tells you theyre not clinical enough

in Donator/ Staatsanleihen 09.11.2019 04:53
von Cl11234566 • 405 Beiträge

PHILADELPHIA -- Chase Utley is feeling healthy and his bat certainly isnt hurting, either. Utley extended his hot start with the tiebreaking homer among three hits, sparking the Philadelphia Phillies to a 4-3 victory over the Miami Marlins on Sunday for a three-game sweep. Utley raised his average to .500 through 10 games, with six doubles, three home runs and 10 RBIs. The five-time All-Star, who missed two games with the flu, has a hit in each of his games this season. Knee issues the last few seasons knocked Utley off an All-Star pace, but hes playing now as if those problems are behind him. "I just see him in really good shape, moving really well on the field defensively and running the bases," Philadelphia manager Ryne Sandberg said. "Hes staying so active on the bases. Maybe that shows how well hes feeling. Thats (knee problems) a non-issue and hes having quality at-bats and seeing the ball well. Hes just in a real good zone. Even his outs are hard." Utley, notorious for keeping things close to the vest, said hes feeling no better or worse physically. "Ive had some decent days, feel OK," he said. "I feel fine, like I normally do." Will Nieves had three hits and two RBIs for Philadelphia, which has won 13 of its last 16 games against Miami. Garrett Jones homered and Casey McGehee had two hits and an RBI for the Marlins, who lost their seventh straight. The Marlins return home to face the Nationals on Monday after getting swept on the six-game road trip through Washington and Philadelphia. "Everyone has to take ownership for this trip," Miami manager Mike Redmond said. "Weve got to get better. There are areas we have to improve on, but were still battling. Nobodys going to give up." Utley broke a 3-all tie with two outs in the eighth by driving a 1-0 offering from Mike Dunn (0-1) into the seats in right-centre. "Just finding some holes," Utley said. "Not trying to do too much. Trying to put the ball in play and right now theyre falling." A.J. Bastardo (1-1) pitched a scoreless eighth for the win. Jonathan Papelbon pitched a scoreless ninth for his third save in four chances. Kyle Kendrick has a sparkling career record against the Marlins, going 12-2 with a 3.48 ERA in 21 career games coming in. In his last 11, he was 9-0 with a 2.21 ERA. But he did not factor into the decision Sunday after giving up three runs -- two earned -- on six hits in six innings. His counterpart, Henderson Alvarez, yielded three runs and 12 hits in six innings. The Marlins took advantage of first baseman Ryan Howards fielding error to get a run in the first on McGehees RBI single and tacked on a run on in the second on Christian Yelichs run-scoring single. Jones launched his first homer of the season to deep right with one out in the fifth to give Miami a 3-1 lead. Philadelphia tied it in the bottom half on Nieves two-out, two-run double to right. The Phillies requested an out call at home plate be reviewed in the seventh inning. Tony Gwynn Jr. was called out trying to score from first on Utleys double to left. But Sandberg asked for the play to be reviewed because he thought catcher Jeff Mathis was blocking the plate with his left leg prior to Gwynns slide. Under the expanded replay format, umpires initiate a review of the new rule covering collisions at home plate. After a 54-second delay the out call by homeplate umpire Mark Ripperger was upheld. Sandberg, though, believes there needs to be clarification to the rule. "I thought the catcher did not give the base runner a lane," he said. "I saw the replay and I still say the leg was blocking it, so Gwynn didnt have a lane to home plate. I felt like Gwynn had to alter his slide because the plate was blocked, so theres some confusion there." Howard had just three hits in his last 17 at-bats before homering to the opposite field with one out in the third to tie it at 1. It was the second homer of the season for Howard. Gwynn started in centre field in place of Ben Revere for the third straight game and had three hits. Revere struck out swinging in the seventh as a pinch-hitter. The Phillies, who entered leading the NL with 43 bases on balls, walked six times against three Marlins pitchers. NOTES: Hall of Fame third baseman Mike Schmidt debuted in the Phillies broadcast booth during the game. Schmidt will serve as a colour analyst on Sunday home games this season. ... Prior to the game, the Phillies optioned RHP Justin De Fratus to Triple-A Lehigh Valley and recalled RHP Luis Garcia. De Fratus allowed four runs in five innings (7.20 ERA) over four games this season. ... Phillies RHP Roberto Hernandez (1-0, 4.35) opposes Atlanta RHP Ervin Santana (1-0, 0.00) when the teams open a four-game series in Philadelphia at 7:05 p.m. Monday. ... Marlins LHP Brad Hand (0-0, 3.24) faces RHP Jordan Zimmerman (0-0, 8.10) Monday. ... Philadelphia 3B Cody Asche went 0 for 2 and is hitless in 10 at-bats. Cheap Authentic Air Max . He did one better Sunday by holing out a pitching wedge from 142 yards for eagle, capping a remarkable 28 on the back nine to win The Championship at Laguna National. Cheap Air Max For Sale . According to the Globe and Mail, a decision between the NHL and the Players Association should come within the six months. "I can tell you, (a decision) shouldnt take all that long," NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly told the Globe and Mail. https://www.airmaxchina.us/. "Yes, Id like to get them in," Detroits rookie manager said. "Mother Natures going to have a say in that." Sure enough, the Tigers had their game against the Kansas City Royals postponed because of rain on Thursday. Replica Air Max .com) - Theres nothing better for a team than to send out the staff ace in the most important game of the season. Wholesale Air Max . Jacob Jacques, Andrew Ryan and Jonathan Drouin also scored for Halifax (37-18-3), who outshot the Islanders 40-26. Kevin Darveau stopped 25 shots. Bradley Kennedy had the lone goal for Charlottetown (18-33-5), which has nine losses in its last 10 games.We asked the Soccer Saturday pundits whether Manchester United can still win the Premier League following their latest slip-up. Jose Mourinhos men ended the weekend nine points behind leaders Chelsea after failing to beat Arsenal at Old Trafford, leaving them with just five wins from 12 this season. Sky Sports Black Friday sale Upgrade to Sky Sports now and get 12 months half price! That result also prompted Sky Bet to push their title odds out from 25/1 to 33/1, with little between favourites Manchester City, Chelsea and Liverpool at the head of the betting. Here are the Soccer Saturday pundits verdicts as to whether United are already out of the title race...Matt Le Tissier: In a word, yesJeff asked me the question on Saturday that if they had lost to Arsenal would they have been out of the title race and I said I thought they already were. Manchester United players not good enough, says Le Tiss Theyre well off the top sides in terms of the the points and quality of players. The performances that weve seen so far havent been that of title contenders.I think if you asked most Manchester United fans right now then I think theyd bite your hand off for fourth place.Paul Merson: Im not writing them offTheir odds tell you everything! I said at the start of the season it would be an achievement to make the top four and I still think theyre players short. Juan Mata puts United ahead against Arsenal However, I thought they played well at the weekend, theyd just beaten Swansea convincingly and if they play like they did against Arsenal everyy week then theyll climb the table.ddddddddddddI wouldnt like to count them out just yet. Liverpool drew at Southampton and Manchester City nearly dropped points at Crystal Palace so its not as though anyone is running away with it.Charlie Nicholas: Theres five better teamsI think theyre out of the title trace. There are too many better teams than them. I dont agree with Jose Mourinho that theyre the most unlucky team in the league.Theyve not won the games theyve dominated which tells you theyre not clinical enough. Thats not luck. Jose Mourinho believes Man Utd are the league most unlucky side Theyre not strong enough up the back and for me the five sides above them are all stronger sides than them.Unless they do something in January, I cant see them challenging the title race and I think it would be a success for them to finish in the top four.Phil Thompson: Too early to dismiss UnitedNo, I dont think so for a couple of reasons, one being its Manchester United. Secondly, its too early and weve still got the January transfer window. Pep Guardiolas Man City are favourites to win the Premier League All of those top teams, the big six or seven, are going to take points off each other. Its going to be a lot more difficult for them because of the points but its certainly not impossible.Youve got to look at Chelsea v Tottenham coming up next weekend - somebody above them is going to drop points, so with how wide open it is you cant discount them at this stage.Upgrade to Sky Sports now and get 12 months half price. Hurry, offer ends December 4! Also See: How unlucky are Man Utd? Carrick the answer for Utd Mata focusing on positives Table ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: anyela
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3854 Themen und 3894 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen