Steen lost his helmet during a prolonged

in Farming 12.11.2019 02:52
von Cl11234566 • 405 Beiträge

WASHINGTON -- Washington Nationals slugger Bryce Harper showed plenty of pop Thursday in his first on-field batting practice since undergoing ligament surgery on his left thumb last month. "Honestly, we almost ran out of baseballs," manager Matt Williams said. "Between he and Wilson (Ramos), whoever gets in the park first today and goes to the outfield will have lots of souvenirs." Williams said Harper will begin a minor league rehab assignment after the Nationals begin a road trip next week. "Im still trying to see where my swings at. ... I dont see myself coming back after five games or four games," Harper said. "I really want to push it and see how I feel after eight, nine games down there. If I feel good before that, then Ill see where Im at." Williams will have to do some shuffling when Harper returns. Ryan Zimmerman, whose chronic shoulder problems have moved him off third base, has been playing in Harpers spot in left field. Williams originally said Zimmerman will move back to third, but now the manager says he will move players around depending on matchups and to give players rest. Zimmerman could be playing first base, third base or left field, while Harper will be used in all three outfield positions. Anthony Rendon will shuffle between second base and third base. "It doesnt really matter to me. I just want to play," Harper said. "I just want to be in the lineup and hopefully I can come back and help the team win." The Nationals have been playing well recently in Harpers absence, moving into first place in the NL East ahead of Thursdays opener of a four-game series against the Atlanta Braves. "One through nine, everyones swinging it really, really well right now. Were playing well. Im the odd man out, I guess," he joked. Fake Shoes .ca contributor Grant McCagg provides a look at some risers and fallers on the prospect watch. Fake Jordan . -- One shot came out of bottom of a cactus, the other from the base of a desert bush with rocks scattered around it. https://www.fakeshoes.net/. The move will give Hentgen the "time needed to support his family and his fathers current health issues," the Blue Jays said in a release. Hentgen spent 10 of his 14 big-league seasons with the Blue Jays, winning a Cy Young Award in 1996. Discount Fake Shoes .Fiji striker Roy Krishna scored in the 14th minute to give Wellington its fourth win, along with a draw, from its past five matches, putting the Phoenix fourth but only a point behind third-placed Adelaide. Cheap Fake Shoes . On Monday night, many fans in this city placed the blame squarely on the captain for his role in the James Neal overtime winner against the Pittsburgh Penguins.LOS ANGELES, Calif. - Jonathan Quick and Brian Elliott both remembered their similar goaltending duel on the same ice sheet 2 1/2 years ago, when they played 65 scoreless minutes of tense hockey.Quick topped Elliott in a shootout again Thursday night, and the Los Angeles goalie took home a record along with the win.Quick tied the Kings mark with his 32nd career shutout, making 43 saves and stopping all three St. Louis shootout attempts in a 1-0 victory over the Blues.He carried the Kings to their third straight win, making saves with his glove, blocker and mask to keep it scoreless. Los Angeles expects such routine brilliance from a two-time Stanley Cup champion who showed his usual aversion to personal attention after his latest record-tying feat.Its two points, Quick said. Its more about wins than shutouts when we go out there.Jeff Carter scored the only shootout goal for the defending champions against Elliott, who stopped 17 shots in his 26th career shutout for the Blues.Oddly enough, Los Angeles and St. Louis played a 1-0 shootout game at Staples Center three seasons ago. Quick made 35 saves, and Elliott had 37.That doesnt happen often, and its happened twice here, Elliott said. Its kind of the way we match up, I guess. Weve got to take that next step, but when you get 40-plus shots on a good team in their building, you can take a lot of positives away from that. Youre going to win a lot of games if you do that.Quick matched Rogie Vachons franchise record for shutouts, reaching the mark in 50 fewer games than Vachon needed during the 1970s. Quick already became the Kings leader in victories last season on the way to his second Stanley Cup ring.What a game to do it in, the way he played, Los Angeles centre Jarret Stoll said. We all had a hug for him when he came in the room. We all know how great of a goalie he is.Carter scored in the first shootout round, and Quick stopped T.J. Oshie, Alexander Steen and Vladimir Tarasenko to wrap up the Kings fifth straight home win over St. Louis.He played good, but there were some shots that we missed, Oshie said of his U.S. Olympic teammate. The net was wide open in overtime there.dddddddddddd Ive got to slide that in. Never even got to touch it.The Blues had the past four days off before opening their road schedule with a three-game West Coast trip, and they controlled long stretches against the Kings with their fresh legs and skill-laden roster.Elliott also was outstanding against a Kings team that had scored 10 goals in its last two games, stopping everything except Carters vicious wrist shot to the stick side.We tried him enough on the glove side, and he was on it, Carter said.The seasons first meeting between the two title contenders featured plenty of tight-checking hockey. Both clubs struggled to create consistent scoring chances, with Kings coach Darryl Sutter shuffling his lines — even breaking up That 70s Line, Carters high-scoring trio with youngsters Tanner Pearson and Tyler Toffoli.Just trying to get some energy, a little bit different look, Sutter said.Quicks mask was dislodged and Steen lost his helmet during a prolonged scuffle midway through the second period when Steen hacked at the puck in Quicks midsection.Elliott broke his stick on a poke-check during a Kings power play midway through the third period, but played more than two minutes using defenceman Jay Bouwmeesters stick when the Blues couldnt control the puck.Shortly after Quick made a spectacular glove save on a short-range shot by Bouwmeester in the waning minutes of regulation, he stopped a shot by David Backes with his head.Those few chances in tight, got to find a way to put those past Jonathan Quick, said Backes, another American Olympian. Hes an all-world goalie, no question, but weve got all-world players in here. Got to find a way to put some of those in, myself included.NOTES: Los Angeles F Marian Gaborik missed his second straight game with a lower-body injury, and Andy Andreoff played in his second NHL game. ... Kings D Jake Muzzin still hasnt played this season while recovering from an upper-body injury, although he got a $20 million contract extension Wednesday. ... St. Louis road trip continues this weekend at Arizona and Anaheim. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: anyela
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3854 Themen und 3894 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen