The Cardinals added a pair of runs in the seventh

in Medien 16.11.2019 07:17
von Cl11234566 • 405 Beiträge

NEW YORK, N.Y. - Dick Parsons is hoping for a short stint running the Los Angeles Clippers, though ready to stay on as long as it takes. Moving the franchise away from Donald Sterling and to new ownership might require a lengthy fight, but its one Parsons thinks is worthwhile. "This is an issue thats actually bigger than just the Clippers, bigger than just the NBA in my judgment," Parsons said. "The whole world is kind of watching how, frankly, we as a country navigate our way through this crisis. So if I can help, Im happy to try." The NBA chose Parsons, a former Citigroup chairman and former Time Warner chairman and CEO, as interim CEO of the Clippers on Friday. Parsons will oversee the management of the franchise and represent it at owners meetings while the league tries to force Sterling to sell following his lifetime ban for making racist remarks. With Sterling barred from anything to do with the team or league, and team President Andy Roeser on an indefinite leave of absence, the league and Clippers worked together to find someone to lead the organization along with coach Doc Rivers. Parsons, who is black, met with Commissioner Adam Silver on Monday and accepted the position Thursday. He had gotten to know Silver, then the deputy commissioner, when Time Warner owned the Atlanta Hawks, and he supports what Silver is trying to do now in his first crisis since replacing David Stern in February. "Hes a good man and hes trying to do the right thing and hes trying to do it in the right way, and he could use some help," Parsons said during a phone interview. Parsons is currently a senior adviser at Providence Equity Partners and sits on the board of directors for the Commission on Presidential Debates. He has also been on President Barack Obamas economic advisory team. A graduate of the University of Hawaii, where he played basketball, Parsons earned a law degree from Albany Law School in 1971 and became a staff lawyer for New York Governor Nelson Rockefeller. He moved to Washington when Rockefeller was appointed vice-president, and also worked closely with President Gerald Ford. Parsons left the legal field in 1988 to become president, then chairman and CEO of Dime Bancorp, Inc. He was Time Warner chairman and CEO from 2002-08, then chairman of Citigroup from 2009-12. Silver said in a statement that Parsons "will bring extraordinary leadership and immediate stability to the Clippers organization." "Dicks credentials as a proven chief executive speak for themselves and I am extremely grateful he accepted this responsibility," Silver added. The owners advisory/finance committee has already held two conference calls since Silver banned Sterling, fined him $2.5 million and said he would urge owners to force Sterling to sell the franchise he has owned since 1981. That would require Sterling to be charged with violating the leagues constitution and bylaws, followed by a three-fourths vote of owners after a hearing. Sterlings estranged wife, Shelly, wants to keep her 50 per cent ownership stake in the team, her lawyer said Thursday, and Silver said so far the ban only applies to Donald Sterling. While that potential fight goes on, the Clippers are trying to stay focused on the playoffs following their most successful regular season ever. They are tied with the Oklahoma City Thunder entering Game 3 of their Western Conference semifinal series. Parsons said he wouldnt be involved in an ownership fight and hopes one wont even be necessary, that "cooler heads and rationality" would allow the NBA and the Clippers to work through the turmoil without a legal battle. He doesnt know how long that could take. "I know the NBA would love to get this done before the next season begins, but who knows whats going to happen? Its open ended," Parsons said. "Were here until sort of we can work our way through the point of transition." Fake Mariners Jerseys . Those cheers seemed more special this time because the captains run on Broadway could soon be over. The adoration surely sounded much nicer to Callahan than all the recent trade talk. Seattle Mariners Store . LOUIS -- The St. https://www.cheapmariners.com/2185k-dee-...y-mariners.html. The club says its first-choice centre back "underwent medical tests on Wednesday morning" which confirmed he has injured his right hamstring. The injury was caused in the second minute of Tuesdays 4-1 league win over Real Sociedad in the Camp Nou when teammate Sergio Busquets accidentally struck Mascherano just above the knee with an outstretched boot. Donnie Walton Jersey . Sterling was banned for life and fined US$2.5 million by the NBA on Tuesday for racist comments the league says he made in a recorded conversation. Nash, who plays for the rival L.A. Lakers, spoke as a representative of current NBA players at a press conference assembled by Sacramento mayor and National Basketball Players Association adviser Kevin Johnson. Edgar Martinez Jersey . Today, he looks at the offensive line. 1. Laurent Duvernay-Tardif (OT, McGill) You Should Know: Over the course of his university career, Duvernay-Tardifs commitments to medical school and the family business frequently limited him to one practice per week, yet he was still the Metras Trophy winner as the Top Lineman in CIS football in 2013. CINCINNATI, Ohio -- Adam Wainwright won 19 games last season and finished second in the NL Cy Young voting. So far, his encore is even better. Wainwright became the National Leagues first eight-game winner by dominating Cincinnati again, and the St. Louis Cardinals pulled away to a 4-0 victory Sunday night that completed another successful series against their division rival. The Cardinals are 6-3 against the Reds this season. Theyve won 10 of their last 11 series together. Overall, St. Louis has won nine of its last 11 games and moved within 1 1-2 games of first-place Milwaukee in the NL Central. Wainwright (8-2) beat Johnny Cueto and the Reds on opening day in Cincinnati, allowing only three hits during seven innings of a 1-0 victory. On Sunday, the right-hander gave up five hits in eight innings and matched his career high with 12 strikeouts. "Thats the epitome of pitching, in my opinion," manager Mike Matheny said. "The people watching today maybe on the national (television) game, I hope they had an appreciation for what this guy does and how he does it." Wainwright set the tone by striking out five of the first six batters on a total of 24 pitches. He got Brandon Phillips on three pitches that clocked 73, 91 and 93 mph. The one disappointment for Wainwright last season was his rough showing against the Reds -- 1-3 in four starts with a 7.77 ERA. Hes fixed that problem. "Last year I was a one-side-of-the-plate pitcher and they just crushed me," Wainwright said. "This year, Im pitching a lot differently. Im using both sides of the plate." Tony Cruz and Kolten Wong each had a pair of singles and drove in a run off Mike Leake (2-4). Wong also stole a pair of bases. The game drew 42,273 fans, the Reds third sellout crowd of the season. All three sellouts have come against the Cardinals. Leake went six innings and continued his streak of solid pitching. The right-hander hasnt allowed more than two runs in any of his last five starts, giving up a total of eight earned runs. With Wainwright on his game again, it was two runs too much.dddddddddddd Wainwright lowered his ERA to 1.67. In his last two starts, he has given up only six hits and no runs in 17 innings. "Ive never felt like this," the 31-year-old pitcher said. "Thats part of of the evolution of me. I expected to get better as I got older, and a little wiser. "Now that Im over 30 years old, I dont think theres any reason for me to start to decline. I think I should still try to get better and expect to get better." Cruz led off the third inning with a single and advanced on Wainwrights sacrifice bunt. Wong singled up the middle with two outs for a run. Matt Adams singled, Allen Craig walked and Cruz singled home a run with two outs in the sixth. The Cardinals added a pair of runs in the seventh with the help of two errors by the Reds, who lead the majors in fielding percentage. Wainwright pitched out of Cincinnatis best threat in the fifth, when the Reds got runners to second and third with two outs. He got Billy Hamilton on a called third strike to end the inning. Hamilton struck out four times against Wainwright on opening day and three more times Sunday, leaving him 0 for 7 with seven strikeouts and a walk off the right-hander. NOTES: The Cardinals return home for an afternoon game against the Yankees on Monday, with Michael Wacha (3-3) facing Chase Whitley (0-1). The Reds fly to Los Angeles for an evening game against the Dodgers, sending Cueto (4-3) against Hyun-Jin Ryu (4-2). ... Wong extended his hitting streak to seven games. ... C Yadier Molina got a day of rest. ... OF Peter Bourjos was better, but still out of the lineup a day after he got a stomach virus. ... RHP Mat Latos made his first rehab start for Triple-A Louisville on Sunday, allowing three hits and two runs in four innings. The Reds want him to make at least two more starts in the minors. ... RF Jay Bruce went 1 for 12 with seven strikeouts during the series, which marked his return from torn knee cartilage. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: anyela
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3854 Themen und 3894 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen