start since arriving in an Aug. 8 trade with Philadelphia, has a 2.87 ERA and a .189 opponents batting average in his last eight

in Server 05.11.2019 01:53
von gf1234566 • 192 Beiträge

VANCOUVER -- Kekuta Manneh made his limited minutes count Saturday. The second-half substitutes goal in the 86th minute gave the Vancouver Whitecaps a 2-2 draw with the Los Angeles Galaxy on Saturday before a sellout crowd of 21,000 at B.C. Place Stadium. "It means a lot to me," said Manneh, who came on at the start of the second half. "Thats what Im always looking to do, whether I start come off the bench -- make an impact for the team. "Today, for me to do that, it definitely means a lot." Manneh, a 19-year-old Gambian who is in his second season with the Whitecaps, fired in a shot from just outside the top of the Galaxy 18-yard box after taking a pass from Darren Mattocks. Following the goal, Manneh knelt and kissed the turf. In addition to setting up the tying marker, Mattocks scored Vancouvers other goal as the Whitecaps overcame 1-0 and 2-1 deficits. Stefan Ishizaki, in the first half, and Robbie Keane, in the second, scored for Los Angeles. The Whitecaps improved to 2-2-3, earning a point after two straight losses. "Ive said all along weve got good players all through the squad," said Whitecaps striker Kenny Miller. "Any can come off the bench and make an impact. And, obviously, today youve seen that. It gives you that (pace.) We (forwards) are in behind and it makes defenders drop off more (deeply) and, ultimately, thats what led to (Mannehs) goal. "There was a little bit of pace involved in that. It was a little bit of skill and a fantastic strike." The hosts rally prevented the Galaxy (2-1-2) from sweeping a back-to-back series with Vancouver after winning at home the previous weekend. "Im disappointed," said L.A. coach Bruce Arena. "I would have liked to get three points today. We obviously didnt do a good job protecting the lead." Miller was disappointed with his clubs first half effort, but was encouraged that the Caps created more chances than they did in Carson, Calif. It was the 10th all-time MLS meeting between the teams. The Whitecaps still have only one win against the Galaxy, which has claimed two of the past three MLS titles. But Vancouver coach Carl Robinson liked the way his club rallied from being "kicked in the backside" twice -- by trailing. "In the last two games, weve shown that we can compete with one of the top teams in Major League Soccer," said Robinson, who feels the Caps have lack confidence against elite competition. "We made it hard work. I dont think, in the first half, we had the belief that we could go toe-to-toe with them at home in front of our fans, and I think we were playing safe. "Obviously, then I made a tactical switch to try to inject a bit of life with the kid coming on, (Manneh), who I toyed with the idea of play with from the start." Ishizaki put the Galaxy on the scoreboard in the 38th minute as he and Baggio Husidic used their heads to score. Ishizaki jumped high to head in Husidics header into the centre of the box from the left side of the area. In addition to inserting Manneh for Canadian international midfielder Russell Teibert of Niagara Falls, Ont., Robinson also replaced central defender Andy OBrien with Johnny Leveron in central defence. OBrien had taken a yellow card in the first minute for a hard sliding tackle on Keane, so Robinson switched the defenders because he wanted to avoid a repeat of the Caps last game at home. On April 5, defensive midfielder Matias Laba was ejected for a second yellow card and the Colorado Rapids overcame a 1-0 deficit to win. "I took (OBrien) off just because I was worried about him getting sent off," said Robinson. In the 65th minute, Robinson tried to inject more speed by substituting Morales for Erik Hurtado and putting him out wide on the right wing. Two minutes later, with Hurtado part of the rush, Mattocks created a 1-1 tie as he ran onto Gershon Koffies long, curling lead ball along the right flank. Penedo beat him to it, but could not control the ball and it bounced off the goalkeeper and a defender back to Mattocks. Mattocks then put in a right-footed spinner from a seemingly impossible angle near the goal-line. "I didnt even look at the (net), to be honest," said Mattocks. "As a striker, you have to know where the goal is." Keane gave L.A. a 2-1 lead 10 minutes later as he fielded a header from second-half substitute Rob Friend, a Kelowna, B.C., native, and then volleyed a shot past Ousted from the goalkeepers doorstep. But just when it looked like Keane would be the winning-goal scorer for the second straight week, Manneh emerged the hero. He offered more fodder in the debate about his playing time after being used primarily as a substitute. "Im a little disappointed that Im not starting (every game), but Im pretty happy with my role," said Manneh, who started the first game against L.A. Both clubs goalkeepers made saves in the closing minute to secure the draw. Ousted made his 20th consecutive start dating back to last season -- a day after his wife gave birth to twin boys. "He was fantastic after, especially, one or two sleepless nights," said Robinson. Notes: Laba played the full game in his return from suspension for the ejection against Colorado. a Keane and OBrien were teammates while playing for the Republic of Ireland. OBrien was born in England but holds dual English-Irish citizenship. a Whitecaps midfielder Mehdi Ballouchy has resumed full-contact workouts after suffering a season-ending torn knee ligament, which required surgery, while playing for San Jose in 2013. a Striker Omar Salgado, Vancouvers first-ever draft pick, who is on loan to Charleston Battery of the USL, is sidelined with a sprained foot suffered March 29, but has resumed partial training. Salgado missed most of the past two seasons with foot fractures sustained on different occasions while playing for the U.S. under-20 team. a Friend, 33, played before about 25 family members and friends. He is in his first and last season in MLS after playing in Germany, the Netherlands and Norway. He plans to retire after the season. a Vancouver midfielder Nigel Reo-Coker was an unused substitute and has yet to play since suffering a concussion in a freak off-field mishap with a bike rack. Womens Nike Air Max 2018 . The team also announced Tuesday that the Braves will wear a commemorative patch on the right sleeve during the season. The patch, shaped like home plate, carries the number 715, Aarons autograph and a "40th Anniversary" banner. Cheap Nike Air Max 2018 . Bilbaos first victory in four rounds lifted it four points clear of Real Sociedad and kept it in command of Spains last Champions League berth for next season. In contrast, Betis was left 11 points from safety after a dismal performance that at times bordered on self-destruction amid some questionable refereeing decisions. http://www.cheapairmaxshoessale.com/.com) - The Milwaukee Bucks will try to get another win on this homestand Thursday night when they welcome the Utah Jazz to the Bradley Center. Wholesale Nike Air Max 2018 . Ive said it before, Ive worked with top pros and I could have made my own program. Nike Air Max 2018 . Calgary finished atop the CFL standings with a 14-4 record and earned the right to host the West Division final at McMahon Stadium on Nov.ATLANTA -- The Atlanta Braves needed six tries to beat the Los Angeles Dodgers this season. Justin Upton thinks the Braves took too long. "Weve battled them hard and weve let some games get away late," Upton said. "Its nice to get a win. We had to work for this one, so it was nice to see." Ervin Santana won his sixth straight start at Turner Field, Upton drove in the go-ahead run in the fifth inning and the Atlanta Braves snapped a two-game skid with a 3-2 victory over the Los Angeles Dodgers on Wednesday night. Andrelton Simmons returned to the lineup after missing six games with a sprained left ankle and had two RBIs for the Braves, who had lost 11 of 13. Hyun-Jin Ryu (13-6) left the game with a right gluteus muscle injury after allowing six hits and three runs with two walks and seven strikeouts in 5 2-3 innings. "I dont think its something serious right now," Ryu said through a translator. "Its not like my arm blew out. I think I can jump right back on the mound. I just want to be cautious of it as well." The victory allowed second-place Atlanta to stay five games behind Washington in the NL East. Los Angeles, which leads San Francisco by five games in the NL West, was trying to earn a sixth straight win over the Braves for the first time since Sept. 20, 1987-April 16, 1988. Santana (12-6) improved to 5-0 with a 2.70 ERA in his last six starts overall, giving up eight hits, two runs and two walks with nine strikeouts in six innings. The right-hander improved to 8-2 with a 3.48 ERA at Turner Field this year. Atlanta closer Craig Kimbrel got the last three outs to earn his 35th save in 39 chances. He walked the first batter he faced, pinch-hitter Andre Either, and the next batter, Dee Gordon, reached on a bunt single. Kimbrel struck out Yasiel Puig for the first out and gave up a single to Adrian Gonzalez to load the bases before Matt Kemp grounded into a double play to end the game. "The moment doesnt get away from him," Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez said of Kimbrel. ";He has the maturity of being in situations closing big games, but he doesnt get rattled a lot.dddddddddddd" The Dodgers took a 2-0 lead in the second on RBI singles by Carl Crawford and Miguel Rojas. The Braves cut the lead to 2-1 in their half of the second when Evan Gattis doubled, moved to third on a bunt and scored on Simmons RBI groundout. Chris Johnson, who was hitting .434 against left-handers this season, decided on his own to move over Gattis with a rare sacrifice against Ryu. "Whatever it takes to win ballgames, whatever it takes to runs, weve got to do that," Johnson said. "We cant sit on our ego or anything like that. If I have to bunt, I have to bunt." Simmons bloop RBI single in the fourth tied the score 2-2. Atlanta went up in the fifth. Jason Heyward, batting leadoff for the first time since June 17, singled, advanced when Freeman was hit by a pitch and scored from second on Uptons RBI single. Puig went 0 for 4 with four strikeouts and one walk. TRAINERS ROOM Dodgers: Ryu grabbed the back of his top right leg after as he stood in front of the mound after walking B.J. Upton in the sixth and motioned for a trainer. He walked off the field under his own power. The Dodgers are listing him as day to day. Braves: Simmons, who went 1 for 4, appeared to run and field with no ill effects after missing the last six games with a sprained left ankle. UP NEXT Dodgers: RHP Roberto Hernandez (6-8) will make his second start since arriving in an Aug. 8 trade with Philadelphia, has a 2.87 ERA and a .189 opponents batting average in his last eight games. Braves: RHP Aaron Harang (9-6) didnt receive a decision in his last five starts despite a 2.81 ERA. SMILES IN THE USA: Atlanta bullpen coach Eddie Perez, a native of Venezuela, said before the game that he took a U.S. oath of naturalization in the morning with his family in attendance. Perez, the 1999 NLCS MVP and a Braves coach since 2005, was shown on the video board before the start of the fourth inning and waved to the cheering crowd. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: anyela
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3854 Themen und 3894 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen