me today was not walking

in Downloads & Updates 04.12.2019 02:55
von Cl11234566 • 405 Beiträge

The last time the Toronto Maple Leafs lost at Air Canada Centre, a fan tossed a jersey on the ice in disgust. Theyve won all four games there since with a visit from the struggling New Jersey Devils up next. The Maple Leafs seek a fifth straight home win Tuesday night as they face the Devils for the first time this season. Watch the game live in Leafs region on TSN4 at 7pm et. The game can also be heard live on TSN Radio 1050 Toronto. Toronto (13-8-3) appeared lost during a recent three-game losing streak, falling 6-2 at Buffalo on Nov. 15 before a 9-2 thrashing at the hands of Nashville three days later. The teams performance against the Predators was so poor that a fan expressed dissatisfaction by throwing a jersey on the ice. That fan probably feels a whole lot better now, with the Maple Leafs going 4-0-1 and outscoring opponents 20-8 during four straight home wins. We still got plenty to work on, left wing Joffrey Lupul said. Obviously things are headed in the right direction, but we know what can happen if you get complacent. Lupul hasnt had that problem late, scoring three goals and assisting on another in two games. He tallied twice in Tuesdays 5-3 win over Dallas, but coach Randy Carlyle wasnt happy with Torontos sloppy play. Were going to take the two points, but we cant be happy with the sloppiness with which we played, Carlyle said. We cannot continue to play that style of game and think were going to have success. Also producing lately is center Tyler Bozak, who has five goals and three assists during a five-game point streak. He has four goals and one assist in his past seven games with New Jersey, scoring once in a 3-2 road defeat on March 23 that ended Torontos six-game winning streak in the series. The Leafs are 8-0-4 in their last 12 home matchups with the Devils (9-12-4), taking four in a row after winning 3-2 in a shootout on Jan. 12. On the injury front, forward Leo Komarov skated to day but will not play due to concussion-like symptoms while Daniel Winnik, who missed practice on Wednesday, is expected to play. New Jersey is trying to snap a season-high five-game slide (0-3-2) after falling 1-0 at Pittsburgh on Tuesday. The Devils may have suffered an even greater blow after Jaromir Jagr was hit by the Penguins Robert Bortuzzo late in the second period, forcing him to leave with an undisclosed injury. Jagr will not play tonight due to the flu and Patrik Elias is out with a groin injury. Bortuzzo was suspended for two games by the league for the hit, which was deemed late and violent for hitting Jagr in the head. Totally unnecessary, coach Peter DeBoer said. You know, if one of our guys had done that to (Sidney) Crosby thered be World War Four. Jagr leads the Devils with 15 points and replacing his production will be difficult for a team that ranks among the leagues worst with 2.28 goals per game. New Jersey has scored nine goals in its last five games, tallying four twice during that stretch while being shut out on two other occasions. The lack of offense only increases the pressure on Cory Schneider, who has lost his last four starts despite a 2.25 goals-against average. Hes lost his last two games at Toronto in shootouts, compiling a 1.39 GAA. Maple Leafs Lines Forwards van Riemsdyk - Bozak - Kessel Lupul - Kadri - Santorelli Winnik - Holland - Clarkson Booth - Smith - Panik Defence Phaneuf - Franson Gardiner - Holzer Rielly - Robidas Starting Goaltender Bernier Devils (22PTS) at Maple Leafs (29PTS) - 730PM TOR was 2-1-0 vs NJ last season, winning both in a shootout TOR has won 4 straight at home vs NJ TOR (13-8-3): 4-0-1 past 5 games, 23GF, 5/21 on PP won 4 straight at home, and 8 of past 10, 4 or more GF in 7 of the games Bernier (2-1-0) in career vs NJ, 1.89GAA, .938sv% (both wins in a shootout) Bozak (5G, 3A) 5 game PT streak NJ (9-12-4): 0-3-2 past 5 games, 9GF, shutout twice in past 4 games 1GF in their past 3 road games (0-3-0) 3 or fewer GF in 12 of their past 13 road games (3-9-1) Henrique (2A) past 3 games Schneider is 0-0-2 in career in TOR, 1.39GAA, .943sv% Jerry Coleman Jersey . The trade deadline is Monday, Mar. 2 at 3pm et/Noon pt. TRADES COMPLETED SINCE OCT. 1, 2014: Feb. 15, 2015 Toronto Maple Leafs acquire: F Olli Jokinen, F Brendan Leipsic, 1st Round Pick (2015) Nashville Predators acquire: D Cody Franson, F Mike Santorelli Feb. Ryan Klesko Jersey .com) - Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant combined for 51 points and the Oklahoma City Thunder took down the struggling Bucks 114-101 on Tuesday. https://www.cheappadresjerseys.us/733m-h...sey-padres.html. - Canadian tennis star Eugenie Bouchard has signed with WME-IMG, saying the sports management powerhouse will help maximize the value of my brand. San Diego Padres Store . However, Therrien added that Galchenyuks status for next Wednesdays game against the Detroit Red Wings is questionable. Galchenyuk has been out since Jan. 6 with a broken right hand. Alan Wiggins Jersey . There, I saw a teenaged boy with tears in his eyes, being consoled by strength and conditioning coach Randy Lee. PITTSBURGH -- Edinson Volquez couldnt seem to find the strike zone in the first inning of his start against the Philadelphia Phillies, throwing 11 of his 16 pitches for balls. After escaping the jam unscathed, he got some advice from pitching coach Ray Searage. The rest of the way went smoothly with Volquez allowing a run over seven innings, and the Pittsburgh Pirates beat the Phillies 3-2 Saturday. "He slowed me down," Volquez said. "I was too fast to the plate and everything was late with my hands to get the ball where I wanted." The adjustment worked. "I could see the strike zone a little closer to me and I felt like I could put the ball where I wanted," Volquez said. Andrew McCutchen hit a two-run homer in the first and Volquez (7-6) had an RBI groundout with the bases loaded in the second inning as the Pirates moved a season-high five games over .500 at 46-41. The Pirates couldve added to the 3-0 lead but Gregory Polanco Starling Marte each flew out with men on second and third. Volquez allowed four hits and walked four. He struck out five in his third straight win. "He battled," manager Clint Hurdle said. "It was a very, I thought, gritty performance by him today because he spent a lot of time out of the stretch again." McCutchen followed up Fridays game, when he was a home run shy of the cycle, with the big hit off David Buchanan. McCutchen connected to right after Polanco led off the home first with a single. McCutchen said it was nice to begin his day with a home run after he ended Friday with a ball that smacked the wall about 10 feet lower than necessary to clear it. "I got a little better swing on it," McCutchen said. "(I) got out in front of it a little more so I was able to get hands through the zone and put a little more backspin on it." Hurdle was pleased his team jumped on top early, similar to the way the Pirates scored four runs in the first inning Friday. "Its always nice to get in front," he said.dddddddddddd "It does give you a sense of momentum coming out of the chute." Philadelphia dropped a season-high 13 games below .500 at 37-50. "We havent been able to bounce back from being down early in the game," Phillies manager Ryne Sandberg said. "Its been different when weve scored early. Its something were going to have to try and do, score earlier in games." Buchanan (4-5) found his stride after the second and kept the Pirates at bay until he was lifted in the sixth. Philadelphias starter was charged with three runs and six hits and an intentional walk. "The biggest thing for me today was not walking anybody," Buchanan said. "If you throw strikes and make them put it in play then good things usually happen." Marlon Byrd stranded five men on base in his first two at-bats. He flew out in the first to leave men on the corners, then struck on four pitches to end the third with the bases loaded. Byrd homered off Pirates closer Mark Melancon in the ninth but even an attempt at starting a rally wasnt enough to appease the right fielder after his earlier at-bats. "I have to do a better job producing in the first at-bat, too," Byrd said. "Bases loaded and I struck out. My job is to produce." Melancon retired to next three batters he faced for his 16th save. Tony Watson worked a perfect eighth. Cody Asche homered in the fourth for Philadelphia against Volquez. NOTES Asches home run in the fourth inning snapped a 16-inning scoreless streak for Volquez. . In their last 14 starts, Pittsburghs starting pitchers have combined to post a 2.32 ERA. . Pittsburgh SS Jordy Mercer doubled twice and is batting .714 (10 for 14) in his last five games. . Pirates LHP Jeff Locke (1-1, 3.46 ERA) faces Phillies RHP A.J. Burnett (5-7, 3.92 ERA) when Pittsburgh and Philadelphia conclude their three-game series Sunday. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: anyela
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3854 Themen und 3894 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen