, but he converted from 20 feet at the n

in Server 30.10.2019 06:38
von sakura698 • 600 Beiträge

MINNEAPOLIS - As Joe Mauer walked back to the dugout, the bat in his hand and a sour look on his face, there were boos from the Minnesota crowd. Scarpe Air Max Tavas Scontate . Mauer struck out to end the inning, with a runner on third base in the seventh on Wednesday and the Twins trailing 1-0. Everybody does this, of course, in a sport with a 30 per cent success rate at the plate long proven to be a benchmark of excellence. Failures this year have piled up for Mauer faster than usual for the six-time All-Star, three-time American League batting champion and one-time AL MVP. "Im a heck of a lot more frustrated than they are," Mauer said that night, when asked about those jeering fans. The sound of those boos has been jarring, considering hes the hometown guy from St. Paul with the handsome looks and the hitting skills to build a .321 career batting average, the best among all active players in baseball with at least 3,000 plate appearances. Minnesotans are fiercely proud of and protective of their natives, so Mauer figured to have a lifetime pass in the popularity department here. After signing that $184 million, eight-year contract extension in 2010, though, he has become a more-frequent target of criticism from fans frustrated by the teams struggles the past several years. The 28 home runs he hit in 138 games in 2009 were a one-year wonder. Lingering lower-body injuries limited him to 82 games in 2011. This season, his on-base-plus-slugging percentage was at a career-low .704 entering the weekend series in New York. Mauer is also on pace to blow by his career-high strikeout total of 89 set last year. "I feel pretty good actually, which is even more frustrating," he said. "Im hitting a lot of balls hard and just not having much to show for it. So hopefully that turns here soon." Mauer isnt the only one sputtering with the Twins. The teams batting average with runners in scoring position fell to .214, the second-worst in the league, after losing three of four games to Texas this week. "Were putting together a lot of good at-bats but still not driving people in with runners in scoring position. Thats the main focus, getting guys on, but we cant get them in," second baseman Brian Dozier said. Mauer reluctantly gave up his job as the catcher to better protect himself from another concussion, after missing the final six weeks of last season following a foul tip that hit him in the head. The loss to the Twins of Mauers intelligence and defence behind the plate was supposed to be trumped by an increase in his availability and production at a less-taxing position. He missed five games with back spasms earlier this month, but since then he said he feels fine. The problem has been these paltry totals: nine extra-base hits and 15 RBIs through Thursday. "The expectations are very high for him. People get frustrated. I just dont want Joe to get frustrated. I know he is a little bit right now, because he doesnt have the results he wants. But I dont want to put any more pressure on the guy," manager Ron Gardenhire said. "I just want him to just keep being himself, keep swinging, and hell be fine." ___ Dave Campbell on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/DaveCampbellAP Air Max 720 In Offerta . Braden Calverts Winnipeg rink rallied to defeat Italy 8-7. After giving up three points in the second end, Calvert came back with a single, then stole two more points in the next two ends to tie it up at the fifth-end break. Nike Air Max Saldi Online .ca presents a week long look at some of the teams and stories that will shape the up coming campaign. http://www.airmaxitaliascarpe.it/scarpe-air-max-270-scontate.html . Appearing on TSN 1050 on Tuesday, Sean McAdam of Comcast SportsNet New England reported that the Blue Jays, along with a number of other playoff contenders were in the mix for the Boston ace.MALMO, Sweden - Thailands Thongchai Jaidee quickly won a playoff against Stephen Gallacher of Scotland and Frances Victor Dubuisson to clinch the Nordea Masters on Sunday. Jaidee birdied the par-5 18th at PGA Swedens Lake Course while Gallacher and Dubuisson could only make par. Earlier, the 44-year-old Jaidee hit six birdies and an eagle three on the 11th to finish in 7-under 65 and an overall 16-under 272 for his sixth European title. "I worked hard today," Jaidee said. "I started with three birdies in a row, had another one on six, then a good comeback on 11." He said he was nervous on the last few holes. "The golf course is wide open, you have to hit good golf shots and the weather helped a little bit," he said. Air Max 1 Uomo Zalando. Dubuisson could have avoided the playoff with a birdie on the 18th, but three-putted from just off the green for a 67. Gallacher (68) appeared to be out of the race when he bogeyed at No. 17, but he converted from 20 feet at the next. Second-ranked Henrik Stenson (71) shared the lead with Englands Eddie Pepperell after the third round. The Swede found himself needing an eagle on the last to win his home title for the first time but bogeyed after pushing his second off the green and ended fifth behind Robert-Jan Derksen (65) of the Netherlands. Pepperell (72) went in water at the same hole and finished tied for sixth. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: anyela
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3854 Themen und 3894 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen