with how Marc matches up with

in TS-Server 11.11.2019 03:53
von jinshuiqian0713 • 1.130 Beiträge

LOS ANGELES -- Jonathan Lucroy put the finishing touches on Milwaukees resounding three-game sweep of Los Angeles, giving the NL West leaders plenty to think about should they meet again in October. Lucroy tied a season high with five RBIs, including his first home run in more than three weeks, and the Brewers beat the Dodgers 7-2 on Sunday to maintain their three-game lead over St. Louis in the NL Central. Lucroy also had five RBIs on June 17 at Arizona, including a pair of homers -- one of which was a grand slam. "It was one of those days where I got a couple of good pitches to hit and was able to hit them hard," Lucroy said. "(Dan) Haren made a couple of mistakes up in the zone and I was able to take advantage." Wily Peralta (15-7) tied Johnny Cueto and Adam Wainwright for the major league lead in victories, allowing five hits in six scoreless innings. The right-hander is 6-1 with a 1.79 ERA in seven starts since giving up a career-worst nine runs in a 9-7 home loss to Philadelphia on July 8. "Ive just been pounding the strike zone and working ahead of the hitters. Thats been the difference since that game in Philadelphia," Peralta said. "Ive been able to locate my fastball and mix it in with some off-speed stuff. "They made me work today, but I was able to make the big pitch when I had to and I was able to put zeroes on the board. And its always good when you get early run support." Carlos Gomez hit his 20th homer, helping the Brewers become the first team to sweep the Dodgers in a series of three or more games this season. They also won a road series for the first time since sweeping a three-game set from Colorado from June 20-22. The Dodgers fourth loss in five games, coupled with San Franciscos 5-2 win over Philadelphia, reduced their NL West lead over the Giants to 3 1/2 games. "We played a really good team and they showed why. They have a very deep lineup and good pitching," Haren said. "I mean, theyre in first place, so its not like we got swept by some last-place team." Haren (10-10) gave up six runs and five hits over three innings in his shortest outing of the season, following consecutive victories against the Angels and Atlanta Braves. Two of the runs on Harens line were unearned, the result of an error by three-time Gold Glove first baseman Adrian Gonzalez, who dropped a short throw from second baseman Dee Gordon on a grounder by Jean Segura in the second. Haren, who came in averaging 1.86 walks per nine innings, opened the game by walking Gomez and giving up Lucroys 13th homer. He walked Gomez again with two out in the second, and Lucroy cleared the bases with his NL-leading 40th double to give the Brewers a 5-0 lead. "I definitely was trying to pitch Gomez carefully, and he didnt swing at anything out of the zone," Haren said. "The scouting report said hes a free swinger and he doesnt walk too much. With a guy with the amount of power he has, youve got to be a little careful. And when he gets on first base, hes a threat to run. So youve always got to be conscious of that and be a little quicker to the plate to the next guy." TRAINERS ROOM Brewers: 2B Scooter Gennetts troublesome right quad has curtailed his ability to run the bases at maximum efficiency -- as was the case in the third, when he was held at third on a double to right-centre by Khris Davis for the second time in the series. Dodgers: At this point, only hip surgery will end RHP Josh Becketts season prematurely. "I have not heard anything about him getting shut down for the whole year," manager Don Mattingly said. "Were going to do everything to have him have the opportunity to pitch again this year. But I dont think we look at Josh as somebody who would come out of the bullpen for us." UP NEXT Brewers: Mike Fiers (2-1, 1.29 ERA) pitches Tuesday nights series opener against Toronto. Last Tuesday, he struck out 14 in a 6-2 win over the Cubs, ending a Brewers streak of 286 consecutive games without a double-digit strikeout performance. Dodgers: Kevin Correia opens the three-game series against San Diego, his second start since he was acquired Aug. 9 from Minnesota and replaced Beckett in the rotation. Cheap NBA Jerseys Authentic . As deep as their roster is, they need their superstar. Rose scored 23 points in his return from a five-game absence due to back pain, and Chicago hung on to beat the struggling Atlanta Hawks 90-79 on Monday. Cheap NBA Jerseys . Jamies number grades given are out of five, with five being the best mark. Tuukka Rask, Boston Bruins (5) – He had a brilliant game; it was a huge response for his average games before. https://www.nbachinajerseys.us/. Kuznetsov, who was selected by the Capitals in the first round of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, has been playing for his hometown team Chelyabinsk Traktor of the KHL. Discount NBA Jerseys . The kind he has every so often. The kind he has when Dwyane Wade sits. James scored 43 points -- 25 in a bewildering first-quarter shooting display -- and Chris Bosh added 21, leading the Miami Heat to a 100-96 win Tuesday night over the Cleveland Cavaliers, who played their first game without injured All-Star guard Kyrie Irving. Wholesale NBA Jerseys . Mladenovics quick hands at the net made the difference while Bencics inexperience in doubles showed. "We took a lot of pleasure," Mladenovic told Sport Plus television. "Its extremely difficult to play in such conditions, but our doubles team showed a lot of quality.LAKE FOREST, Ill. - Chicago Bears general manager Phil Emery was so busy in free agency he didnt mind having a few extra weeks to prepare for the draft. Times just about up. The three-day proceeding starts with the first round Thursday and the Bears, owners of the 14th pick, still need help on defence even after some big moves. So a little extra time to study the prospects suited Emery just fine. "I love it, honestly. Ive heard reports of people complaining about it," he said. "I dont know what theyre complaining about." The draft was pushed back about two weeks because of a scheduling conflict at New Yorks Radio City Music Hall. Emery said that allowed the Bears to have "less-rushed conversations" as they try to weigh short-term gains against long-term benefits. The defence ranked among the leagues worst a year ago and was the biggest reason the Bears missed the playoffs for the sixth time in seven years at 8-8. The Bears have been busy addressing that, bringing in Jared Allen and parting with Julius Peppers in an effort to spark a defence that ranked 30th overall, last against the run, and tied Jacksonville with a league-low 31 sacks. They still need help on the line, at linebacker and in the secondary, particularly at safety. Chicago has one pick in each of the first five rounds (Nos. 14, 51, 82, 117 and 156) and two in the sixth round (183 and 191). With that in mind, here are five things to know about the draft. STILL ON THE DEFENSIVE: Emery said he has six candidates for the 14th pick assuming the Bears keep it, and theres a good chance hell go with a defensive player even though he wasnt ruling out offence. Pittsburgh defensive tackle Aaron Donald, Alabama free safety Ha Ha Clinton-Dix and Oklahoma State cornerback Justin Gilbert could be strong possibilities for Chicago. ROLL THE DICE: Emery showed in his first two drafts hes not afraid to take a chance on a first-round pick. He gambled on Shea McClelllin in 2012 and did it again with Kyle Long last year.dddddddddddd The results? Hes batting .500 so far. Long was a hit at right guard even though he made just five starts in his lone season at Oregon. McClellin is a swing and miss so far and is moving from defensive end to linebacker. At least Emery hit it big in the second round in 2012 with receiver Alshon Jeffery, who broke out last season with 1,421 yards receiving. PASS ON QB?: Emery insisted hes comfortable with Jordan Palmer backing up Jay Cutler and that hes not in favour of grooming a quarterback drafted in the later rounds as a potential starter down the line. "That developmental theory doesnt hold a whole lot of water," he said. Starting with the 2006 class, Emery examined how quarterbacks drafted after the third round fared. He didnt find a long-term starter, let alone another Tom Brady. Mostly, it was a collection of third-stringers, many of whom did not last long in the league. "Most of the starters in this league come from the first and second round. So thats where you need to take a quarterback," he said. The idea of pairing a late-round QB with coach Marc Trestman doesnt seem to interest him. "Im more intrigued with how Marc matches up with Jay and Jordan and Jerrod (Johnson)," he said. PLAYING IT SAFE-TY: Emery declared the starting safety spots "wide open" with the struggling Chris Conte back and Major Wright gone. Theyve brought in Ryan Mundy and M.D. Jennings and figure to add more help in the draft. The Bears have also scouted college cornerbacks with length with the idea of converting them to safeties, although that carries some risk. MAKING A MOVE: Emery said hes fielded calls from teams looking to move up to No. 14. He also indicated trading up is unlikely, saying such moves are "expensive." ___ Online: AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP_NFL ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: anyela
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3854 Themen und 3894 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen