Jimenez had two bogeys and eight birdies

in Einbürgerung 18.11.2019 08:57
von Cl11234566 • 405 Beiträge

MINNEAPOLIS - Injured Blue Jays outfielder Melky Cabrera underwent surgery last week to remove a benign tumour from his back. With the diagnosis and subsequent procedure, from which relatively minimal recovery time is required, the club believes it has the answers to Cabreras lack of mobility in left field and to the pain and weakness he was experiencing in both legs. "I hope so," said general manager Alex Anthopoulos. "You can never, I guess you go with the training staff and the medical staff and they feel pretty confident its tough to play with something like that. I wonder how much it really bothered him when he was playing. We would have to force him to go get treatment on his legs. He didnt want to go in there." Through the season, Cabrera had complained of tightness in his hamstrings. He spent three weeks on the disabled list, starting in late June, with tendinitis in his left knee. Wanting to play, not given to making excuses, Cabrera didnt divulge the pain he was experiencing in his back until after he went on the disabled list for a second - and final - time this season. Then, tests found the tumour. The mass, a fair size lump located in the L1 lumbar vertebrae, had been growing for an indeterminate amount of time. What the medical community understands well, however, is that tumours dont stop growing. Its a good thing Cabrera spoke up; otherwise, the mass would eventually have wrapped itself around Cabreras spinal cord, causing all sorts of negative health effects and making removal complicated. Cabrera should be healed from the surgery within a couple of weeks and the Blue Jays expect him to report, in good health, to spring training in February. "I think it will make a world of difference," said Anthopoulos. "Even, again, the way he looked early in spring, I thought he swung the bat well and moved really well. It didnt make any sense for a guy who was playing centre field quite a bit to all of a sudden have the weakness in his legs that he was having." Cabrera, 29, had a slash line .279/.322/.360 with three home runs in 88 games. He signed a $16-million, two-year contract in the offseason, coming off a 50-game suspension for performance enhancing drug use as a member of the San Francisco Giants. The medical community doesnt link benign masses to steroid use. There have been malignancies linked to performance enhancing drugs. Anthopoulos and manager John Gibbons both applauded Cabrera for attempting to play through his ailments. For now, in the early days of recovery, Cabrera rests. "When it first came up he was scared, like anybody would be," said Anthopoulos. "You dont know. But now, I think overall, knowing the fact hes going to recover and going to be fine … I think hes just relieved he knows he going to be fine." Wholesale Air Max 90 White . -- Alex Anthopoulos spoke volumes with what he didnt say on right-hander Ervin Santana. Air Max 90 Gray Black . Formula One Teams Association secretary general Oliver Weingarten says the organization collapsed over unpaid subscription fees and a failure to strike an agreement for 2014 with all 11 teams. http://www.outletairmax90cheap.com/outle...-cheap.html.com) - Stephen Currys jumper with 3. Air Max 90 Essential White . The 36-year-old Colts receiver is going back to the playoffs as a division champion. Air Max 90 Mens Outlet .K. Subban has picked the right time of the year to go on an offensive tear.ZANDVOORT, Netherlands -- Nearly two decades after winning this tournament for the first time, Miguel Angel Jimenez of Spain took the lead on the opening day of the KLM Open on Thursday, taking advantage of relatively benign conditions to shoot a 6-under 64. The 1994 champion, Jimenez had two bogeys and eight birdies, including holing a wedge from 40 metres at the 16th for birdie followed by another birdie on the 18th to give him the outright lead at the Kennemer Golf and Country Club. Jimenez, the oldest player in the field at 49, said he would like to add another Spanish name to the trophy come Sunday. "t;Seves first win on the European Tour was here in 1976, and Jose Maria (Olazabal) also won here in 1989, so hopefully I can win here, too.dddddddddddd. That would be fantastic," he said. Robert Allenby and Gary Orr were among a group of six players one back on 5 under on the Dutch North Sea coast. Scotsman Orr said he enjoyed playing on the seaside course. "Kennemers special," he said. "Its a real old-style golf course. Youve got to put it in the right spots on the fairways and especially the greens. But I like the challenge, its a pleasure to play courses like this." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: anyela
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3854 Themen und 3894 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen