Cilic has withdrawn from the

in Fragen & Antworten 22.11.2019 06:33
von Cl11234566 • 405 Beiträge

NEW YORK -- Boston pitcher Brandon Workman appealed a six-game suspension imposed by Major League Baseball on Tuesday for throwing near the head of Tampa Bay star Evan Longoria last week. Workman can play until the appeal process is complete, and was expected to make his scheduled start Wednesday night against the Cleveland Indians. The penalty, which also included a fine, was announced by MLB Senior Vice-President Joe Garagiola Jr. Workmans high-and-tight pitch came after the teams had been warned about further trouble. "That was ascertained in the video. Thus, I think thats appropriate," Rays manager Joe Maddon said before Tuesday nights game at Miami. Red Sox first baseman Mike Carp was hit on the arm Friday by a fourth-inning pitch from Tampa Bay ace David Price, who also plunked slugger David Ortiz on the hip in the first inning -- triggering umpires to issue warnings to both teams. The fact Workman was disciplined and Price wasnt did not sit well with the Red Sox and Ortiz in particular, who again criticized the Rays ace prior to Tuesdays game against the Indians. "I dont think what theyre doing is fair," Ortiz said. "I think the rules should be for everybody. We didnt start this up. I didnt hit nobody. Workman didnt hit anybody in the first inning. He did." Ortiz was critical of Price following that game and didnt back down from those comments Tuesday when news of Workmans suspension reached Bostons clubhouse. "Im not going to get hit again," Ortiz said. "Not by him. He did it on purpose. He punked me and thats very disrespectful. Im a grown man. Ive been around the league for a long time and I know how to take care of business on my own." Said Maddon: "Papi and I have had a pretty good relationship in the past. Sometimes commentary oversteps and overreaches." "Id like to believe if he had more of an opportunity to think about it, he would respond differently. For us, its a dead issue. I want us to move it along and just play baseball," he said. Red Sox manager John Farrell, who was ejected from Fridays game, took a diplomatic approach. "All you can do is put forth your best efforts to state a case that we were directly involved with, and whats done is done," he said. "Theres an appeal thats going to take place. I know we presented our case in response to the discussions and what was being talked about with MLB." After being hit Carp glared out at the mound, shouting and pointing at Price, but was restrained by Rays catcher Jose Molina as players from both teams charged out of the dugouts and bullpens. There was some pushing and shoving, but no punches were thrown. Workman threw a high pitch in the sixth behind Longoria, who was visibly upset. Longoria and Boston catcher A.J. Pierzynski had a conversation at home plate, and a handful of players from both dugouts ventured a few steps onto the field, but no trouble ensued. Workman was ejected. Byron Scott Lakers Jersey .B. -- Canadas Rachel Homan had ideal preparation for the playoffs at the Ford World Curling Championships with a pair of hard-fought wins over tenacious opponents Thursday. Kobe Bryant Lakers Jersey . McCutchen hit his first home run in over a month, doubled twice and scored two runs to help the Pirates beat the Los Angeles Dodgers 5-3 on Sunday and take three of four from the defending NL West champions. https://www.lakersjerseycheap.com/1171j-...sey-lakers.html. And fellow Leaf, Jake Gardiner, hiking in Whistler. DeMarcus Cousins Jersey . According to a report from ESPN, the veteran safety has signed another one-year deal with the team Raiders, the team that drafted him, and who he returned to last year after a long stint with the Green Bay Packers. Magic Johnson Jersey . Trailing 4-1 in the final set, Sharapova steadied her erratic service game and took command again to beat the 56th-ranked American 6-1, 4-6, 6-4 on clay at the Magic Box tennis centre. The ninth-ranked Russian looked to be cruising before McHale broke late in the second set to tie the match and then took her commanding lead in the final set after breaking Sharapova.Brisbane, Australia (SportsNetwork.com) - U.S. Open champion Marin Cilic has withdrawn from the 2015 season-opening event in Brisbane for unspecified medical reasons. Cilic won four events in 2014, including his first career Grand Slam title when he topped Kei Nishikori in the final at Flushing Meadows. Australian Marinko Matosevic will replace Cilic in the Brisbane draw.dddddddddddd Very sad I had to withdraw from @BrisbaneTennis tournament, wrote Cilic on his Twitter feed. At least happy for my friend #matosevic who got in instead of me. The Brisbane International is set to begin Sunday. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: anyela
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3854 Themen und 3894 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen