. A three-point play by Perry Ellis

in Server 05.09.2019 05:49
von jinshuiqian0713 • 1.130 Beiträge

BAD GASTEIN, Austria -- Andrea Petkovic took another step toward a return to the top 10 of the WTA rankings by winning her second title of the season at the Gastein Ladies on Sunday. Deion Sanders Jersey . The 20th-ranked German, who played her first clay-court event since reaching the semifinals at last months French Open, beat Shelby Rogers of the United States 6-3, 6-3 to follow up on her victory at Charleston in April. "Its a super feeling, I am totally happy," said Petkovic, who reached a career-high ranking of No. 9 almost three years ago. "I want back into the top 10 and I am just playing good tennis. My serve and my footwork can still improve but I am playing well." Petkovic also won the event in 2009 for her first of four career titles, which have all come on clay. "I wanted this victory so badly," Petkovic said. "I am very relieved. Shelby played very aggressive tennis. I didnt know her game but Ive done some research on YouTube." Rogers, who came through qualifying and was ranked 147th, had not been beyond the second round of a WTA event before. The 21-year-old American from Mount Pleasure, South Carolina, hadnt beaten a top-50 player before but defeated No. 16-ranked Carla Suarez Navarro, No. 40 Camila Giorgi and No. 14 Sara Errani all in straight sets this week before going down to Petkovic. "I had an incredible time," said Rogers, who has won four events on the lower-tier ITF circuit. "This has definitely been a week I will never forget." Rogers broke Petkovics serve for an early 2-1 lead but the German immediately levelled the score. At 3-3, Petkovic took six straight games to win the opener and build a 3-0 lead in the second. Rogers closed the gap to 3-2 and then broke her opponent again when Petkovic was serving for the match at 5-2, but netted a backhand in the next game on the German players first match point. Roger Staubach Youth Jersey . -- Howie Kendrick had a two-run single in his first game batting leadoff this season, Chris Iannetta hit a pair of RBI singles and the Los Angeles Angels beat Cleveland 6-4 Tuesday night, sending the Indians to their fifth straight defeat. Randy White Cowboys Jersey .I dont think it comes to mind in this business, in this game, the Philadelphia Flyers forward said. You dont try to lose games. http://www.cowboysrookieproshop.com/Cowboys-Robert-Newhouse-Jersey/ . -- Canada played to expectation up until halftime. STILLWATER, Okla. -- Marcus Smart scored 20 of his 21 points in the second half to help Oklahoma State defeat No. 5 Kansas 72-65 on Saturday night and give a major boost to the Cowboys once-fading NCAA tournament hopes. Oklahoma State (19-10, 7-9 Big 12) overcame a 10-point deficit in the second half. The Cowboys improved to 3-0 since Smart returned from a three-game suspension for shoving a Texas Tech fan. Andrew Wiggins scored 15 points for Kansas (22-7, 13-3), which already had clinched the Big 12 title outright before tipoff because Texas and Iowa State lost earlier. The student section was filled nearly an hour before the opening tip. The crowd included Oklahoma City Thunder players Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook and their coach, Scott Brooks. Wiggins three-point play tied the game at 64 with just over 2 minutes to play. Kamari Murphys layup gave Oklahoma State a 66-64 lead with 1:37 remaining. Kansas Naadir Tharpe missed a jumper, and Murphy pulled in the rebound. Smart made a layup with 46.1 seconds left to push Oklahoma States lead to four, then he broke the press and hit another layup with 23.8 seconds to go to put the game out of reach. The Jayhawks led 26-25 at halftime despite 35 per cent shooting. Oklahoma State shot just 24 per cent in the first half but forced 11 turnovers. LeBryan Nash and Markel Brown scored ninee points each to keep the Cowboys in the game. Tony Pollard Cowboys Jersey. Smart had one point on 0-for-7 shooting. Wiggins scored five points in the half but committed two fouls. Brown hit a 3-pointer in the opening seconds of the second half to give Oklahoma State a 28-26 lead, but Kansas answered with a 3-pointer by Wayne Selden. Smart made his first field goal, a 3-pointer, with 17:46 to play. He drew the third foul on Joel Embiid with 14:19 to go and the Jayhawks up 38-36. Wiggins picked up his third foul 11 seconds later. Kansas responded with a run. With both freshman stars on the bench, Tharpe and Selden drained 3-pointers that put the Jayhawks up 46-38. A three-point play by Perry Ellis pushed Kansas lead to nine, and a pair of free throws by Wiggins extended the margin to 10 for the first time. Oklahoma State muscled its way back into the game with a three-point play by Nash and a long lob by Smart to Brown that cut Kansas lead to five and got the crowd back into the game. The Cowboys moved into the double bonus with 5:50 remaining, and Brown made two free throws to give Oklahoma State a 60-59 lead. Nash picked up his fourth foul with 4:35 remaining, but Smart calmed him down after Nash disagreed with the call. Wiggins picked up his fourth foul with 4:09 to play. Smarts 3-pointer with 3:44 left put Oklahoma State up 63-61. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: anyela
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3854 Themen und 3894 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen