Australia to a team of Hingis

in TS-Server 08.11.2019 03:32
von jinshuiqian0713 • 1.130 Beiträge

PHILADELPHIA -- Wilin Rosario got some words of encouragement and then broke himself and the Colorado Rockies out of an offensive slump. Rosario hit a go-ahead, three-run homer and Jorge De La Rosa pitched six strong innings to lift the Rockies to a 6-2 victory over the Philadelphia Phillies on Tuesday night. Rosario entered the game without a hit in his previous 13 at-bats, but he got a pep talk from De La Rosa before the game. "I told Rosario in the training room before the game, You have to do something to win the game," a smiling De La Rosa said afterward. "And he did." Drew Stubbs went 2 for 4 with a double and an RBI for the Rockies, who had lost four of five while being outscored 16-0 in their two previous games. "That was a great win because we battled hard," Rockies manager Walt Weiss said. "We had a tough night (Monday). This team shows up well every day, and they turn the page. They went out there ready to win a game tonight." Ben Revere hit his first career homer in his 1,466th at-bat, and Darin Ruf also went deep for the Phillies. The start of the game was delayed 1 hour, 22 minutes due to rain. De La Rosa (6-3) continued his strong stretch, allowing one run and six hits with four strikeouts and two walks. The left-hander is 6-0 with a 1.58 ERA in his last seven starts. He wiggled out of a bases-loaded, no-out jam in the third when he got Revere to ground out, Jimmy Rollins to pop out and Chase Utley to fly out. "I just tried to keep the ball on the ground," De La Rosa said. "Thats how I got out of it." Said Weiss, "I feel like the game kind of turned right there. That was critical." Phillies manager Ryne Sandberg agreed. "Came back to haunt us," Sandberg said. "Thats a big momentum inning for them getting out of it. . Theres just something about getting the job done in that situation." Philadelphia starter Cole Hamels (1-3) was cruising along until walking consecutive batters with one out in the seventh. After Justin Morneau flied out for the second out, Rosario broke out of a slump by lifting Hamels first pitch just over the wall in right to give Colorado a 4-1 lead. He had been 0 for 15 before the homer, his sixth in 10 career games at Citizens Bank Park. "That was a big hit for him, a real money hit," Weiss said. Said Hamels, "If the pitch is down, its a definite different result. Its just a poorly executed pitch. I have to be able to make that pitch." Hamels left after the seventh after giving up four runs and three hits with four strikeouts and those two walks. Reveres one-out homer off left-handed reliever Boone Logan in the seventh just cleared the wall in right to pull Philadelphia within 4-2. Revere pointed skyward after crossing the plate, then grinned while receiving congratulations from Rollins before entering a silent dugout. His teammates relented after a minute or so and mobbed the smiling Revere. "Its a good feeling," Revere said. "When I got to second base, I didnt know what to do. I was trying not to smile but some guys got on me. It was fun. Ill try to hit 400 more." Rufs fourth-inning homer to left tied the game at 1 and halted De La Rosas scoreless streak at 15 1-3 innings. Ruf was starting at first base in place of left-handed slugger Ryan Howard, who sat against the lefty starter despite going 3 for 4 with a homer and five RBIs in Philadelphias 9-0 win over Colorado on Monday and knocking in 14 runs in his last nine games against the Rockies. It was the first homer of the season for Ruf, who was activated from the disabled list last Wednesday after recovering from a left oblique strain. Howard pinch hit with one out and two on in the eighth against righty Adam Ottavino and grounded into an inning-ending double play. It was the 58th double play of the season for the Rockies, who led the majors in that category entering Tuesday. Colorado got on the board first with a run in the fourth on Troy Tulowitzkis hard-hit sacrifice fly. Tulowitzki, the NL batting leader who entered hitting .447 off lefties, went 0 for 2 against Hamels. NOTES: Rockies LF Carlos Gonzalez was lifted after the fourth inning due to a right calf contusion. He is day-to-day. . Philadelphias Marlon Byrd went 0 for 4 with two strikeouts, dropping him to 1 for his last 17. ... LPGA golfer Gerina Piller was on hand to promote the tours stop this week at the ShopRite LPGA Classic in Galloway, New Jersey. ... The three-game series concludes Wednesday night when Rockies RHP Jordan Lyles (5-1, 3.45) opposes Phillies RHP Roberto Hernandez (2-2, 3.83). Nike Shoes From China . No such luck. Wiggins owned the end of Parkers impressive homecoming. The Kansas star scored 16 of his 22 points in the second half, outplaying Parker down the stretch and helping the fifth-ranked Jayhawks knock off No. Nike Shoes China ... as usual. Even with the salary cap being set lower than many general managers expected and hoped for at $69 million and whats considered a shallow pool of top-end players available, this unrestricted-free-agent period figures to follow the familiar script of teams bidding up prices to keep up with each other. https://www.nikeshoeschina.us/. Patty Mills had 20 points, Tim Duncan had 11 points and 13 rebounds in limited action, and San Antonio rolled to a 110-82 victory over Milwaukee that kept the Bucks winless in the new year. Nike Shoes From China Online . Hamilton signed offensive linemen Mike Filer, Joel Reinders, Landon Rice and Carson Rockhill. Wholesale Nike Shoes From China . Lisicki beat South African Chanelle Scheepers by a 7-5, 7-6 (7-1) margin. Next up for the Wimbledon runner-up will be Slovenian Polona Hercog, who outlasted Czech Petra Cetkovska 6-4, 5-7, 6-1.MELBOURNE, Australia - Canadian Daniel Nestor and French partner Kristina Mladenovic were dethroned as Australian Open mixed doubles champions on Sunday, losing the final to Martina Hingis and Leander Paes 6-4, 6-3.The 42-year-old Nestor, from Toronto, was broken three times in the match, which lasted just 62 minutes and played under the closed roof of the Rod Laver arena due to rain.The Canadians third-seeded side went down to defeat with 18 winners and 16 unforced errors, losing serve five times while breaking on three occasions.They played better for sure. Obviously there were things we could have done a little bit better. But they were the better team, said Nestor. Even when I thought I was serving OK, they were still making a lot of balls. They played well.I played a bit was over-aggressive on second serve. The court was playing a little bit different than what weve been used to... It was kicking more when we were playing outside. Today it was more of a dead bounce.Nestor called his overall Open performance (he and Rohan Bopanna lost in the mens doubles second round) as not ideal.We played well in Sydney (won the title) and had a little bit of a letdown here. Its nice to win some matches in mixed.dddddddddddd It was not result that we wanted but it was OK overall.All four players on the court were former grand slam champions, with Hingis winning her second major in mixed doubles and 16th overall in a career which began in 1995 as a teenager. The Swiss had not won a grand slam title since playing Australia in 2006 in the event.Nestor, who owns four mixed doubles titles and won the Melbourne title in 2011 and 2007. He claimed Wimbledon with Mladenivoc two years ago.He and Russian Elena Lkihovtseva finished runners-up in 2006 in Australia to a team of Hingis and another Indian, Paes former doubles partner Mahesh Bhupathi.Nestor got off to a poor start, broken to love in the second game of the match before his team broke Paes in the fifth game. Hingis and Paes won the set after 29 minutes as Nestor double-faulted on a set point.In the second, Nestor made amends as he held serve in the second game only to lose it again to hand over a 4-2 lead.But Hingis and Mldenovic then traded breaks, with the Swiss-Indian seventh seed emerging with a 5-3 lead. A return long from Mladenovic off a Hingis return at her feet ended the contest on a first match point. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: anyela
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3854 Themen und 3894 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen