and a third-round selection

in TS-Server 18.11.2019 03:09
von jinshuiqian0713 • 1.130 Beiträge

SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- Canada played to expectation up until halftime. After that the game belonged to the upstart Americans. Brett Thompson scored a try in the 68th minute and Chris Wyles got a successful conversion to lead the United States to a 38-35 comeback win over Canada on Saturday in a Pacific Nations Cup mens rugby match at Bonney Field. It was the first time the U.S. had beaten Canada since 2009. Canada, which led by 10 at halftime, tried in desperation to get a try in the last two minutes of the contest, but the U.S. defence met them at every turn. "I think we were doing well up until then, but then we started playing poorly," said Canadas coach Kiernan Crowley. "We didnt make any tackles and you cant afford to do that and we cant afford to give away the amount of penalties that we gave away. It was just a pretty poor performance by us." Harry Jones led Canada with two tries, while Aaron Carpenter, James Pritchard and Ciaran Hearn each scored one. Pritchard added four conversions. Blaine Scully led the Americans with two tries. Danny Barrett, Wyles and Thompson scored the others. The U.S. made three conversions and Wyles had four off of penalties. The U.S. jumped out to an early 3-0 lead in the first half with a penalty kick from Wyles, and he added another moments later to make it 6-0 when Canadian scrum half Phil Mack was issued a yellow card. But Canada came back to lead 7-6 on a try from Jones and a conversion from Pritchard. Canada scored twice before the end of the first half and led with a 28-18 margin. Carpenter drove over the line with a powerful pick-and-go to bring the game to 18-14 before Pritchard dove on a DTH van der Merwe chip kick for Canadas second score before halftime. "They were scoring off our mistakes," said U.S. centre Folau Niua. "They attacked us really well on turnovers. But what I like is that we didnt panic. Our captain gave us a few words and that was to play together." Canada picked up where it left off, striking early on Jones second try of the night for a 35-18 lead at the 43rd minute of the second half. The Americans mounted their comeback by scoring the next 10 points before retaking the lead. Both teams played with intensity around the goal-line in the last two minutes of the match. But it was the U.S. defence that conquered the moment, which ended with Scully recovering a turnover and Niua kicking the ball out of play to end Canadas effort. "We werent clinical enough, its as simple as that," said Pritchard. "We gave away too much ball, werent strong in the tackle areas and our tackling was weak. There was a second-place finish in the PNC up-for-grabs and there were times throughout the game that we could have put them away and in front of their home crowd they fought back." Attendance at Bonney Field was sold out at 7,804 spectators. Kelly Gruber Jersey . Hoefl-Rieschs exit — from the downhill course into safety nets, then airlifted from the slope by helicopter — left Anna Fenninger of Austria favourite to win her first giant crystal trophy one month after becoming an Olympic champion. Dave Winfield Jersey . As future stars prepare to make the big leap to the professional ranks, TSNs Draft Week delivers wall-to-wall coverage of both the NHL and NBA Entry Drafts, highlighted by exclusive live coverage of both events. https://www.cheapbluejays.com/2066h-hect...lue-jays.html.Y. -- Dallas Stars coach Lindy Ruff had an opportunity to experience an entire range of emotions in his first trip back to Buffalo to face his former team. Derek Fisher Jersey .Dawson also birdied two of the last four holes to reach 12-under 132 on TPC San Antonios AT&T Canyons Course. He won his only title in a PGA Tour-sanctioned event in 2002 in the Web.com Tours LaSalle Bank Open.Im not going to lose any sleep, believe me, Dawson said. I used to be a perfectionist, but my attitude now is to play like Im in the pro-am. John Olerud Blue Jays Jersey . These days, just about anyone can get a taste of the friendship that has blossomed between All-Star Kevin Durant and Oklahoma City Thunder teammate James Harden, most famous in the past two weeks or so for the elbow to the head he took from the Los Angeles Lakers Metta World Peace.Rostislav Klesla will not be joining the Buffalo Sabres. The 31-year-old defencemen was traded from the Washington Capitals alongside goalie Michal Neuvirth to the Sabres for goalie Jaroslav Halak and a third-round selection on Trade Deadline day. Klesla was traded the day before from Phoenix to Washington. "With all due respect to the Sabres organization, I decided this week not to continue playing hockey this season. It has been a tough year for injury and moving several times to new teams,” Klesla said in a statement. &lddquo;I will now take some time off and get ready to continue my career in Europe.dddddddddddd I would like to thank my fans and all the people that have helped me. I am grateful for the career I have had in the NHL and all the people that I have met along the way who have supported me and my family." In 25 games with the Coyotes this season, Klesla had one goal and three assists with a minus-3 rating. If this is the end of Kleslas time in the NHL, hell have finished with 48 goals and 111 assists in 659 career games. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: anyela
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3854 Themen und 3894 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen