .462 with eight RBIs after spending last year in Japan. Giancarlo Stanton, who singled home the go-ahead run with two outs in the eighth, is batting .375 with seven RBIs. "Its definitely different than what were used to," Stanton said. "It has been fun. Were having a good time." They looked like the same old Marlins for much of the afternoon by going 1 for 15 with runners in scoring position before Christian Yelich made the score 5-all in the eighth with a two-out RBI bloop single off Matt Belisle (0-1). Yelich stole second -- with the call confirmed by a replay review -- and Jeff Baker walked. Yelich scored easily when Stanton singled after falling behind 0-2, and McGehee followed with a two-run single. "Was it perfect? No," manager Mike Redmond said. "But we got some big hits when we needed them." The Marlins used two pinch hitters in the inning, which left them without a catcher on the bench. Redmond told McGehee to be ready, mindful he has some experience as a catcher, most recently in 2008 in Triple-A. "I actually kind of want to get back there again, but maybe not in a close game," McGehee said. "Maybe when were up 15." While he might have reservations about donning a mask, he has brought a hard-nose attitude to the once-meek Marlins. He broke up a double play to help score a run and came home from second on a two-out grounder that Marcell Ozuna beat out for a hit. "Thats the kind of style were wanting to play -- aggressive, put pressure on them, kind of the old football mentality of play until the whistle," McGehee said. McGehees teammates love it. "For him to do what hes doing, it wreaks havoc with the pitcher," Stanton said. A.J. Ramos (1-0) pitched a perfect eighth. Steve Cishek followed with a scoreless ninth for his 31st consecutive converted save opportunity, and his second this year. Franklin Morales allowed three runs in 5 1-3 innings for Colorado. Miami starter Jacob Turner gave up five runs in six innings. Miami will remain home this week against San Diego, while the Rockies head to Denver for their home opener Friday against Arizona, hoping to reverse their slow start. "Its definitely not how you write it up," Michael Cuddyer said. "Now weve got to look at the Diamondbacks and win that series and get right back where we need to be." Cuddyer homered and drove in three runs. Last years NL batting champion is hitting .412. NOTES: Two calls were upheld after replay reviews that took 2 1/2 minutes and 75 seconds. ... Troy Tulowitzki tripled in the fifth when Stanton lost his liner in the lights in right field. ... Stanton broke his bat on a lineout in the fifth, and on his follow-through the barrel hit C Wilin Rosario in the back of his helmet. Rosario received a visit from the trainer but stayed in the game. ... With an outdoor temperature of 79 for the afternoon start, the retractable roof was closed for the first time this season, but the windows beyond left field remained open. ... Turner came into the game with an .061 lifetime average but doubled in the fourth. ... RHP Tom Koehler is scheduled to start Friday for the Marlins when they begin a three-game series against the San Diego Padres, who will start LHP Eric Stults. ... RHP Juan Nicasio will start for the Rockies in their home opener Friday against Arizona and RHP Randall Delgado. Cheap Nike Air Max 90 . The Thornhill, Ont., native, who is ranked 11th in the world, said hed hoped he would be ready when Canada begins its World Group first-round tie against Japan in Tokyo on Friday. Nike Air Max 90 Outlet . -- Louisville backup quarterback Reggie Bonnafon ran for two touchdowns and passed for another and the No. https://www.cheapnikeairmax90china.us/. On the day after Billy Horschel posted his 12th straight round in the 60s, won his second straight tournament against a world-class field and picked up an additional $10 million bonus as the FedEx Cup champion, Watson was kicking back in his seat at a Kansas City Royals game. Nike Air Max 90 Sale . I suppose Sternberg has earned the right to speak out since his Rays, despite one of the lowest payrolls in the Majors at $58 million, are entering the final weekend of the regular season holding down the first Wild Card spot in the American League, one game ahead of Cleveland and two up on Texas. Wholesale Nike Air Max 90 .Murray has played 20 matches in five weeks, winning three titles to climb to fifth in the ATP Race.The two-time Grand Slam champion also seeks to qualify for next months ATP World Tour Finals.Murray said: I always wanted to qualify for it, but also I want to get back into the top 8 players in the world and it makes a huge difference for seedings in the major events.TORONTO -- Toronto Blue Jays general manager Alex Anthopoulos said Thursday that hes confident hell have financial flexibility should he need it later in the season. Anthopoulos, who held a media availability before his team opened a four-game series against Kansas City, was asked about an online report by columnist Peter Gammons that quoted him saying the team is "pretty much maxed out" in terms of payroll. "Were at our number to start the year," Anthopoulos explained to reporters. "Thats fair so I dont think it varies from anything else weve ever said." The Blue Jays, who have a payroll of about US$135 million, dont have a locked-in salary ceiling. If a situation presented itself, it appears there would be room to heighten it if needed. Toronto has been one of the surprises of the American League this season, rising to the top of the East division and taking a nine-game winning streak into Thursdays game. Talk of potential upgrades and loading up for a post-season run is already underway in the playoff-starved city even though the season is barely one-third old. Anthopoulos said while its still quite early, he does not expect to be hamstrung when it comes to finances. "I have every confidence that if we have a need come the trade deadline, which is obviously late July, I have every confidence that well have the resources to do that," Anthopoulos said. "I dont have any doubts about that at all." The teams purse strings were in the news last April when reports surfaced that some Toronto players discussed deferring portions of their salary to help land Ervin Santana. The free agent pitcher ended up signing with Atlanta for the same one-year US$14-million deal offered by the Jays. But Anthopoulos stressed that if something came up in the next month or two, he feels the team could take on salary if required. "We may need to be creative, we may needd to do some things," he said.dddddddddddd. "But weve been able to add payroll when needed." One potential upgrade area is the starting rotation, which has improved significantly this season despite Brandon Morrow going on the 60-day disabled list and a variety of pitchers handling the No. 5 spot. Anthopoulos gave credit to his starters and said their performance will be key going forward. "I know the offence has been great, were hitting home runs and all that, its fun to watch," he said. "But we will go as far as the rotation will bring us, there is no doubt about that." The Blue Jays could get an in-house upgrade if Morrow is able to return to form. "Well have more of a report by the end of June," Anthopoulos said. "Hes going to be back around the all-star break and by late June, he should be going out on a rehab assignment. So I think it could actually time well." For now, Anthopoulos is focusing on preparations for next weeks draft. He expects GMs to pick up trade discussions once the selection process is complete. "Were not having any active talks at all," Anthopoulos said. "Were really immersed in the draft right now. But I do expect once that draft is over and we get to the Monday after the draft, I think thats when everyone is going to start making the calls again." The teams play over the next month will determine the GMs next move. But again, Anthopoulos doesnt believe money will be an issue. "I think if were in a good position at the beginning of July, well know the landscape a little bit more with what our needs are," he said. "I have every confidence in the world that I can have that conversation with (president) Paul (Beeston), and Paul has that conversation with ownership. "But one, we need to be playing well at that time and were still very far away from that (date)." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: anyela
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3854 Themen und 3894 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen