while starting at shooting guard for the injured Jamal Crawford.

in Server 04.11.2019 01:48
von gf1234566 • 192 Beiträge

SAN DIEGO -- The major leagues worst offence appears to have woken up. Chase Headley returned to the lineup with a three-run homer and Seth Smith drove in four runs as the San Diego Padres resurgence at the plate continued with a 9-3 win over the Miami Marlins on Saturday night. Headley, who came off the 15-day disabled list before the game, connected on a 2-2 fastball from Carlos Marmol (0-3) to cap a four-run sixth inning and give the Padres a 6-2 lead. "Its huge to have a couple of wins where youre not stressed about it," Smith said. "You get some runs early, the pitchers are doing well. Just mentally you can kind of cruise to the end. Its huge for your psyche, just for your mental state." San Diego, which came in averaging a major league-low 2.8 runs per game, was coming off a 10-1 win over Miami on Friday, its highest scoring output since Sept. 25. Smith hit a solo homer, a two-run double and an RBI triple for the Padres, who matched Friday nights total of 13 hits. Another thing that was good for the Padres mental state was the return of Headley, back after recovering from a strained right calf. "Its awesome," Headley said. "It really felt like I was swinging at the pitches that I wanted to early in the game. I put together a bunch of good at-bats to lead up to it (homer). It felt great." The 19 combined runs were the most San Diego scored in consecutive games since Sept. 5-6, 2012. "Those two guys hitting right there in the middle of the lineup was production at its finest," Padres manager Bud Black said. Smith has been one of the few Padres who has consistently hit this season. Since May 3, the lefty is batting .577 (15 for 26) with six doubles, three triples, a home run and six RBIs. "Guys are starting to settle down a little bit and have some good at-bats," Headley said. "When you do that as a club, it puts pressure on the pitcher." With the score tied at 2, Marmol relieved Nathan Eovaldi in the sixth and got two quick outs. But Everth Cabrera reached on an infield bunt, stole second and went to third on catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchias throwing error. Marmol intentionally walked Smith, who had an RBI triple in the first and hit a solo homer in the third. Jedd Gyorko followed with an RBI single. Headley was hitless in two at-bats with a walk when he pulled Marmols 93 mph fastball down the right field line. The ball went just inside the foul pole for his third homer. "I feel like my swing is in a better place than where it was when I went on the DL," Headley said. "Thats Chase," Smith said. "Hes going to do things for us, as long as he is healthy and in the lineup. It definitely makes our lineup deeper." Marlins manager Mike Redmond said the club was going to designate Marmol for assignment. "Its been a struggle for him," Redmond said. "Weve tried to keep getting him in there in different situations and it just hasnt worked." Marmol has an 8.10 ERA, having allowed 12 runs on 16 hits over 13 1-3 innings. "I didnt work out," Marmol said. "You got to get people out here. Its tough. Theres not much to say. I tried my best on the mound and it didnt work out." Casey McGehee hit a two-run homer in the first inning for the Marlins, whose road record dropped to 3-12, worst in the majors. Eric Stults (2-3) allowed two runs on six hits over six innings. The switch-hitting Headley came into the game batting just .186 with two home runs and seven RBIs in 70 at-bats. He was one of four San Diego regulars hitting below .200. NOTES: The Padres have scored just 10 runs while Stults was in the game in his eight starts. . The Marlins came into the game with an 8-2 record against left-handed starters, tops in the majors. . Padres RHP Hector Ambriz, designated for assignment on Thursday, cleared waivers and was outrighted to Triple-A El Paso on Saturday. . Marlins RHP Henderson Alvarez (2-2, 2.62 ERA) faces Padres LHP Robbie Erlin (1-4, 4.95) in Sundays finale. White Air Max 2018 On Sale . According to the Globe and Mail, a decision between the NHL and the Players Association should come within the six months. "I can tell you, (a decision) shouldnt take all that long," NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly told the Globe and Mail. Cheap Air Max 2018 China .com) - Manchester City will face a steep test in the Champions League knockout stage as the English champions were drawn with Barcelona on Monday. http://www.wholesaleairmaxsale.com/. The (14-15-5) Jets are seventh in the Central Division with 33 points. They trail sixth place Nashville and fifth place Dallas by two points. Wholesale Air Max 2018 Free Shipping . It was the most lopsided loss in Lakers history. Darren Collison had a team-high 24 points while starting at shooting guard for the injured Jamal Crawford. Chris Paul added 13 points and 11 assists for the Clippers, who apparently are trying to make up for decades of humiliation at the hands of the Lakers all in one season; theyve won the last two meetings by a combined 84 points. Cheap Air Max 2018 Sale . After Andrew Romine served up two monster home runs in the inning, Tigers manager Brad Ausmus said he thought Romine was one of the bright spots on the night, showing just how bad the series opener against the last-place Minnesota Twins went for the Tigers.SAN ANTONIO -- San Antonio centre Tiago Splitter will miss three to five weeks after spraining his right shoulder against the Clippers. The Spurs say Splitter had an MRI on Sunday. Splitter was hurt Saturday night in the fourth quarter of a 116-92 win..ddddddddddddHe had a season-high 22 points before getting injured charging into Ryan Hollins chest. The Spurs visit Memphis on Tuesday night. The 6-foot-11 Splitter is averaging 8.6 points and 6.2 rebounds in 21.2 minutes this season. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: anyela
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3854 Themen und 3894 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen