brings with it A LOT of flying. This, for some of our girls, i

in Server 30.10.2019 01:57
von gf1234566 • 192 Beiträge

MIAMI -- Pittsburgh Pirates rookie Gregory Polanco had five hits Friday night, and the last one was the biggest -- and the longest. Playing in his fourth major league game, Polanco broke a tie in the 13th inning with his first homer, helping Pittsburgh to an 8-6 victory over the Miami Marlins after the Pirates had a ninth-inning meltdown. Polanco went 5 for 7, scored three times and made a run-saving catch in right field. "That could have been a coming-out party for him," manager Clint Hurdle said. "Very exciting to watch. I hope we get to watch for a long time." Clint Barmes singled off Mike Dunn (5-4) to start the 13th and advanced on a sacrifice. Polanco homered on a hanging 2-2 slider and smacked his hands as he circled the bases, mindful his mother was in the stands watching him for the first time since he played winter league in his native Dominican Republic. "For sure this is my best game ever -- the first time shes here watching me play," Polanco said. "I was excited and a little emotional. Shes so proud of me, and I know shes feeling excited right now." Jeanmar Gomez (1-2) pitched four scoreless innings after the Pirates blew a 6-2 lead in the ninth when three relievers combined to issue six walks. The Pirates Jeff Locke pitched a career-high eight innings, and the bullpens wildness cost him his first victory since Sept. 12. Miami trailed 6-5 and had runners at first and third with two out in the ninth when Hurdle ordered NL home run and RBI leader Giancarlo Stanton intentionally walked. The strategy backfired when Casey McGehee fell behind 0-2, and then walked against Mark Melancon to tie the game. Melancon struck out Marcell Ozuna to send the game to the 10th. "You rip off the rearview mirror and keep playing," Hurdle said. The Marlins stranded three in the ninth and two in the 12th. "The game was there for the taking at the end," McGehee said. "It was unfortunate we couldnt quite finish it off." Pittsburghs Sterling Marte homered and tied a career high with four hits. Ike Davis added a two-run double, and the top four hitters in the Pirates order went 13 for 27. The Pirates have won seven consecutive series openers, and on Saturday they have a chance to reach .500 for the first time since mid-April. Miamis Nathan Eovaldi pitched as though he was more worried about his wifes delivery than his own, which was understandable. Their first child is due, which left Eovaldis status in doubt until game time, and he allowed 10 hits and six runs in 4 2-3 innings. Stanton hit his 18th home run. Rafael Furcal, making his season debut after being sidelined by injuries since 2012, turned two double plays at second base but went 0 for 6. Locke, making his second start since right-hander Gerrit Cole went on the disabled list, allowed two runs, seven hits and no walks. The left-hander said he was encouraged by his performance. "Its huge," he said. "Anytime you give this team a chance to win, it makes you feel good. Thats what Ive always tried to do through the struggles and the successes. It builds a lot of confidence moving forward." Locke made the NL All-Star team last year but pitched poorly the second half of the season and has spent most of this season in Triple-A. NOTES: Marlins LF Christian Yelich left the game in the second inning with a strained lower back. His status is day to day. ... 2B Michael Martinez made his first start with the Pirates and went 0 for 3. ... Pirates OF Josh Harrison (ankle) was held out of the lineup. ... Former Pirate Garrett Jones pinch-hit in the ninth for Miami and struck out. ... The Pirates Russell Martin was safe at second when the Marlins botched a rundown in the fourth, but the call was reversed following a replay review and he was ruled out. ... Martin made his 1,000th career start at catcher, which ranks fifth among active players. ... RHP Stolmy Pimentel and RHP Vance Worley are candidates to start Sunday for the Pirates in place of LHP Francisco Liriano (left oblique strain). ... LHP Randy Wolf (1-2, 4.15 ERA) is scheduled to start Saturday for Miami against RHP Charlie Morton (3-7, 3.14 ERA). Joey Gallo Jersey .com) - Novak Djokovic easily took care of Andy Murray to reach the final at the $2. Prince Fielder Jersey . Belfort was originally schedule to fight Chris Weidman at UFC 173 on May 24, but a Nevada State Athletic Commission ban on testosterone replacement therapy forced the former light heavyweight champ to withdraw. https://www.cheaprangersbaseball.com/322...angers.html.com) - Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant combined for 51 points and the Oklahoma City Thunder took down the struggling Bucks 114-101 on Tuesday. Ariel Jurado Rangers Jersey . -- Arizona coach Bruce Arians says there "were obviously very, very many problems" with the officiating in the Cardinals 24-21 loss at Philadelphia. Ariel Jurado Jersey .S. Olympic hockey management team have been making what he called "ghost rosters" since August.In her latest World T20 diary entry, England Women’s Tash Farrant discusses the teams dancing, joins a dinner club and gatecrashes some golf awards... Hello again, this time from Delhi!We are well into the thick of things in the Womens World T20 now, having won all three of our warm-up clashes as well as coming out on top in our first group game against Bangladesh - a cheeky 36-run win, thanks largely to a player-of-the-match display from our leader, captain fantastic, Dame Charlotte Edwards. Charlotte Edwards in T20 action for England. Is a Damehood on the way? After the win over Bangladesh we headed to our hotels rooftop bar for a couple of celebratory drinks, particularly as it was also our team managers birthday. It was all very swanky, with a trendy Ibiza-esque vibe and equally trendy DJ who played a lot of Dubstep remixes. The highlight of the evening though was when we persuaded the DJ to play our team song as part of his carefully selected playlist that seemed to just consist of Kygos greatest hits. Safe to say, we absolutely belted it out, with our slightly off harmonies clearing the rooftop. I think an apology to all the hotels guests that night is in order!In addition to some great vocalists, we have a couple of pretty good dancers in the group. Nat Sciver in particular is regarded as a good mover. But have a watch of this video of Danni Wyatt and Dame Lottie to see if you think they too possess any sort of shapes...As a team we have had some cracking meals in the lovely hotels that we are staying in. Nothing quite beats some Chicken Tikka and Dahl Lentils in my eyes. The kind of fine dining you can expect in the England Womens dinner club A few of us have formed a dinner club, which prides itself on being accessible, open, and inclusive, with everyone welcome to join, but repeatedly seems to consist of the same five or six of us every time.dddddddddddd We obviously dont have a reputation of good chat at the dinner table!One of the more comical moments after one dinner club outing was when we somehow found ourselves in the middle of the annual Indian Golf Awards, which were being hosted in our hotel.All we wanted was a bottle of water! But we made the most of the opportunity to be there, taking a couple of snaps in front of various media backdrops, with Heather Knight even practicing her swing… Heather Knight (right) practices her swing as England Women have a night out at the India Golf Awards There were a few more comical moments in the warm-up games, especially in the match against South Africa, when Katherine Brunt started preparing for the practice Super Over before we had even batted… I think the heat may have got to her head a bit.Plus, there was Tammy Beaumonts unusual running between the wickets, which on one occasion ended in a backwards roll and dismount that Beth Tweddle would have been pleased with. Talk about putting your body on the line, literally.We are seeing a lot of India during the tournament, which brings with it A LOT of flying. This, for some of our girls, is certainly not their favourite pastime, #nervousflyers.Its probably not the greatest trait to have as an international cricketer and I have personally drawn the short straw recently, by sitting in front of Danni Hazell. She likes to punch the back of my seat as we land on some fairly bumpy runways.We now move on to the picturesque Dharamshala for our next two group games against India and West Indies. Bring it on.Ill be reporting back after them!Until next time!Fazza (Natasha Farrant, England Womens cricketer) Also See: Womens cricket home Sportswomen Cricket fixtures/results Get Sky Sports ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: anyela
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3854 Themen und 3894 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen