him and managed the game

in Donator/ Staatsanleihen 23.11.2019 06:47
von Cl11234566 • 405 Beiträge

SONOMA, Calif. -- Tony Stewart was running lap times about a second faster than expected at Indianapolis Motor Speedway when a blown tire caused him to wreck this week in a Goodyear test. Goodyear officials said Stewarts accident 17 laps into Tuesdays 20-lap run was the only incident of the two-day test. The three-time NASCAR champion wasnt injured. "Our test speeds were extremely fast at Indianapolis," Greg Stucker, Goodyears director of racing, said in a statement Friday. "Tony was approaching the end of a very strong 20-lap run, with his lap times as much as a second faster than what has become the norm at Indianapolis at that point of a run. "It appears that increased, sustained speed over that run generated a significant amount of heat, which eventually caused the right-front to go down." Stewart wasnt upset with Goodyear over the incident, which he said "destroyed the car, so it was a good hit. "I am not really sure what the cause of it was, but thats part of tire testing," Stewart said. "Thats why you go to the test. Im sure theyll learn something from it and well go on." Joey Logano was one of six drivers at the test and said Stewart easily had the fastest car at Indy. Also at the test were Greg Biffle, Clint Bowyer, Kyle Busch and Ryan Newman, the defending race winner. Stewart, an Indiana native, has two Brickyard victories and puts a huge emphasis on the July race. Following Stewarts tire failure, Logano said Goodyear made adjustments "to figure out a way to knock some speed out of these race cars." Teams were given a different left side tire to use and will wait to see what Goodyear decides to bring for the race. "I know when we left they were going to go back and discuss where they wanted to be, but I think theyre going in the right direction on making sure they have the security in the tire, making sure its safe," Logano said. "Its definitely a very big challenge when you come to a race track and you go faster and youre already on edge. Youve got to come back with something thats even more durable and thats hard." Indianapolis has been a difficult track for Goodyear, and the tire brought to the 2008 race was not durable enough to make it more than a dozen or so laps. NASCAR was forced to call a caution roughly every 10 laps to force teams to change tires. "The thing about Indianapolis is the tough conditions the cars and the tires have to endure," Stucker said. "The surface is very abrasive, the long straightaways and short chutes are fast, cornering is tough with very little banking. Combine that with this new car package, and youve got conditions that put a lot of stress on the tires." Custom Oakland Athletics Jerseys . It was the start of one nice night for the goalie and the Minnesota Wild. Backstrom made 33 saves in his first win of the season and the Wild defeated the Chicago Blackhawks 5-3 on Saturday in a rematch of their first-round playoff series. Custom Detroit Red Wings Jerseys . While he was away, it was the division-rival Baltimore Orioles conducting a little business of their own, scooping up Ubaldo Jimenez on Monday evening to a reported four-year, $50-million contract. https://www.cheapcustomjerseysonline.com...i-heat-jerseys/. The Yankees made the moves before Tuesdays game against Baltimore. Robertson was listed retroactive to Monday. Robertson posted two saves in three games as the replacement for retired Yankees closer Mariano Rivera before getting hurt. Custom St. Louis Cardinals Jerseys . A 19-game winner with the New York Yankees in both 2006 and 2007, Wang spent most of this year at Triple-A for the Yankees and Blue Jays. The 33-year-old right-hander was 1-2 with a 7. Custom Wales Jerseys . The Brad Jacobs team from Sault Ste. Marie, Ont., advanced to Fridays championship game with a 10-6 win over Chinas Rui Liu in the semifinal.EDMONTON -- Edmonton Eskimos quarterback Mike Reilly said Tuesday he will start Saturday against Saskatchewan, and dismissed suggestions the team rushed him back too quickly last week from a concussion. "Being a competitor and a guy that loves the game and tries to play with as much passion as you can, you dont ever want to come off the field," Reilly said after practice at Commonwealth Stadium. "But at the same time, Im not an idiot. Ive looked at what has happened to guys that have come back too early (from concussions). Ive seen the newspaper articles about guys committing suicide, having issues with concussions down the road. "As much as I love this game, Im not going to put myself in a bad position." Reilly was concussed on Sept. 28 when he took a pile-driving helmet-to-helmet blow to the back of his head against the Toronto Argonauts. Four days later, he was cleared to practice, and three days after that he was starting against the Montreal Alouettes, despite criticism from fans and media that he was being rushed back in a futile attempt to salvage a lost season. Those fears were stoked when the Eskimos ran essentially a Reilly-lite offence in the loss to Montreal, abandoning his successful scrambling style to keep him in the pocket to throw quick "one steamboat" passes and avoid contact. Reilly said he understood the skepticism, but said a battery of tests from Eskimo and third-party doctors convinced him he was OK. "It was just very difficult for people to really believe that within seven days I was ready to play," he said. "Im not going to put my career in jeopardy for one game. "But if Im ready to play -- and I knew that I was -- and all the proper protocols were passed and Im medically cleared to play, then Im not going to take myself off that field because that sends the wrong message about the way that I play. "It (also) sends the wrong message to my teammates and to the fans that weve given up -- and thats simply not the case.dddddddddddd" The 3-11 Eskimos need to win their last four games and have Montreal lose their last four to win a cross-over playoff spot. Reilly was 13 for 21 for 180 yards and two interceptions before he was pulled at halftime against Montreal, with the Eskimos down 31-3. After the game, both Reilly and head coach Kavis Reed admitted to reporters the playbook was altered to keep Reilly away from contact. "We wanted to be very careful in how we used him and managed the game that way," said Reed at the time. "Play-calling wise we wanted to make certain we didnt put him in a situation where he was exposed to protection breakdowns, like running the football and all those things." On Tuesday, however, Reed denied the game plan was adjusted to specifically keep Reilly out of harms way. "We made certain that we had a game plan that the ball was going to come out quickly from Mikes hand because we were playing a high-pressure defence," said Reed. "I said that we did things to get the ball out of (Reillys) hands quickly and to be responsible with our quarterback," he added when asked if he was misinterpreted by reporters. "That was the game plan. (It was) not because of concussion." Regardless, "One Steamboat" Reilly is no more. The quarterback confirmed from here on out the plan will be for him to roam, scramble and improvise. Football doesnt work any other way, he said. "If were going to design plays around the possibility of me getting hurt, I may as well just not play anymore," he said. "Every time you set foot on that field you understand youre at risk from an injury. But if youre playing with that in mind, you arent going to be effective in this league." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: anyela
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3854 Themen und 3894 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen