Chicago starter not to have

in Server 29.10.2019 04:51
von Cl11234566 • 405 Beiträge

NEW YORK -- Twitter is proving to be one costly website for J.R. Smith. The NBA fined the New York Knicks guard $25,000 on Friday for his exchange with Detroit Pistons guard Brandon Jennings on the social media website. The league said the penalty was for "directing hostile and inappropriate language to another player via his Twitter account." Smiths latest Twitter flap -- he also was fined $25,000 by the NBA last year for a racy tweet -- started Wednesday after Jennings made a critical comment about Smiths little brother, Chris, who also plays for the Knicks. Jennings noted that Chris Smith is in the NBA though Pooh Jeter and Bobby Brown arent. J.R. Smith, saying he is tired of people disrespecting his little brother, responded with a couple of tweets, including one that appeared threatening toward Detroit and was later taken down. "Im always in trouble with Twitter," Smith said before the Knicks 109-106 loss to Houston on Thursday night. "I dont know what it is. Trying to shake it." Smith denied any bad intent, saying he and Jennings have played together in the summer and had a good relationship. He added that he didnt think his tweets were a big deal, but said coach Mike Woodson talked to him about it. Smith said he had stayed off Twitter recently but grew tired of the criticisms of Chris, whose roster spot has been a source of controversy. Chris Smith hasnt proven himself to be an NBA player, and Woodson said during the preseason that being J.R. Smiths brother would be a factor when he decided on his final cuts. Graig Nettles Jersey . New York (16-9-8) took over first place in the Eastern Conference and has the best record in the league with one game remaining. Houstons five-game unbeaten streak was snapped, and the Dynamo (13-11-9) are sixth in the East with one game remaining. Jean Carlos Mejia Jersey . Thaddeus Young scored seven of his 25 points in the fourth quarter, Evan Turner added 22 points, and the 76ers hung on for their first road win since Nov. 1, beating the depleted Los Angeles Lakers 111-104 on Sunday night. https://www.cheapindiansonline.com/2508u...ey-indians.html... maybe even more than that. Maybe all season I have to take a few blows. David Justice Indians Jersey .com) - The Tampa Bay Buccaneers quickly found themselves a new offensive coordinator, and one thats quite familiar with the NFC South. George Hendrick Jersey . -- Pelicans coach Monty Williams does not expect guard Eric Gordon to play in any of New Orleans final five games this season.CHICAGO -- The White Sox gave Erik Johnson plenty of offensive support in the first inning to coast to his first major league victory. Johnson pitched six scoreless innings, and Chicago scored seven runs in the opening frame en route to a 12-1 win over the Minnesota Twins on Monday night. The White Sox, who had lost six straight and 15 of 17, broke out of their hitting funk against Liam Hendriks and the Twins. Chicago scored a season high in runs and posted its biggest margin of victory this year. It was a needed boost for the White Sox after they lost four straight to Cleveland. Chicago manager Robin Ventura even gave credit to the announced 960 dogs who were in the park for the teams Dog Day promotion. "You could say that. Its good, I think, for the lineup to have a night like this with a lot of guys swinging the bats," Ventura said. "If we need dogs to show up every night, well go ahead and make that happen." Johnson (1-2), whose contract was purchased from Triple-A Charlotte on Sept. 3, was the beneficiary of the offence. He had allowed 11 runs -- but only five earned -- in his two losses. Johnson blanked the Twins and gave up only four hits. He struck out eight and walked two. "Its definitely one to remember," Johnson said. "Its one under your belt, so now you can take a deep breath and go back to work. Its nice to have that run support in the first inning." After not having led since beating the Tigers 5-1 a week earlier, the White Sox had six hits in the first. Alejandro De Aza and Alexei Ramirez both reached base twice and scored in the inning. Ramirez went 4 for 4 with his fifth home run and three runs batted in, and was a triple short of the cycle. Adam Dunn, Dayan Viciedo and Jordan Danks also homered. During their skid, the White Sox scored a total of seven runs. They matched that in the first inning and equaled their eighth-inning performance against Detroit on July 9 for most runs scored in a frame this year. It was the White Soxs highest-scoring first inning since they had eight runs against Detroit on April 21, 2002. "Its always nice to get run support like that," Johnson said. "I think for me it was getting that zero in the top of the first. That kind of set the rhythm for me.&quoot; Hendriks (1-3) didnt come close to a clean first inning.dddddddddddd The rout cut off the momentum the Twins generated with a come-from-behind victory over playoff-contending Tampa Bay on Sunday. After rallying from a three-run deficit one day earlier, the Twins were routed. Hendriks struggled badly, extending his winless streak to three starts. He got only two outs against Chicago and gave up seven runs, five hits, and three walks in his 10-batter outing. It marked the first time the Twins allowed that many runs in the first inning since the opening game of a doubleheader against Kansas City on July 28, 1997. "I felt good in the windup. I missed a couple of pitches, got some weak contact, but after that I couldnt get into a rhythm, I couldnt get into a flow. That was embarrassing," Hendriks said. "Thats the only way to put it. Embarrassing, disappointing. I dont know what else to say about that one." Twins manager Ron Gardenhire was certainly ready to move on, too. "We just have to go out and regroup for (Tuesday). Hopefully, our starting pitcher (Mike Pelfrey) will give us a shot and keep us in the ballgame. Tonight was just one of those nights," Gardenhire said. "Their guy threw the ball decent, but we got behind so quickly we couldnt do anything." NOTES: White Sox OF Avisail Garcia wasnt in the lineup for the second straight day. Garcias wife, Anakarina, gave birth to the couples first child, a daughter named Annarella, on Monday. ... Dunn said this has been "another wasted season" because Chicago will miss the playoffs. Dunn has never been in the post-season. ... C Bryan Anderson went 0 for 4 and was the only Chicago starter not to have a hit. ... Twins SS Pedro Florimon was ejected by home plate umpire Alfonso Marquez after the seventh inning. Florimon was still upset about being called out on strikes in the top of the inning (his third strikeout in three at-bats). He said something to Marquez as he left his defensive position at the end of the inning. ... Justin Morneau was announced as Minnesotas nominee for the Roberto Clemente Award, even though he was traded to Pittsburgh at the end of August. ... Pelfrey (5-12, 5.31) will face Chicagos Jose Quintana (7-6, 3.56) on Tuesday. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: anyela
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3854 Themen und 3894 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen