away from anything," Clark said

in TS-Server 16.11.2019 03:13
von jinshuiqian0713 • 1.130 Beiträge

Milwaukee, WI (SportsNetwork.com) - The second-ranked Wisconsin Badgers will try to get rid of the rancid taste of defeat from their mouths, as they play their first true road game of the season on Saturday at Marquette. Wisconsin had been cruising right along, posting seven straight victories to tip off the 2014-15 campaign and ascending all the way up to No. 2 in latest AP poll. However, the fourth-ranked Duke Blue Devils had to go and spoil the party, as they beat the Badgers on their own floor this past Wednesday, 80-70, as part of the ACC/Big Ten Challenge. The loss snapped UWs 24-game winning streak against non-conference foes during the regular season. Marquette comes in sporting a 4-3 record on the young season, its first with Steve Wojciechowski at the helm. The Golden Eagles did manage to win two of three games played at the Orlando Classic last week, including a 67-59 decision against Tennessee in their most recent outing. This bout marks the first of five straight MU will play at home, where it is 2-1 on the season. Wisconsin topped Marquette in last years encounter in Madison, 70-64, thereby extending its lead in the all-time series to 65-55. Duke shot the ball extremely well in Wednesdays showdown with the Badgers, hitting 65.2 percent of its field goal attempts, which included a 7-of-12 showing from 3-point range. Wisconsin wound up draining 9-of-21 long-range launches, but shot just 40.7 percent from the floor overall. The home team managed to keep the game by close by going 17-of-21 at the foul line, and by committing only eight turnovers. Traevon Jackson did his best to keep the Badgers in it by scoring a game-high 25 points thanks to a 7-of-12 effort from the field, which featured three treys, as well as a perfect 8-of-8 performance at the charity stripe. Frank Kaminsky finished with 17 points and nine rebounds in the losing cause. For the season, Kaminsky (16.6 ppg, 8.8 rpg, 17 blocks) has lived up to the hype after being named the preseason Big Ten Player of the Year. He is one of four double-digit scorers for coach Bo Ryans club, as Nigel Hayes (12.4 ppg, 7.5 rpg), Sam Dekker (11.8 ppg, 3.6 rpg) and Jackson (10.5 ppg, 3.0 apg) are all making key contributions for the Badgers, who average 74 ppg while permitting only 54.2 ppg. In addition, Wisconsin owns favorable margins in rebounding (+7.1) and turnovers (+3.8), while being credited with nearly twice as many assists as the opposition (115-63). Duane Wilson drained five 3-pointers in scoring 30 points to help lead Marquette past Tennessee in the third-place game at the Orlando Classic last Sunday. It was the second time in three tilt that a Marquette player hit for at least 30 points, as Matt Carlino dropped in a tournament-record 38 in Thursdays 72-70 win over Georgia Tech. Derrick Wilson chipped in 11 points against the Volunteers, who missed the mark on 17 of their 20 3-point attempts. Marquette was hammered on the boards, 39-22, but shot 53.5 percent from the field, committed only nine turnovers, and outscored UT at the free- throw line, 15-4. Wilson (14.0 ppg), Carlino (13.1 ppg, 3.9 apg) and Juan Anderson (12.9 ppg, 6.3 rpg) are all averaging double figures in the scoring column for a Marquette team that is putting up nearly the same number of points (71.4 ppg) as it allows (71.3 ppg). The Golden Eagles are yielding almost a 50 percent shooting effort to the opposition, while hitting 45.2 percent of their total shots, which includes a 36.1 percent effort from beyond the arc. They are being outworked on the glass by more than eight caroms per contest, but they are +5.7 in turnover differential. Pat Borders Mariners Jersey . "You hate when they score," he said with some distaste at the thought. "You take pride in it. Mike Zunino Jersey . - The fiancee of former New England Patriots player Aaron Hernandez is set to ask a judge to throw out allegations that she lied to a grand jury. https://www.cheapmariners.com/.com) - St. Louis Blues right wing Vladimir Tarasenko, Detroit Red Wings center Pavel Datsyuk and Pittsburgh Penguins goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury have been selected as the NHLs top players for last week. Al Cowens Mariners Jersey .Dawson also birdied two of the last four holes to reach 12-under 132 on TPC San Antonios AT&T Canyons Course. He won his only title in a PGA Tour-sanctioned event in 2002 in the Web.com Tours LaSalle Bank Open.Im not going to lose any sleep, believe me, Dawson said. I used to be a perfectionist, but my attitude now is to play like Im in the pro-am. Ichiro Suzuki Jersey . Ferrer will play Mikhail Youzhny on Sunday after he defeated Dmitry Tursunov 6-2, 6-4 in an all-Russian semifinal. "Youzhny is a good player," Ferrer said.PITTSBURGH, Pa. - The NFL is still deciding how to discipline Pittsburgh Steelers coach Mike Tomlin for his not-so-fancy footwork. New video, though, shows Tomlin inching closer to the field before Baltimore kickoff returner Jacoby Jones nearly collided with him in last Thursdays 22-20 win by the Ravens. KDKA-TV in Pittsburgh released video Monday indicating Tomlin took a sizable step toward the field as Jones broke into the open, and didnt move until Jones was nearly on top of the coach. Tomlin actually put his right foot on green grass as part of a stutter step move out of harms way. It wasnt early enough to stop Jones from moving to his right just before being tackled by Pittsburghs Cortez Allen after a 73-yard return. Tomlin was not penalized, though he is facing disciplinary action. Tomlin said following the game he was watching the play unfold on one of the scoreboards and lost his "placement" on the field. "I do it quite often, like everybody else in the National Football League," Tomlin said. "I was wrong, I accept responsibility for it." Steelers safety Ryan Clark defended Tomlin, saying being on the field is common even though rules require players, coaches and support staff to stand behind a large white strip of grass that separates the field from the benches.dddddddddddd "Im always on the field. I sit on the field, but I try to sit on it away from anything," Clark said Monday. The 12-year veteran said he stepped onto the field while Pittsburghs offence tried a potential tying 2-point conversion against the Ravens in the final minutes "so I could see." Clark added there was no malice in Tomlins actions. "There was no intent at all," Clark said. "When he noticed he was in the way, he got out of the way. If he tripped (Jones), tackled him, itd be a different story." The NFL fined the New York Jets $100,000 in 2010 when cameras caught strength and conditioning coach Sal Alosi tripping a Miami player on the sideline. Alosi was suspended by the Jets and eventually resigned after the season. Jones said after the game that "if I was (Tomlin), I would do the same thing" and didnt blame the coach for Jones inability to score. That doesnt mean Jones is ruling out the idea Tomlin knew what he was doing. "Before I got to him, he was halfway on the field," Jones said. "He gave me a little juke, and I tried to juke him." ___ AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: anyela
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3854 Themen und 3894 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen