remained with the incarnation of

in Server 28.08.2019 04:21
von jinshuiqian0713 • 1.130 Beiträge

TORONTO -- She has successfully defended her Olympic gold medal and plans to compete in the 2018 Games, but Kaillie Humphries still has her sights set on achieving yet another goal in bobsleigh: having women take part in the four-man competition. Custom Brazil Jerseys . Humphries said she plans to make a proposal this summer to her sports international governing body. The Calgary athlete hopes to help lead the charge by seeking to train and compete with men as the pilot of a four-person sled. "Women dont have four-man -- yet," Humphries said in an interview Friday, sporting her gold medals from the Vancouver and Sochi Olympics. "Were in a situation where women for a lot of years in our sport have always been told that were not as good a pilot, or were not as strong. And I think were at a point where women are proving now that we are just as good.... Were competing on the same level. And so its got to start somewhere. "Were still very much an all-boys club, and were still fairly new," she added, noting that women first competed in Olympic bobsleigh at the 2002 Winter Games in Salt Lake City. "But at the same time, youve got the chicken and the egg. Youre not going to get more girls coming in unless you have more events. At the same time, theyre saying you cant have more events until you have more girls." Humphries said if women arent allowed to start competing in four-man bobsleigh, then maybe she can "join the guys." "Ill definitely have to have three men behind me in order to be competitive at all, but I feel like that could be a start and a step in a right direction towards encouraging women to come out to the sport, which will hopefully raise the profile a little bit more. And from there, we can hopefully get four-man started (for women)." The 28-year-old acknowledged that it will be an uphill climb, saying shell have to attend driving school and qualify "just like any other mens team would," adhering to both the Canadian system and international rules. "It will be a long process, it will be a hard one, one that I know Im going to get a few battles over and slack over for sure -- but one that Im willing to face. "I feel like Im a great person to at least get the ball rolling. Whether itll happen while Im still in sport, I dont know -- but its got to start somewhere." So could Humphries foreseeably see herself piloting both two-man and four-man sleds in the future? "I wouldnt go forward with it if I wasnt super passionate about it and didnt see it happening," she said. "Its just whether the federation and everybody else is ready for that to take flight yet. So thats what Ive got to do my best to convince people of." Humphries is still revelling in the golden glow of earning back-to-back Olympic titles with brakeman Heather Moyse of Summerside, P.E.I. The duo capped off their victory with yet another honour: being chosen as Canadas flag bearers for the closing ceremony. Humphries mom, Cheryl Simundson, was able to attend the Games as part of the "Thank You, Mom" program spearheaded by Procter & Gamble Co., which sponsors the bobsleigh champion. The program honours the role mothers play in helping children achieve their dreams. Simundson became emotional recalling the nail-biting two-minute wait to see Americans Elana Meyers and Lauryn Williams complete their run following the Canadian team. In the end, Humphries and Moyse eked out a victory by a tenth of a second. "We knew that it was close. We knew that they had finished their fourth run and that it was possible, that it was up to Elana to take it or lose it," Simundson recalled, as her eyes began to fill with tears. "It was all about consistency. At that moment, we knew that they had done their best." Humphries admitted the pressures were greater heading into the Sochi Games, but said she couldnt approach the event any differently than other competitions. "I try and keep all my races as simple as possible," she said. "I push as hard as I can and I drive that track the very best that I can, and all my energy and focus goes into that. "If I think about it as the Olympics and your life is built up to this, four years is about this moment its too much." As has become customary, the heavily tattooed athlete plans to add new ink in commemoration of her Sochi victory just as she did after Vancouver. She plans to have a design of her newest medal tattooed with art from Sochi blended into one piece. Despite thriving under the intense spotlight of competition, Humphries admitted carrying Canadas flag with Moyse at the closing ceremony was fraught with a fresh set of jitters. While no one offered any guidance on how to carry the colours, she recalled a tip she received from British flag bearer Lizzy Yarnold that didnt quite work out as planned. "She said: I think you wave it like a figure eight. So I started doing that as I walked out, and I started hitting other peoples flags and I was like: This is an epic fail. OK, dont do that. Thanks, Lizzy," Humphries recalled, laughing. Still, the moment in Fisht Stadium was one to remember. "To know that we had our whole country behind us that just completely supported us and to hear it and to feel it from back home ... it was unbelievable." Humphries said while her biggest goal now is "just trying to live in the moment," her plan is to compete at the 2018 Games in Pyeongchang, with hopes of once again piloting to victory -- and the top of the podium. "Of course, if Im going in, Im going all in, 100 per cent. It will be sights set on another gold medal. "I cant do things halfway because I know its going to be that much harder. I mean, two is hard, but three, its really unbelievable, and again, never been done." Fernandinho Brazil Jersey . Having won the first leg 1-0 in Barcelona, Madrid entered the match at the Santiago Bernabeu Stadium already in control and quickly sealed its place in the semifinals when Jese Rodriguez scored in the seventh minute. Marquinhos Brazil Jersey . However, it wasnt a problem on Monday night. Evgeni Nabokov made 23 saves for his 56th career shutout in the New York Islanders 3-0 win over the Detroit Red Wings on Monday night. http://www.soccerbrazilonline.com/Alisson-Copa-America-Jersey/ . Andrews, Scotland - Oliver Wilson fired a final- round, 2-under 70 on Sunday and he held on to win the Alfred Dunhill Links Championship by one shot.PHILADELPHIA -- Villanova coach Jay Wright believed his Wildcats had a chance to be good this season, thanks to the players chemistry. He just didnt expect them to be this good. Darrun Hilliard scored 19 points to lead No. 6 Villanova to a dominating 77-59 victory over Georgetown on Saturday, preserving the Wildcats hopes of a No. 1 seed in the NCAA tournament. JayVaughn Pinkston added 13 points, and James Bell and Ryan Arcidiacono had 11 apiece for the Wildcats (28-3, 16-2), who won their sixth straight game while tying the 2005-06 team for second-most wins in program history. Villanovas 16 Big East wins are the most in school history. "I dont try to predict our record but if someone forced me to, I never wouldve predicted 28-3," Wright said. Wright said the teams togetherness, which has been evident since preseason workouts in the summer, is a key to the Wildcats success. "Most of your teams that are good get along, but this is a really unique group," Wright said. "I think they are all really similar, and they do look out for each other. Its a pleasure to coach guys who love to play. They love to play together. It was really fun to be a part of that." Said Hilliard, "We just like each other, man. We dont have nothing against each other. Were really like brothers. We like talking with each other and enjoy being around each other, even off the court." The Wildcats team-first mentality showed against the Hoyas, as five players scored in double-figures. Bell entered Saturday averaging a team-best 15 points per game, which is unusually low for a team so highly regarded. "At the offensive end, theyre a very, very unselfish team," Hoyas coach John Thompson III said. "They drive, kick it to the person and that person can make a shot. They have several players on their team who would be the point person, the star on other teams. They have different players who can step up. I think their unselfishness is a key." The 18-point win marked the largest margin of victory for Villanova in a Big East game between the teams. Markel Starks scored 20 points for the Hoyas (17-13, 8-10), who are in jeopardy of failing to make the NCAA tournament for the first time since 2009. DVauntes Smith-Rivera added 14 points and Aaron Bowen had 13 for Georgetown. Georgetown needs a run in the Big East tournament to secure a fifth straight NCAA bid. The Hoyas, who are the No. 7 seed, open the tournament Wednesday night. "Well put all of our energy into getting ready for that first game," Thompson III said. "Well have to play better than we did today, significantly better." Villanova, meantime, is in position for a No. 1 overall seed in the NCAA tournament with a good run in the conferrence tournament. Fernandinho Jersey. . The Wildcats, who were helped by Kansas loss on Saturday, already have secured the Big East regular-season title and the top seed in the conference tournament. Villanova opens play in the Big East tournament Thursday. The Wildcats likely will field many questions about NCAA tournament seeding in New York, site of the Big East tournament, but Wright said the talk wont affect his players. "I dont think theres that much of a difference with a one and a two (seed)," Wright said. "Being considered up there is great, but its no concern for us. The Big East tournament will be fun." Bell added: "Our focus is always on the next game, the next day and just getting better period. The next day is just the next challenge. The next day is another chance to get better and thats what we have to deal with." Villanova, which led 42-29 at halftime, upped its advantage to 20 points when Arcidiacono made two 3-pointers on consecutive Villanova possessions to give the Wildcats a 55-35 lead with 13:02 remaining. The Hoyas never got it under double-digits the rest of the way. The Wildcats took control with a strong first half. Bells four-point play with 49.8 seconds left in the half gave Villanova its largest lead of the period, 42-27. Bell had 11 points in the half for the Wildcats, who shot 52 per cent from the field and 57 per cent from the arc in the opening 20 minutes. Bowen had nine points before the break to pace Georgetown, which battled foul trouble in the first half. Starks, who entered averaging a team-best 17 points per game, picked up his third foul with 6:40 to play before intermission. Jabril Trawick also had three fouls before the break. There were some hard fouls in this one that was reminiscent of the old Big East when these teams developed a fierce rivalry that has remained with the incarnation of the new basketball-only Big East this season. Smith-Rivera suffered an apparent head injury 43 seconds into the second half and walked groggily to the bench before returning minutes later. Villanovas Dylan Ennis limped off after going down hard with just over seven minutes to play. Neither team allowed the other easy layups in a game that featured 46 fouls. NOTES: It was the 73rd meeting between the teams, and the Hoyas now lead the series 42-31. ... The Wildcats improved to 39-33 all-time at the Wells Fargo Center, Villanovas off-campus home venue. ... Wildcats recruits Phil Booth and Mikal Bridges, who both signed National Letters of Intent with the school for next season, were in attendance. ... Villanovas previous largest Big East margin against the Hoyas was a 75-60 win on Feb. 5, 2004. The Wildcats largest-ever margin was 28 points -- 73-45 -- on Feb. 11, 1950. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: anyela
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3854 Themen und 3894 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen