e who can turn the game around in an instant with his type of shot."

in Server 05.11.2019 01:58
von gf1234566 • 192 Beiträge

BALTIMORE -- These Oakland Athletics, they wont back down. Not when confronted by an angry opponent, not when theyre dodging inside fastballs and definitely not when trailing late in the game. Pinch-hitter Stephen Vogt singled in the tiebreaking run in the 11th inning, and the Athletics got home runs from Josh Donaldson and Derek Norris in a 4-3 victory over the Baltimore Orioles on Friday night. It was the sixth win in seven games for the Athletics, who own the best record in the AL (38-23) and the best road record in the majors (21-11). In the third inning, Donaldson tagged Manny Machado in the chest near third base for the third out, causing Machado to lose his balance and topple backward. Machado quickly stood up and yelled close-up at Donaldson, apparently questioning the force of the tag, and players from both sides crowded around the duo before Orioles manager Buck Showalter pulled Machado away. "I just tried to tag the guy. I was walking over there to go pick his helmet up for him, then he jumps up and starts yelling at me," Donaldson said. "I dont know what happened on his end, but Im just trying to do my job and play the game of baseball." Machado said: "Right play, he made the right play, but I just didnt agree on the tag that he made on me and I just had to get up and confront him. You get in the heat of the moment and things start flying." That appeared to be the end of it, but with two outs and nobody on in the sixth inning, Orioles starter Wei-Yin Chen threw an inside pitch near Donaldsons chin. After retreating from the batters box, Donaldson smiled knowingly. But he expressed anger minutes later, when Chen hit him with another inside fastball. "I understand them pitching in. Thats fine," Donaldson said. "It was just on my hand. (Baltimores) Nellie Cruz took one on the hand just the other day, and he doesnt seem too fond of that either." In the eighth, though, the As trailed 3-2. Pinch-hitter Coco Crisp drew a walk from Darren ODay, stole second and scored on a two-out single by Yoenis Cespedes. That led to Oaklands eighth win this season when trailing after seven innings. "We dont give up until that last out is made," Oakland starter Tommy Milone said. "You see if in the last few games, it seems like were always in every game, and we find ways to win." John Jaso led off the 11th with a pinch-hit double off Evan Meek (0-2). With one out, Gold Glove shortstop J.J. Hardy botched a grounder, his fourth error in two games. Meek went to third on the play and scored when Vogt hit a liner to left. Fernando Abad (1-2) worked the 10th and Sean Doolittle got three outs for his eighth save. The Orioles missed a chance to win it in the 10th when Nick Markakis was thrown out at the plate by Moss on Adam Jones one-out single to right. Cruz was then cut down trying to steal home. "Saw it, felt it, went for it, didnt work out," Baltimore manager Buck Showalter said. Prior to that, Chen retired 10 straight batters. Chen gave up two runs -- both on homers -- in 6 1-3 innings. Milone allowed three runs and eight hits in six innings. Donaldson put the As up 1-0 in the first with his 17th home run, and Norris connected leading off the second. Baltimore used three straight two-out singles, the last by rookie Jonathan Schoop, to get a run back in the bottom of the second. Chris Davis tied it in the fourth with an opposite-field drive to left, and Machado homered in the fifth for a 3-2 lead. NOTES: The Orioles put RHP Miguel Gonzalez (strained right oblique) on the 15-day DL, recalled RHP Tim Berry from Double-A Bowie, purchased the contract of Meek from Triple-A Norfolk and optioned RHP Preston Guilmet to the same club. ... Kevin Gausman replaced Gonzalez as Baltimores starter vs. Oakland on Saturday. The As will call upon right-hander Sonny Gray (6-1, 2.45 ERA). ... Former Orioles closer Jim Johnson returned to Baltimore for the first time since being traded during the off-season. "A lot of memories. Its obviously different going into a different clubhouse. Its cool," Johnson said. ... Oakland has homered in 14 straight games. ... LHP Johan Santana, who hoped to make a comeback with the Orioles, tore his Achilles tendon in extended spring training and is lost for the year. Cheap Nike Air Vapormax China .com) - Baltimore Ravens head coach John Harbaugh called Joe Flacco the NFLs best quarterback last week. Nike Air Vapormax Outlet . Alvarez hit his first career home run, pitched six innings and hurt his right hamstring while running the bases in the Miami Marlins 4-3 win over the Chicago Cubs. http://www.cheapairvapormaxsale.com/.D. Martinezs ninth-inning sacrifice fly scored Torii Hunter with the winning run and the Detroit Tigers beat the Minnesota Twins 4-3 Sunday. White Nike Air Vapormax . Ilonen birdied five of his closing seven holes in superb scoring conditions to end the day with a two-shot lead on the Fota Island course. Ilonen had just 26 putts on the occasion of his 300th European Tour event. Womens Nike Air Vapormax . Parmelee hit a game-ending shot in the ninth inning and the Minnesota Twins overcame David Ortizs big night to beat the Boston Red Sox 8-6 on Tuesday.(NLL) - The Edmonton Rush re-signed three key veterans on Tuesday, including restricted free agent defenceman Ryan Dilks, who had been signed to an offer sheet from the Buffalo Bandits. The Rush had a 72-hour window to match the offer made to Dilks by the Bandits, and the team chose to waste little time in matching a four-year deal to the Hamilton, Ontario, product. Dilks has played the last two seasons in Edmonton and in 2013 collected 10 points including one shorthanded goal, 59 loose balls and 13 forced turnovers. The Rush also agreed to terms on new two-year deals for goaltender Aaron Bold and hard-shooting forward Zack Greer. "We are very pleased to have Ryan returning to us as he is blossoming into one of our best defensemen – as evidenced by another team trying to bring him into their mix," said Rush general manager and head coach Derek Keenan. "Its very important that we retain the talent weve developed and continue to build around the core group which Ryan is certainly a part of. "Im also extremeely happy to have both Aaron and Zack under new multi-year deals.ddddddddddddAaron can definitely be a standout goalie in this league, and Zack is the kind of shooter that every team covets – someone who can turn the game around in an instant with his type of shot." Bold had a strong 2013 campaign for the Rush, finishing the season with an 8-5 record, tying him for third amongst NLL goaltenders in wins along with a career-high in victories. The Victoria, B.C., native also managed a stellar 10.56 goals-against average – good enough for second in the league – to go with 439 saves and a .744 save-percentage. Greer has become one of the NLLs pre-eminent sharpshooters and one of the Rushs top contributors on the offensive attack. Hailing from Whitby, Ontario, Greer finished last season tied for second on the Rush with 28 goals including a team-leading seven power-play markers. Greer ended 2013 tied for second in the league with four game-winning goals, and placed fourth on the Rush with 53 points. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: anyela
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3854 Themen und 3894 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen