going to be able to help us a lot

in Rebellen 21.11.2019 03:25
von Cl11234566 • 405 Beiträge

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Chris Sale knew he had to pitch his best Sunday with James Shields starting for the Kansas City Royals. "Indubitably, yes," Sale said. "You know what youre getting with a starter like James. You have to bear down and do it." Sale gave up four singles in eight scoreless innings as the Chicago White Sox defeated the Royals 5-1 in a pitching duel between top starters. Alexei Ramirez and Tyler Flowers each drove in a pair of runs as the White Sox won the series finale after dropping the first two games. Sale (2-0) struck out six and walked one. In his previous four starts against the Royals, the White Sox had backed him with one run, enough to beat James Shields 1-0 in the 2012 opener. "There was an energy to Chris coming off the mound," White Sox manager Robin Ventura said. "Big pitchers do that when you face up against a guy like Shields. He knows weve lost three in a row and hes going up against Shields and he wanted to go out and shut them down." Shields (0-1) took the loss in this one, too, giving up a run on five hits, striking out six, walking none and hitting two batters in seven innings. "What we saw out there today was two No. 1 starters that were at the top of their game," Royals manager Ned Yost said. "Both of them had their A-game on the mound. Thats as good of stuff as Ive seen James Shields have. He had everything working, his fastball at 94-95, a great cutter, a great change, a great curveball. "Sale was right there with him. He has everything going. Both starters just pitched a great game, both of them." Ramirezs drove in the games first run in the seventh when Royals shortstop Alcides Escobar knocked down his grounder but had no play for Conor Gillaspie at home. Sale allowed a runner past second only in the third inning, when Lorenzo Cain and Omar Infante singled and Ramirez committed a throwing error. Sale wiggled out of trouble by retiring Danny Valencia on a pop up. Cain had two of the hits off Sale. The White Sox scored four runs in the ninth off Royals left-handed relievers Tim Collins and Francisley Bueno. The inning included a Flowers two-run single and an RBI double by Ramirez. Alex Gordon singled home Eric Hosmer in the ninth off Matt Lindstrom for the only Kansas City run. The Royals won their first replay challenge of the season when Marcus Semien was ruled safe at first, but it was overturned on a review that took 68 seconds. White Sox manager Robin Ventura challenged that Hosmer was out at first to complete a double play in the sixth, but replays indicated he was safe. Plate umpire Greg Gibson issued a warning to both benches in the sixth when Infante had to jump out of the way of Sales pitch way inside after Shields had hit two batters, including Jose Abreu in the top of the inning. "Im not trying to hit Abreu right there, theres no doubt it," Shields said. "Weve got a zero-zero ball game. Im not trying to put a runner on base. There was definitely no intent. I understand they are trying to protect their players over there, but in that situation Im not trying to hit him. I dont think theres any reason for any retaliation at all." Notes: White Sox 2B Gordon Beckham, who is on the disabled list with a left oblique strain, has been shut down after one game from a minor league rehab assignment with Double-A Birmingham, still feeling tenderness when he swings. . The White Sox starting lineup Saturday included four Cuban-born players: C Adrian Nieto, RF Dayan Viciedo, SS Alexei Ramirez and Abreu. The last team to start four Cubans were the Indians on April 8, 1969 -- SS Zolio Versalles, RHP Luis Tiant, CF Jose Cardenal and C Joe Azcue. .The Royals will start LHP Jason Vargas against Tampa Bay on Monday, while the Rays probable is LHP Matt Moore. .The White Sox will start RHP Felipe Paulino for the series opener at Colorado. RHP Jordan Lyles will be the Rockies starter. Cheap Nike Shoes From China . His actions are much louder on the Fenway Park mound. De La Rosa had another strong home start, going seven solid innings to lift the Boston Red Sox to a 2-1 victory over the Kansas City Royals on Saturday night. Cheap Nike Shoes For Sale . 1. Did the Senators trade the wrong goalie? Lets make one thing clear: The Ottawa Senators acquired Ben Bishop from the St. Louis Blues for one reason and one reason alone. https://www.wholesalenikeshoesauthentic.com/. Ferrer, the two-time defending champion in Buenos Aires, is aiming to win his 21st ATP tournament. Ferrer will next face fellow Spaniard Nicolas Almagro, the fourth seed, who defeated Jeremy Chardy of France 7-6 (7), 6-3 in another quarterfinal match. Wholesale Nike Shoes . Authorities in Medina, Minn., released the details one day after Cunningham was jailed for another alleged incident with the woman he had been living with for the previous eight months. Cunningham had already been charged with felony domestic assault for allegedly choking the woman last week. Nike Shoes Sale . The 22-year-old slugger, who is no stranger to adversity, made up for it at the end. DUNEDIN, Fla. -- Given a day to prepare, prized Houston infield prospect Carlos Correa delivered in a big way. Told that he would start, the 19-year-old Correa hit his first two home runs of spring training and led the Astros over the Toronto Blue Jays 7-5 Thursday. Manager Bo Porter told Correa, the overall No. 1 pick in the 2012 draft, on Wednesday night that he would be in the lineup. "A lot of time with young players, youll go up to them and tell them that, because you kind of want to see how theyre going to respond," Porter said. "And he responded the way you would want your player to respond." "The way he performed today was pretty impressive," he said. Correa and Jon Singleton connected off Blue Jays starter Esmil Rogers for back-to-back homers in the third inning. Correa connected again in the eighth, hitting a two-run drive to centre field off Neil Wagner. "I was just focused," Correa said. "He told me I was going to start today." "I came out here with the mentality to play hard, play the game the right way and do my best all the time on the field," the shortstop said. Porter said while Correa still has room for improvement, his work ethic has been outstanding. "Hes a focused individual," Porter said. "Hes one of the first ones to the ballpark, hes the last one to leave. His attention to detail is mature for his age, but thats why he plays the game at the speed he plays it -- because hes confident." Astros starter Dallas Keuchel yielded six hits and struck out two in four scoreless innings. The left-hander, who was 6-10 with a 5.15 ERA last season, has not allowed a run in three starts this spring. Anthony Gose finished 2 for 2 with a triple and double, and scored three runs for Toronto. Edwin Encarnacion, Adam Lind, Melky Cabrera and Dan Johnson also doubled for the Blue Jays. STARTING TIME Blue Jays: Rogers, a candidate for the fifth spot in Torontos rotation, allowed four earned runs, walked two and struck out six in three innings. Rogers struggled with command of his changeup, which led to Singletons home run. "The only way I can get better is when I pitch and throw the changeup," he said. "I just have to make my pitches and work a little bit more out of the stretch and try to get my command out of the stretch because Im a little quick when I have runners on base." Astros: Keuchel said throwing against high wind gusts was tough, but he was happy to keep solid command on all of his pitches. "Always got to be a little happy with throwing up some zeros, but that wind was kind of a challenge there in the first inning," he said.dddddddddddd "You know, Im warming up in the bullpen and always getting loose and you never know how the wind is going to respond. But I think I had a little bit more movement on my two-seam and my changeup, so that was kind of nice," he said. TRAINERS ROOM Blue Jays: Manager John Gibbons said left-handed starter J.A. Happ (sore back) is scheduled to throw three innings in a minor league game on Friday in Dunedin. Astros: Top pitching prospect Mark Appel could make his first appearance of the spring next week. Appel, the first overall selection by Houston in last years amateur draft, underwent an appendectomy in January. Porter said reliever Jesse Crain (right biceps surgery) is continuing to make progress in the organizations training program and his arm strength is increasing. The right-hander had an 0.74 ERA in 36 2-3 innings with the Chicago White Sox last season. He was traded to the Tampa Bay Rays in July, but did not pitch because of the injury. RIGHT ON Porter said L.J. Hoes is still in the mix for the starting spot in right field despite a hip injury early in camp. George Springer, Marc Krauss and J.D. Martinez also are in contention. Porter said Hoes, acquired from the Baltimore Orioles at the trade deadline last season for right-handed starter Bud Norris, played well enough down the stretch to get a look this spring. "Hes got about two weeks to get ready for opening day," Porter said. "L.J. is a guy thats always gotten on base (and) has great minor league numbers. He came here last year and was a great asset to our ballclub the second half of the season and we believe hes going to be able to help us a lot this year." Hoes started in left field against the Blue Jays. He began a relay in the first that nabbed Jose Bautista at the plate when the slugger attempted to score from first base on a double by Edwin Encarnacion. MELKMAN IN THE MIDDLE? Blue Jays outfielder Melky Cabrera could see time in centre field during the regular season now that he has fully recovered from complications stemming from a benign tumour, which was removed from his lower back last September. Gibbons said he will probably only use Cabrera there against a tough left-hander, or if Colby Rasmus needs a day off. "Thats where he played today and he played there in Lakeland the other day and did a nice job," Gibbons said. "He only got a couple balls, but hes done it before. When he came up with the Yankees, he played centre field and he played it in Kansas City and played it very well." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: anyela
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3854 Themen und 3894 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen