than myself and Sir Ian

in TS-Server 03.12.2019 02:56
von jinshuiqian0713 • 1.130 Beiträge

STERLING, Va. -- Washington Redskins owner Dan Snyder said Tuesday its time for people to "focus on reality" concerning Native American matters instead of criticizing the teams nickname. "We understand the issues out there, and were not an issue," Snyder said. "The real issues are real-life issues, real-life needs, and I think its time that people focus on reality." Challenged by those who consider the name "Redskins" offensive, Snyder and his staff recently travelled to Native American reservations and last month established a foundation to assist American Indian tribes. He had declined requests to answer questions about the foundation until Tuesday. Snyder has insisted he will not change the Redskins name, calling it a "badge of honour." He did not directly answer when asked to respond to those who say the foundation is a way of throwing money at the problem to placate critics. He instead cited the work behind the creation of the foundation. "I think it tells you that we did our homework -- unlike a lot of people," he said. The Oneida Indian Nation, which has been at the forefront of the push to change the teams name, said Snyder is the one who needs to come to grips with reality. "If Dan Snyder thinks it is acceptable for a billionaire to market, promote and profit off of a dictionary defined racial slur, then hes living in an alternate universe," Oneida spokesman Ray Halbritter said in a statement. "If he wants to focus on reality, heres a reality check: the longer he insists on slurring Native Americans, the more damage he will keep doing to Native American communities, and the more he will become synonymous with infamous segregationist George Preston Marshall, who originally gave the team this offensive name." Snyder rarely takes questions from reporters, and his brief remarks came after a ceremony at a local high school. The Redskins are donating $100,000 of the $1 million cost to refurbish the schools sports field. Asked about the Redskins splashiest off-season move -- signing free agent DeSean Jackson -- Snyder downplayed his role, distancing himself from his reputation of being actively involved in personnel decisions. "When you look at the fact that the head coach and the general manager said this is the right move, the only thing I can do is support it," Snyder said. "And thats what Ive done, and its been great. Ive spent a little time with him, and hes really a good guy." The Redskins lured Jackson from the NFC East rival Philadelphia Eagles, where the three-time Pro Bowl receiver was scrutinized for questionable work habits and off-field issues. Snyder said Jackson doesnt get enough credit for doing charity work. The owner also cant wait to see his newest acquisition on the field. "Thats going to be exciting -- and not just the two games against Philly," Snyder said. "We got tired of seeing him score a lot of touchdowns against us." Snyder was given a chance to address one other hot-button issue -- whether his relationship with franchise quarterback Robert Griffin III contributed to the tension between Griffin and coach Mike Shanahan last season. Snyder responded: "First of all, were moving forward. Were proud of our quarterback, proud of our head coach." The Redskins fired Shanahan at the end of the 3-13 season and replaced him with Jay Gruden. "Theres a lot of positive energy," Snyder said. "Its great to see, and everyones enthusiastic every day and we just need to translate that to the field." Cheap Nike Shoes Authentic . The Ravens werent about to let it happen again. Carleton picked up its fourth straight national mens basketball title, and 10th in the last 12 years, with a 79-67 victory over its crosstown rival on Sunday. Discount Nike Shoes . THE MICHAEL JORDAN FLU GAME First this famous basketball moment. The story goes like this. “Game 5, known as "The Flu Game", was one of Michael Jordans most memorable. https://www.wholesalenikeshoesauthentic.com/.J. Fair didnt have many chances to be the main option for Syracuse last season. Nike Shoes Sale . Golden States second straight road win wasnt painless. David Lee scored a season-high 29 points -- 13 in the fourth quarter -- and Nate Robinson added 17 points, leading the Warriors to a 105-95 win Tuesday night over the road-worn Cleveland Cavaliers. Cheap Nike Shoes Free Shipping . When the Dallas Mavericks needed to stop a Golden State rally in the fourth quarter, they looked for defensive help from the rookie point guard playing in just his sixth game.Bob Willis looks ahead to Englands second Investec Test against Sri Lanka in Durham on Friday, and says who he would pick in the absence of the injured Ben Stokes... I would go with Jake Ball. Weve seen Chris Woakes in the Test arena and, for my money, hasnt quite been good enough.The selectors would say Woakes is the nearest like-for-like replacement to Stokes. A better batsman than Liam Plunkett - who may have been considered - but not as good a bowler, in my opinion. Liam Plunkett (left) was possibly considered as a potential replacement for Ben Stokes He took only two wickets in the two Test matches he played in South Africa over the winter, but England are quite obsessed with a long batting order - he was also part of the win in South Africa and the selectors like to keep faith with people they know.England may also have thought about bringing Adil Rashid in, with him likely to be needed in Bangladesh and India this winter, but hell have needed his gloves up in Durham - I dont think its weather suited to leg-spin.Woakes does well for Warwickshire, takes wickets for fun in fact, and has captained them in Ian Bells absence, but with this series being played against Sri Lanka in late May and early June, it gives England an opportunity to look at someone like Ball. Chris Woakes took astonishing figures of 9-36 for Warwickshire in his most recent outing He was in the squad for the first Test so deserves the first opportunity and its not as if were playing Australia or South Africa, so I would bring Ball in for Stokes and move everyone up the batting order - Jonny Bairstow to six, Moeen Ali to seven.Bairstow said in interview at Headingley that he was perfectly comfortable batting at seven - he and Stokes are clearly given licence by Trevor Bayliss to play their shots, and thats the way he likes to play, but six would still be perfect for him. Jonny Bairstow is in great form with the bat, hitting 140 in the first Test at Headingley And it was only a few months ago that Moeen was opening the batting in the UAE, so theyd still have proper batting down the seven.ddddddddddddStuart Broad has got his confidence back as a batsman, although whether he has got his skill back is another thing. But theres nobody who is going to knock his head off in this Sri Lankan attack and hed be a perfectly adequate number eight.With the ball, I thought Broad was a little unlucky not to take more wickets at Headingley. He and James Anderson both bowled beautifully throughout and it could easily have been Broad the one who picked up 10 wickets in the match. Are Stuart Broad (left) and James Anderson (right) Englands best ever opening pair? As Steve Harmison said when joining us last week on The Verdict, theyre now the best pair of opening bowlers England have ever had.Better than myself and Sir Ian Botham; Fred Trueman and Brian Statham; Harmison and Matthew Hoggard - thats high praised indeed. But its hard to argue against as theyre approaching 800 wickets between them.Theyre phenomenal bowlers, particularly in English conditions. And without Tillakaratne Dilshan, Majela Jayawardena and Kumar Sangakkara - asking this Sri Lanka team to come and face the likes of Broad and Anderson, in May, is a bridge too far for most of them. They tried to attack, tried to defend, but whichever they did they couldnt cope with Englands bowling.Its not going to be 25 degrees so clearly the Sri Lankans wont be that comfortable, but weve had to play in Colombo in 40 degrees, so they have to play over here in just 10 degree weather in Durham.England have got all bases covered. I cant see things changing in the second Test.Watch England take on Sri Lanka in the second Investec Test at Emirates Riverside from 10am on Friday, live on Sky Sports 2 HD. Also See: Anderson takes 10 in England win WATCH: Players of First Test England fixtures/results Sri Lanka fixtures/results ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: anyela
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3854 Themen und 3894 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen