rowd. "It was a really special moment and one that I will always remember," Ibanez said. "Im always going to appreciate the fans

in Server 06.11.2019 01:46
von gf1234566 • 192 Beiträge

TORONTO - Several of the Phoenix Suns were sitting courtside after shootaround Monday morning at the Air Canada Centre. They leaned back in their chairs, and lazily kicked off their shoes. Tyler Ennis walked by and scooped up each one, depositing the giant-sized sneakers in a nearby equipment bag.He picks up shoes, he wears a pink Disney Princess backpack, he brings the team soap — its all part of the life as an NBA rookie.Unfortunately for Ennis, being a rookie has also meant going from averaging 35 minutes a night in college to zero minutes most nights with the point-guard-heavy Suns.The 19-year-old from Brampton, Ont., who was back in Toronto for the Suns game Monday night against the Raptors, remains patient and optimistic. If hes not sweating on the court during games, hes doing it in the gym.I work out a lot as far as game days. I always try to stay in shape, Ennis said. You never know what happens, one day you could not be playing, the next day you could be in the rotation. So as far as staying in shape, I always want to be ready, regardless of how much I played the day before.Ennis is part of a bumper crop of talented young Canadian players, and one of three Canadians drafted in the first round last summer. He went 18th overall to Phoenix, while fellow Canadians Andrew Wiggins and Nik Stauskas went first and eighth, respectively.There were rumblings Ennis would end up in Toronto, with reports the Raptors were keen on the Syracuse point guard. But the Suns picked two spots before Toronto, and with Ennis off the board, the Raptors took Bruno Caboclo.The Suns already had starters Goran Dragic and then signed Isaiah Thomas from Sacramento in the off-season. Ennis has been the odd man out, playing a total of 18 minutes in two games so far.I think Tyler is doing great, said Suns coach Jeff Hornacek. Unfortunately for us, weve got those three point guards on the team. But hes going to be a great player in the league, he really sees the floor well. Of all the guys on our team, hes probably the one guy who can go out there, and hell call a play, he sees whats going on out there and hell get guys into a certain play that he thinks might work.For a young guy coming out of college. . . its big. Hes making great strides and hes going to do fine in this league.Ennis did see significant playing time when the Suns sent him down to the Bakersfield Jam — their D-League franchise — for two games. He totalled 44 points, and 15 assists. The Suns recalled him for this six-game road trip, which brought the Canadian back to the Air Canada Centre, where he grew up watching the Raptors. You dont get to see this side of it being a fan, Ennis said. So its good to just get back into the city, see my friends, family, and being able to be on the other side, (not) with the fans, but being in the (players) seats this time.Ennis estimated he went to probably 10 to 15 Raptors games as a kid, during stretches when either Vince Carter or Chris Bosh were with Toronto.When asked if Toronto was his team growing up, Ennis came clean. Um. . . you know what? They werent that good growing up, he said, laughing. Theyve had their good years and bad years, and Ive been watching since.He watches the Raptors — who boasted the best record in the Eastern Conference (11-2) going into Mondays game — from afar now.Theyve been playing well, as far as their record and everything theyre doing, he said. I know the city is behind them especially after last years playoff run. I watch a lot of basketball so I watch their games, especially games with other Canadians too, so Ive been able to catch a few of the Raptors games.Ennis said the biggest adjustment to life as an NBA player is the travel schedule. The Suns arrived in Toronto to play the finale of their six-game road trip.You know theres 82 games, but just how much you travel, and how often the games are. . . ., Ennis said. College, you got a little taste of it, but as far as practices, you dont really practise that long, or that much. So a lot of it is staying in shape when youre not playing as much, or making sure you get in the weight room is kind of on yourself. Thats being a professional.So thats different coming from college, when you have set times, be in the weight room at this time. . . you have to take it upon yourself to do that.As for his added rookie duties, Ennis said he doesnt mind. Yeah, every shootaround weve got to go get the shoes. We have a few rookie duties. . . Carry the Princess bag. Carry soap. Little things like that, he said. Theyre nice guys, and they look out for us all the time, so its not a big deal when they ask us to do little things. Cheap Nike Basketball Jerseys . -- The top-seeded Alberta Pandas set up of an all-Canada West final against arch rival UBC at the CIS womens volleyball championship after a 3-0 win over the No. Fake NBA Jerseys . The Wizards gave up two seldom-used players — forward Jan Vesely and point guard Eric Maynor. Vesely goes to the Nuggets, while Maynor gets shipped to the 76ers. Philadelphia receives two second-round draft picks, one from the Wizards in 2015 and one from the Nuggets in 2016. https://www.nbachinajerseys.us/. - Gary Kubiak is John Elways No. NBA Jerseys Outlet . A question that was repeatedly posed last season, and the season before that and in the 2011 campaign before that. Wholesale NBA Jerseys . Pretty good hitting, too. Dan Haren pitched six innings and sparked the go-ahead rally with a single, leading Los Angeles to another win over the skidding Atlanta Braves, 4-2 on Tuesday night.SEATTLE -- Sonny Grays tuneup for his first stint in the post-season went as Oakland manager Bob Melvin hoped. But it came with no guarantees that Gray will be in the Athletics rotation for the AL Division Series against Detroit, at least until its officially announced. "You can make your own assumptions," Melvin said. "I really dont want to say anything right now until we have it all decided and that probably happens at some point in time tomorrow." Grey threw five shutout innings, Oakland had a pair of four-run innings and the Athletics closed out the regular season with a 9-0 win over Seattle in Eric Wedges final game as Mariners manager. The As now turn their attention to the ALDS against Detroit that will begin Friday in Oakland, while Seattle enters the off-season with another managerial search on the docket. Oakland is likely to start 18-game winner Bartolo Colon in Game 1 and from there they have a multitude of options. Theres Jarrod Parker (12-8), Gray (5-3), Tommy Milone (12-9), Dan Straily (10-8) and A.J. Griffin (14-10) all serving as options that Melvin can use to fill out his rotation for the remainder of the series. "It would be nice. Hopefully Im fortunate enough to be able to do that," Gray said. "If my name gets called Ill definitely be ready." Oakland gave a few of its starters the finale off, while some others made cameos before getting a rest before beginning the post-season. Jed Lowrie, Coco Crisp and Yoenis Cespedes all sat Sunday, while Josh Donaldson, Brandon Moss and Chris Young were lifted early. "We have a bigger goal right now and that is to go deep in the playoffs and probably didnt want anything freak to happen on a day like today," Donaldson said. It didnt matter who was hitting against the Mariners. The As scored four times in the second inning, all charged to Seattle starter Erasmo Ramirez, and four more times in the fifth. Young got Oakland started with a two-run single in the second, followed by RBI doubles by Seth Smith and Moss. Alberto Callaspo had an RBI single in the fifth, followed by an RBI double from Josh Reddick and a two-run single by Daric Barton. Gray (5-3) gave up a pair of singles in the first inning and walked a pair of batters in the third, but otherwise got throuugh his final regular-season outing without any trouble.dddddddddddd Gray struck out eight and gave up three hits. It was the 16th time in the final 19 games of the regular season that Oaklands starter allowed two earned runs of less. Oakland finished with 96 wins, the most since reaching that total in 2003. "He doesnt like to give up runs," Melvin said of Gray. "Thats a good attribute in a pitcher. He goes out there and hes grinding on it whether its 8-0 or 1-0. That kind of attitude really plays anywhere and to be able to continually motivate yourself for perfection and youre not always going to get it." Seattle finished 71-91 and went a 12th straight season without the making the playoffs. More important, theyll now be seeking another manager with Wedges decision to walk away from the Mariners messy situation. Wedge announced on Friday he would not return to the club in 2014. With Ramirez (5-3) and the Mariners bullpen struggling, most of the attention for Seattle turned to Raul Ibanez and his attempt to become the first player 40 or older to hit 30 homers in a season. Ibanez had been stuck on 29 since homering on Sept. 21, tied with Ted Williams. He grounded out to end the first inning and struck out with the bases loaded in the third -- the only time Seattle threatened against Gray. Ibanez struck out looking in the sixth inning off reliever Jesse Chavez and popped out to left in the eighth. Ibanez was replaced after going out to the field for the top of the ninth and received a standing ovation from the crowd. "It was a really special moment and one that I will always remember," Ibanez said. "Im always going to appreciate the fans here in Seattle for that and obviously for all the years I was here and Im always going to appreciate Eric Wedge for letting that moment happen." NOTES: Cespedes didnt play the final two games of the regular season to give his right shoulder extra rest. Oakland believes hell be ready for the ALDS. ... Wedge said he and his family intend on staying in the Seattle area for now, but that he would like to manage again. ... Jemile Weeks got his first hit of the season with a single in the fifth inning. ... Seattle drew 17,081 for the finale. The Mariners had one sellout in 81 home games. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: anyela
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3854 Themen und 3894 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen