way we competed." The

in TS-Server 09.11.2019 03:21
von jinshuiqian0713 • 1.130 Beiträge

NEW YORK -- Kyle Seager was so locked in Monday night he had no idea Derek Jeter nearly caught his short fly down the left-field line on a carom until he was safe on third with a triple. Seager had another triple, a home run and a double in a rare feat not seen in more than 40 years, leading Felix Hernandez and the Seattle Mariners past the New York Yankees 10-2. "It was a weird play," Seager said of the triple in the fourth inning. "I basically just kept running." Hernandez (8-1) won his fifth straight start to match a career high. The Mariners broke open a game of odd bounces with a four-run seventh inning, and Seager hit a three-run drive in the ninth. Robinson Cano was again relentlessly booed by Yankees fans, this time in a makeup of a game washed out April 30. In the lineup after sitting four straight with a bruised left hand, he went 1 for 3 with two walks. The former New York second baseman drew a mocking cheer when he was caught too far off first by David Phelps (1-3). The durable Cano said he was a little scared at first returning from the injury. By the fourth time up, he was fine. "Hopefully we come tomorrow with no pain," said Cano, who had not missed four games in a season since 2006. Seattle, which won at Yankee Stadium on April 29 and May 1, took all three games in New York for the first time since sweeping three in 2002. The Mariners have won three straight overall. Seager became the first major leaguer to hit two triples and at least one homer and one double since Hal Breeden for Montreal in 1973, STATS said. The last AL player to do it was Hoot Evers for Detroit in 1950. "Thats definitely a special one," Seager said. "Thats definitely one Ill remember, for sure." His second triple was aided by a rare mental mistake by Jeter. Seager hit a blooper down the line that bounced off the glove of sliding left fielder Brett Gardner. Jeter was also giving chase and had a chance to make the catch off the deflection, but couldnt come up with it. With his back to third base umpire Brian Gorman, Jeter did not see the fair signal. When he corralled the ball in foul ground, he continued to jog several steps toward the corner. He looked surprised when he turned, and his throw to third was too late. Phelps hollered "throw the ball!" as Seager headed to third. After the play was over, Jeter could be seen on television saying "I thought it was foul" as he walked back to the infield. "Im in for the bunt and went back on the popup. It never crossed my mind that it was fair. I almost gave it to a fan," Jeter said. "I thought for sure the ball was foul because I was in foul territory." The Yankees missed Hernandez in April because of the rainout and they certainly wished they had not faced the Mariners ace Monday. King Felix has been on quite a roll. The 2010 AL Cy Young Award winner has not lost in nine starts dating to April 21. He was touched for two runs in the fourth when he kicked out his foot and redirected Ichiro Suzukis grounder up the middle for a two-run single. "Oh, my God," Hernandez said. "I should have not kicked that." Hernandez gave up eight hits and two runs in seven innings. He struck out eight without allowing a walk. Hernandez last won five starts in a row in 2009. Seager homered with two outs off Alfredo Aceves in the ninth three batters after Michael Saunders connected. Brad Miller had a two-run single with the bases loaded in the seventh to give Seattle a 4-2 lead and chase Phelps. Saunders added a two-run single off Matt Thornton. NOTES: Yankees RF Carlos Beltran (right elbow bone spurs) went 0 for 3 as the designated hitter in an extended spring training game against the Phillies in Clearwater, Florida. Beltran said elbow felt good. ... Yankees C Francisco Cervelli (right hamstring strain) went 1 for 2 with a double and walk in his third extended spring training game. ... The Mariners head next to Atlanta and will fly about 6,000 miles on this three-city road trip. ... Triple Crown hopeful California Chromes Jockey, Victor Espinoza, and Alan Sherman, the son of 77-year-old trainer Art Sherman and his top assistant, threw out ceremonial first pitches. Adidas NMD Black Sale .com) - Theres nothing better for a team than to send out the staff ace in the most important game of the season. Adidas NMD Mens Discount . -- Canadian Erik Bedard pitched into the fifth inning in his bid to win a spot in Tampa Bays rotation, helping the Rays beat the Toronto Blue Jays 6-3 on Saturday. http://www.cheapnmdonline.com/. Bale has had a successful debut season in Spain, and Ancelotti appears ready to reward him with a starting role on Saturday. Ancelotti says "Gareth had some problems at the beginning (of the season) but when he found good physical condition he scored a lot of goals, he had a good impact on the team. Adidas NMD Triple Black For Sale . - A late-game interception by defensive back Malcolm Butler saved the Super Bowl for the New England Patriots. Fake NMD R1 For Sale . The Earthquakes (6-9-7) were coming off a 5-0 loss at home last Saturday to FC Dallas. Even with the draw, the Sounders (13-7-3) climbed back into a tie for both the Western Conference and overall top spot in MLS. Seattle, West co-leader Real Salt Lake and East leader Sporting Kansas City all have 42 points.With a 2-0 series deficit and no Carey Price, Michel Therrien expects nothing less than a positive response when his club takes on the New York Rangers at Madison Square Garden on Thursday for Game 3 of the Eastern Conference Final. While the team lost 3-1 on Monday night - a relative improvement from their 7-2 drubbing in Game 1 - the Montreal Canadiens head coach was impressed with the effort his players gave against a tough Rangers squad. "I want to give credit to the Rangers for what they did well," he told reporters in a conference call on Tuesday. "The Rangers defence did a good job of boxing players out, blocking shots and preventing second chances. We just need to keep working the way we did yesterday. Things can change very fast if we keep creating chances. The most important thing is that players follow the game plan and stay alert. If we keep doing that, things will turn around." The Canadiens - trailing by two games for the first time in these playoffs - have held the lead for just 17 seconds over the first 120 minutes played. Henrik Lundqvist made 41 saves in Game 2, including 19 in the third period. "I liked the engagement level of our team in Game 22," Therrien added.dddddddddddd "The first game was emotionally and physically tough for us, but we regrouped really well. On Monday, we played with energy and we pushed the pace. Im anxious to see the guys tomorrow and I feel optimistic for the rest of the series because of the way we competed." The Canadiens will now try to become the 20th team in Stanley Cup playoff history to win a series when losing the first two games at home. Fittingly, the Habs and Rangers have been a part of last three instances its happened - Montreal lost 4-2 to Carolina in 2006 after winning the first two games in Raleigh, the Washington Capitals beat the Rangers 4-3 after New York took the first two games at the Verizon Center in 2009 and Montreal won the first two games at Bostons TD Garden before losing 4-3 in their 2011 series with the Bruins. Still, Therrien is a full believer that his team can win once theyre reset in a couple of days. "Its a challenge to play in New York, but weve won many games throughout the years at Madison Square Garden," he explained. Therrien did not say which goaltender - Dustin Tokarski or Peter Budaj - would start in Game 3. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: anyela
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3854 Themen und 3894 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen