warmup game for the 2013

in TS-Server 27.11.2019 03:23
von Cl11234566 • 405 Beiträge

MONTREAL -- The Minnesota Timberwolves have been waiting for a player like Kevin Martin for a long time. Martins 21 points and five rebounds led the Timberwolves to a 104-89 victory over the Boston Celtics in NBA pre-season action Sunday night at the Bell Centre. "Hes a 20-point-a-night guy who showed throughout this pre-season what he can do," said Minnesota power forward Kevin Love of his teammate. "Its a really tough guard when you have a guy like Kevin Martin whos so fast and can get open, runs the break, can shoot the ball from distance. He only needs a split-second." Martin, who was traded to the Timberwolves in the off-season from the Oklahoma City Thunder, was lights out from beyond the arc, finishing five-for eight and scoring 15 of his 21 points from behind the three-point line. "I felt good. I got out there, had the team following, running offence," said Martin. "Offensively weve always been good with this system. Its easy to be good offensively." The Minnesota Timberwolves are averaging more than 100 points a game so far this pre-season. "In offence, we have enough talent to score," said T-Wolves point guard Ricky Rubio. "I dont think were going to have problems scoring points this season." Rubio led both teams with seven assists. After a 12-point Minnesota run early in the first quarter, Celtics coach Brad Stevens called a timeout to calm his teams nerves. The score was 18-7. Boston settled down and answered with a 9-0 run that saw Gerald Wallace, who ended the game with 16 points and three assists for Boston, score twice on quick breaks. The Celtics trailed 31-27 at the end of the quarter. The Timberwolves retained their slim advantage throughout the second quarter, and led 57-51 at the half. Wolves guard Love led all teams in scoring at the half with 16 points. Minnesota kept Boston at bay in the third with good three-point shooting by Martin. The T-Wolves, who shot an impressive 40 per cent from three-point range, led 81-72 at the start of the fourth quarter. Thats when Minnesota began pulling away. Led by bench-player J.J. Bareas six points, the Timberwolves outscored Boston 23-17 in the final quarter. "Were getting more acclimated with each other each day that goes by," said Martin. "Im very hopeful for the season. We have a good team here. We have high expectations for ourselves as a team. We expect to win games." With only one win in seven games, the Celtics, who are rebuilding for the future, now have the second-worst pre-season record in the NBA. They enter the season with neither Paul Pierce nor Kevin Garnett, who were traded to the Brooklyn Nets in a franchise-altering off-season deal. Point guard Rajon Rondo, who played with Pierce and Garnett for six years prior to the trade, missed Sundays game with a knee injury. Rondo underwent surgery in February to repair a torn knee ligament, and hasnt played since. Toronto-born rookie forward Kelly Olynyk had four points for the Celtics on 2-for-4 shooting in 19 minutes of playing time. "Its fun. Its an honour to play in front of your country. Its a special feeling," he said The seven-foot 22-year-old was drafted by the Dallas Mavericks this year, and was at once traded to Boston. The game was held in Montreal as part of the 2013 NBA Canada series. The Celtics first game of the season is against Toronto at Air Canada Centre on Oct. 30. The Timberwolves open their season at home against Orlando on the same night. Chris Bassitt Jersey . The San Angelo, Texas product, who was a high school and college quarterback sensation in the Lone Star State, will start his first CFL game with the Saskatchewan Roughriders (9-4) on Friday at Mosaic Stadium against the leagues top team, the Calgary Stampeders (11-2). Wholesale Athletics Jerseys .com) - The collective hearts of Chicago Bulls fans sank on Friday night when Derrick Rose went down with a leg injury against the Cleveland Cavaliers. https://www.cheapathleticsonline.com/. Englands only win in the four most recent trips north had been tight, and Scotland was expected after losing 28-6 to Ireland six days ago to show some venom against its archrival. Oakland Athletics Store .Y. Islanders 4Winnipeg 5 Dallas 2Nashville 3 Colorado 0San Jose 5 Edmonton 2---AHLProvidence 5 St. Johns 4 (OT)Chicago 6 San Antonio 2---NBACleveland 105 Toronto 101Portland 98 Detroit 86New Orleans 104 New York 93Oklahoma City 114 Milwaukee 101Memphis 114 Dallas 105Miami 103 Phoenix 97Utah 100 San Antonio 96L. Athletics Jerseys 2019 . Wilson hit Schenn from behind during Tuesday nights game in Philadelphia, earning a five-minute major for charging and a game misconduct. He has a phone hearing with the department of player safety, which limits any potential suspension to five or fewer games.OAKLAND, Calif. - More than worrying about the daunting task of trying to replace All-Star Josh Donaldson or dwelling on the shock of being traded from Toronto, Brett Lawrie is embracing the idea of staying healthy as he joins the Oakland Athletics.Bidding farewell to the Blue Jays unforgiving turf field could be a big benefit for his body moving forward, too.(It) treats my body kind of silly and throws it off, he said, noting now, Its grass and dirt. Im excited.Oaklands new third baseman was acquired in a trade from Toronto on Friday night that sent Donaldson to the Blue Jays. Also coming to the As in the deal were left-hander Sean Nolin, right-hander Kendall Graveman and minor league shortstop Franklin Barreto.Lawrie missed a call from Blue Jays general manager Alex Anthopoulos, then quickly called back to learn he had been traded.I was kind of at a loss for words to be honest with you. I didnt really know what to say, it happened so fast, Lawrie said. Its almost like I was dreaming.Lawrie wants nothing more than to stay on the field, and figures if that happens the rest will take care of itself. He acknowledges hes had his share of bad luck, and playing on turf didnt do him any favours as a player who is constantly moving and cutting.Give me 550 at-bats in a row. These are thinggs I havent had yet in the big leagues, he said.ddddddddddddHe didnt play again after Aug. 5 following a left oblique strain he suffered in his return after being sidelined for more than a month with a broken right index finger.It marked the third oblique injury of Lawries four-year career. He strained his left oblique in a warmup game for the 2013 World Baseball Classic in March 2013, missing the first 14 games of the season. Lawrie also missed almost a month with a right oblique strain in late 2012.The 24-year-old Lawrie, who grew up in British Columbia, has already been on the disabled list six times.For myself its about staying healthy and getting a substantial amount of playing time. Its a new chapter, he said. This is a team that likes to win. I havent been on that side of the coin. I am a big piece of this puzzle, I feel like.Lawrie was a first-round pick by the Brewers at No. 16 overall in the 2008 draft. Traded to Toronto in December 2010, Lawrie made his major league debut Aug. 5, 2011. He played 125 games in 2012 and 107 in 13 before this past season was cut short.Now, he is gearing up to be at full strength for the start of spring training in 2 1/2 months at Oaklands new Arizona home in Mesa.All signs point toward 100 per cent, Lawrie said. I feel great. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: anyela
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3854 Themen und 3894 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen