gery, so were taking a flier. A low risk. If we c

in Server 04.11.2019 01:51
von gf1234566 • 192 Beiträge

Michael Atherton insists Alastair Cook and Joe Root will be key to Englands chances of beating Pakistan and winning the first Test on day four at Lords. Pakistan reached stumps on day three on 214-8 in their second innings to build a commanding lead of 281 after bowling England out for 272 earlier in the day.England still have two wickets to pick up before they can even start thinking of batting, but Atherton says Cook and Root are key to setting up a match-winning chase at Lords. The game is in the balance, Atherton told Sky Sports. Its been a brilliant Test match so far and if I was Pakistans captain with about 300 on the board and that attack, Id be reasonably confident of defending because its a wicket-taking attack.However, England have got some excellent players and a lot will rest on Cook and Root. Cook plays the ball between Azhar Ali and Younus Khan If they go early England have got little chance of chasing 300 but if they set it up we could be in for a cracking Test match.Its a perfectly good pitch, he added. The odd ball has kept a little low and there will be some spin for Yasir Shah, but its not a minefield by any stretch of the imagination. Watch a pick of the action from the third day of the first Test between England and Pakistan England all-rounder Chris Woakes was once again key to Englands success on day three, taking 5-31 to take 10 wickets in a Test match for the first time in his career.Captain Cook turned to Woakes late in the day and he grabbed the wickets of Sarfraz Ahmed and Wahab Riaz to help limit Pakistans lead. Chris Woakes took 10 wickets for the first time in a Test Atherton was full of praise for the Warwickshire all-rounder after the close of play on day three.Hes just full of confidence at the moment, Atherton said. He came back in for the Durham Test match just after hed taken nine wickets in an innings for Warwickshire. Pakistan closed day three of the first Test 281 ahead despite Chris Woakes maiden 10-wicket match haul Before that Test we did a piece as to why he hadnt been a success in Test cricket and it was very hard to come up with any reasons why because we recognised he had a very solid action, he was bowling as quickly as anybody in the team, he bowls an excellent line and gets enough lateral movement in the air and off the pitch.It was just a case of a matter of time and also stringing together a number of games so he could feel confident and part of the team.He is part of it now and looks strong, fit and confident.Watch highlights of day threes play and The Verdict on the red button on Sky Sports 2 on Saturday at 8pm and 9pm respectively. Also See: Woakes limits Pakistans lead WATCH: Stokes bowling return Story of Day Three The Saturday Debat Cheap Air Max China .com) - Fair Grounds commences its road to the Kentucky Derby Saturday with the 71st running of the $200,000 Lecomte Stakes. Discount Air Max . Its Wu-Tang and Outkast in the final. Now, we all know youve played the role of Andre 3000 in the past, does that mean Outkast is getting your vote?AJ: You know it, you know it. http://www.cheapairmaxshoesfreeshipping.com/. Brandon Morrow allowed five runs on six hits over three innings. He struck out two, walked one and hit a batter. Edwin Encarnacion had a two-out, bases loaded two-RBI double in the third inning. Cheap Air Max Outlet . They all do actually — Joel-Hans Embiid (@JoelEmbiid) July 22, 2014There is no confirmation that the date is actually happening, but that didnt stop Embiid from getting dressed up. Fresh cut..... Getting ready for dinner http://t.co/NNIfKyZQzx — Joel-Hans Embiid (@JoelEmbiid) July 23, 2014 Almost 930.. Cheap Air Max Authentic . Defensive end Jadeveon Clowney, the Houston Texans No. 1 pick in the draft, was on the field Tuesday for the first time with former NFL Defensive Player of the Year J.TAMPA, Fla. -- Outfielder Brett Gardner and the New York Yankees have agreed to a contract that adds $52 million in guaranteed money from 2015-18. The deal announced Sunday includes a team option for for 2019 that if exercised would make the new money $62.5 million over five seasons. "It shows the level of confidence, belief and trust, and the type of player and person he is," Yankees general manager Brian Cashman said. "Were excited to know that hes going to be a part of this team going forward. Were a better team with Gardy on it, thats the bottom line. This is a good day for him, and we believe it makes the future for us better." Gardner agreed last month to a $5.6 million, one-year contract and would have been eligible for free agency after the 2014 season. The new deal adds a $2 million signing bonus payable next January and salaries of $12 million in 2015, $13 million in 2016, $12 million in 2017 and $11 million in 2018. The Yankees have a $12.5 million option for 2019 with a $2 million buyout. Gardner would receive an additional $1 million payment if hes traded, a provision he can earn only once. "Free agency is something that, it kind of intrigued me, but it also kind of scared me," Gardner said. "Ive never been anywhere else. I love it here. I love putting on the pinstripes everyday." Cashman said talks about the contract started at the winter meetings in December. The Yankees are moving Gardner to left field this year after signing free agent centre fielder Jacoby Ellsbury to a $153 million, seven-year contract in December. Gardner did have questions in his mind about his Yankees future after the Ellsbury acquisition. "When they signed Jaacoby, your name gets thrown out in the trade rumours and all that," Gardner said.dddddddddddd "Its kind of annoying, really. I didnt want to get traded. I dont want to go anywhere else, and I let them know that." The 30-year-old Gardner hit .273 last year with eight home runs, 52 RBIs and 24 stolen bases. "I like what he brings," Cashman said. "The speed dynamic, the defence, and I think the offence is there as well." Also, the Yankees agreed to a minor league contract with injured closer Andrew Bailey, who was with Boston last year and is coming back from right shoulder surgery last July. Cashman said the right-hander might be able to join the team in August or September. "When he is healthy, hes an exceptional reliever," Cashman said. "Hes coming off of a shoulder surgery, so were taking a flier. A low risk. If we can get a reward out of it, great. If not, its one of those nothing ventured, nothing gained." NOTES: Yankees manager Joe Girardi attended a meeting with MLB officials Joe Torre and Tony La Russa Saturday on topics including instant replay. Girardi said the Yankees first instant replay test game will be March 6 against Philadelphia in Clearwater. "It opens up us to more to have to answer for, but I think it gives our game the opportunity to have more things decided on the field, which I think is a good thing," Girardi said. The Yankees plan to work on replay situations throughout spring training even if its not a test game. "Well probably practice with walkie talkies," Girardi said. ... New York OF Alfonso Soriano missed his fourth day due to the flu, but could do a light workout Monday. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: anyela
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3854 Themen und 3894 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen