Peacock did a great job

in Downloads & Updates 11.09.2019 02:51
von jinshuiqian0713 • 1.130 Beiträge

Canadian womens soccer team veteran Melanie Booth announced her retirement Wednesday, ending a career highlighted by a gold-medal win at the 2011 Pan Am Games and Olympic bronze the following year in London. Booth picked up 65 caps after making her national team debut in 2002 at the age of 17. She most recently played for Sky Blue FC of the National Womens Soccer League. "It just felt like it was my time to move on," she said in a phone interview from her hometown of Burlington, Ont. "I had been preparing myself for this and it seemed like it was the right time for me." Booth had one of the shootout goals in Canadas victory over Brazil at the 2011 Pan Am Games in Guadalajara, Mexico. Canada tied the game late in the second half and won 4-3 on penalty kicks. The veteran defender was initially listed as an alternate on the 2012 Olympic side but was later added to the team when injuries forced roster changes. "The hardest part (about retiring) is leaving the people that Ive been around for so long," she said. "Theyre like a second family to me." Although she never featured in London, Booth proudly stood on the podium with her teammates to receive their bronze medals after a 1-0 win over France at Wembley Stadium. "Just the group that I was with, I was just so thankful to be around them and to be a part of that team," she said. "Just throughout my whole career thats what I strived to do -- just to look for the positive in everything and use that as motivation and try to better the people around me." Of her 65 caps, 37 came as a starter. Her lone goal for Canada came in a 4-0 win over Jamaica at the 2006 CONCACAF Womens Gold Cup. Canada won silver at that tournament. Booth also helped Canada win silver at the FIFA U20 Womens World Cup in 2002 and the Womens Gold Cup that same year. The 29-year-old played college soccer at the University of Florida. She started her club career with the Toronto Lady Lynx and also played for the Vancouver Whitecaps. Booth joined Sky Blue FC as part of the NWSLs original national team player allocation process. "We all want to thank Mel for her contributions to Sky Blues inaugural NWSL season," Sky Blue FC coach Jim Gabarra said in a release. "Congratulations to Mel on a successful career and good luck in the next phase of life." Booth has yet to finalize her future plans but intends to remain involved in the sport in some capacity. Alvaro Morata Jersey . Jamies number grades given are out of five, with five being the best mark. Marc-Andre Fleury, Penguins (3) - Surrendered a tough first goal against on a deflection through the body short side. Olivier Giroud Chelsea Jersey . The Spanish champions decision not to sign a defender during the January transfer window may have backfired after Valencia took advantage of a lethargic, uninspired effort by its hosts at the Camp Nou, where former Spain coach Luis Aragones -- who previously coached the Catalan side -- was honoured after his death on Saturday. http://www.chelseafcproshop.com/Kids-David-Luiz-Jersey/. Alvarez hit his first career home run, pitched six innings and hurt his right hamstring while running the bases in the Miami Marlins 4-3 win over the Chicago Cubs. Marcin Bulka Chelsea Jersey .ca has you covered for whos in, whos out and what to expect from all 30 teams. Robert Green Jersey .200. His solution to his hitting woes was business in the front and a party in the back."That would be a mullet," Norris says.PHOENIX -- Working the black worked out nicely for Bronson Arroyo. Enticing Houstons aggressive hitters by throwing to the corners and out of the strike zone, Arroyo pitched seven strong innings to lift the Arizona Diamondbacks to a 4-1 win over the Astros on Tuesday. "These guys are really aggressive and young, so I dont think theyd change their approach that much," Arroyo said. "It allowed me to stay on the outer half and get a lot of groundballs." Arroyo (6-4) matched Houston starter Brad Peacock through seven innings before the Diamondbacks scored two runs off Josh Fields (1-4) in the seventh. Hill hit a sacrifice fly in the inning and Cody Ross knocked him in with a double to right-centre after an error by Astros shortstop Jonathan Villar. Hill added a run-scoring double in the eighth inning to put Arizona up 4-1. Paul Goldschmidt also homered and Addison Reed worked a perfect ninth for his 16th save. Arizona has won six of eight after its latest rally-from-a-slow-start game. "Weve been pushing on, guys staying with their approach," Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson said. "A lot of talking on the bench and weve made some adjustments in-game when weve had to." The Astros have been superb on the road over the past month, winning eight of their previous nine, including the series opener against Arizona Monday night. Houston had no answer for Arroyo, though, managing seven hits -- three of those by Jon Singleton -- while going 1-for-6 with runners in scoring position. "He was throwing the ball good," Peacock said. "Weve been doing a great job jumping on people, but hes one of the best starters in the game and we just couldnt get to him today." Arroyo has hit his stride since a spring-training back injury limited his effectiveness early in thee season.dddddddddddd The right-hander won his last outing, against Colorado last Wednesday, and has pitched well against the Astros, entering Tuesdays start 9-1 with a 2.05 ERA his last 12 starts against them. He laboured through the first two innings, working around six baserunners while throwing 42 pitches. The right-hander breezed through the next three innings before Matt Dominguez followed Singletons leadoff double by lining a run-scoring single through Arizonas drawn-in infield to tie the game at 1-all. Arroyo got some defensive help along the way, including a pair of strike-out, throw-out double plays and a nifty grab up the middle by Hill on a short-hop in the seventh inning. Arroyo allowed a run on six hits and struck out five. "Hes hitting his stride here, got on a pretty good roll," Gibson said. "He knows how to get guys out." Peacock won his previous three starts and was sharp in his first game against Arizona. Goldschmidt splashed a solo homer into the pool in right-centre off him in the first inning, but the right-hander allowed two more hits after that -- a pair of infield singles in the second. Peacock walked four and struck out three in six innings. "Peacock did a great job," Astros manager Bo Porter said. "Six innings, strong, he finally started to use the top of the strike zone, did a good job of keeping us right there." Notes: The Diamondbacks have hit a double in 23 straight games, longest since club-record 32-game streak in 2006. ... Peacock has pitched at least five innings and has yet to allow more than four runs in nine starts after opening the season in the bullpen. ... Houston LHP Dallas Keuchel will go for his team-leading eighth win of the season when Astros head home to face the Diamondbacks and RHP Brandon McCarthy on Wednesday. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: anyela
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3854 Themen und 3894 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen