an amazing atmosphere

in TS-Server 12.11.2019 03:14
von jinshuiqian0713 • 1.130 Beiträge

NEW YORK, N.Y. - A 24-person relay of NBA luminaries running the New York City Marathon started with a referees whistle and ended with Dikembe Mutombo crossing the finish line in high-tops.Commissioner Adam Silver handled the first three miles, crossing the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge from Staten Island to Brooklyn. He passed a baton to Chris Mullin, the Brooklyn native who starred at St. Johns in Queens before a Hall of Fame NBA career.The groups total time was just over 4 hours, 48 minutes. The event was staged to try to encourage kids to exercise.Many people told me that I was going to walk after retiring five years ago, but Im glad I pushed myself, Mutombo said. Its great. After running on a basketball court for so long and so many years, its good to be outside there running.Each celebrity was joined on his or her one-mile leg by a local student who takes part in marathon organizer New York Road Runners youth programs.Mutombo eschewed running shoes for some more familiar gear.Ive been running all of my life with the high-top shoes, he said. So I really dont know that much what its like running with the low-cut shoes. So when I put these shoes on, its a great brand; its the Dikembe Mutombo brand. So I was happy to run in them.Among the other participants were Bronx native and Hall of Famer Nate Tiny Archibald; Knicks greats Charles Oakley and Bernard King; former Nets Darryl Dawkins and Jason Collins; Brooklyn native Sam Perkins; and WNBA stars Swin Cash and Ruth Riley.Another member of the relay, former referee Bob Delaney, started Silver off with a tweet of his whistle. Delaney is now the leagues vice-president of referee operations.Silver is an avid runner who has twice completed the NYC Marathon, finishing in just under four hours in both 2002 and 2010. He competed in track and cross country —not basketball — in high school in Rye, New York, where he was a quarter- and half-miler.Plans for the relay began in the early spring. New York is home to this seasons NBA All-Star weekend, with events at the Nets Brooklyn arena and the game at Madison Square Garden.The league is seeking to reach a half-million youngsters in the five boroughs through fitness programs in conjunction with hosting the festivities. Vic Davalillo Jersey . According to TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger, the New York Rangers winger skated with extras and goalies today. Bob Feller Indians Jersey . MLB executive Joe Torre ruled on Tuesday nights game at Wrigley Field that was called after 4 1-2 innings. The Cubs were declared the winners by a 2-0 score. Now, it is instead a suspended game that will resume at 4:05 p. https://www.cheapindiansonline.com/1078u...ey-indians.html. The union filed a grievance late Thursday, one day after Goodell suspended four players who participated in bounties from 2009-11. The complaint says Goodell is prohibited from punishing players for any aspect of the case occurring before the new collective bargaining agreement was signed last August. Franmil Reyes Indians Jersey . For the first time all night, as the Raptors were on the clock to make the 20th overall selection, no one had the slightest idea what was about to happen. No leaks, no whispers, nothing. Hunter Wood Jersey .J. - Trying to learn and absorb the new West Coast offence being installed by new offensive co-ordinator Ben McAdoo, the New York Giants wrapped their final organized team activity Thursday before a three-day mini-camp next week.VANCOUVER - The Vancouver Whitecaps FC announced Thursday that the club has acquired Uruguayan striker Octavio Rivero from Chiles Primera Division side OHiggins FC.Rivero, 22, joins Whitecaps FC following six months with OHiggins FC. The six-foot-two, 180-pounder led the Rancagua-based club in scoring with 10 goals— good for fifth overall in the league— in 16 league appearances during the Torneo Apertura.We are thrilled to welcome Octavio to our club, said Whitecaps FC head coach Carl Robinson. We continue to build the squad, and Octavio is another piece to the puzzle. His skill set fits well with the way we want to play.Im very happy to come to Vancouver to be a part of this great club and beautiful city, said Rivero. BC Place is a wonderful stadium with an amazing atmosphere. I will give my all for the club and fans.ddddddddddddPrior to his transfer to Chile, Rivero played with Montevideo-based clubs Defensor Sporting, Central Espanol FC, and CA Rentistas.In 2008, at the age of 16, Rivero joined the youth set-up of Defensor Sporting before moving over to Central Espanol FC for the 2012-13 season. In his first season as a professional, Rivero scored three goals in 18 matches with Central Espanol FC. The following season he joined CA Rentistas and scored 10 goals in 17 appearances.Internationally, Rivero has represented Uruguay at the U-17 level, playing at both the 2009 Copa UC tournament and the 2009 South American U-17 Football Championship, where he played with current Whitecaps FC midfielder Nicolas Mezquida.Rivero is expected to arrive in Vancouver and be formally introduced in the new year. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: anyela
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3854 Themen und 3894 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen