longing to be a starter once more.

in Downloads & Updates 11.09.2019 02:52
von jinshuiqian0713 • 1.130 Beiträge

KRASNAYA POLAYNA, Russia -- Brian McKeever and Chris Klebl made sure Canada finished the Sochi Paralympic Winter Games on a high note. The cross-country skiers both won their races on Sunday, with McKeever taking the mens visually impaired 10-kilometre event before Klebl surprised the field with a stunning victory in the mens 10-kilometre sitting category. McKeever picked up his third gold medal -- and the 10th of his career -- at these Games, while Klebl won his first-ever Paralympic medal. The victories pushed Canadas overall medal count to 16, three shy of the 19 won at the Vancouver Games four years ago. More importantly, they moved Canada to third in the gold-medal standings, a stated goal that team officials set prior to the Paralympics. Russia topped the standings with an eye-popping 80 medals -- including 30 gold -- while Ukraine was second with 25 total medals. Germany was second behind Russia in the gold-medal count with nine. McKeever finished Sundays race in a time of 23 minutes 18.1 seconds, just 8.1 seconds ahead of Russias Stanislav Chokhlaev. He employed the same strategy with his guides that helped him win the 20-kilometre gold medal last week. With windy conditions starting to wear on guide Erik Carleton, Graham Nishikawa entered the race with about three kilometres to go to help seal the 10th gold medal of McKeevers storied career. "It was all on the guides today. They did such a great job with all the headwind," said McKeever. "There was so much wind out there today that just to be tucked in, I saved a lot of energy. By the time we got to the last lap there was still a little bit of gas left, just enough to get by." The 42-year-old Klebl won in a time of 30 minutes 52.0 seconds. Ukraines Maksym Yarovyi finished second at 31:06.5 and Russias Grigory Murygin skied to the bronze at 31:18.2. "It feels pretty good for sure," said Klebl. "I have exceptional skis for wet, sloppy conditions and today we got exactly those conditions. It just feels good. We prepare for this over and over and over again to try and get things to line up, and today it did." A three-time Paralympian, Klebl moved to Canmore, Alta. to join the Canadian team from the United States following the Vancouver 2010 Games. Also Sunday, para-alpine sit-skier Josh Dueck was chosen as Canadas flag-bearer for the closing ceremony. The native of Kimberley, B.C., won gold in the super combined and silver in the downhill in Sochi. Corentin Tolisso Jersey . -- Mississippi State was crushed twice by Florida last season, once by 35 points and the other by 25. Kylian Mbappe France Jersey .J. - Percy Harvin is ready to go, and theres no question in his mind hell be playing Sunday. http://www.nationalfrancesoccer.com/blai...-france-jersey/. Marian Gaborik had two goals and an assist and Martin Jones made just 17 saves to record his fourth shutout of the season as the Kings snapped a three-game losing skid with a 3-0 victory over the lowly Oilers on Thursday. Steve Mandanda Jersey . Pinch-hitter Tommy Medica singled in the go-ahead run in the eighth inning and the Padres beat the Seattle Mariners 2-1 in their first home game since Gwynn died of cancer Monday. Steven Nzonzi France Jersey . Bilbaos first victory in four rounds lifted it four points clear of Real Sociedad and kept it in command of Spains last Champions League berth for next season. In contrast, Betis was left 11 points from safety after a dismal performance that at times bordered on self-destruction amid some questionable refereeing decisions.DUNEDIN, Florida – Could it be? With the Blue Jays failure to land Ervin Santana and the continuing spring struggles, to varying degrees, of Esmil Rogers, Todd Redmond and J.A. Happ, Ricky Romeros name is being brought up on an increasing basis. Its getting lumped in with that large group competing for a job in the starting rotation. Manager John Gibbons was effusive about Romeros Wednesday performance, in which the former ace lefthander allowed one run over four innings of work. "All hes got to do is get it in the zone," said Gibbons. "That ball is moving every which way too. Its tough to square him up. If he gets in the zone, he makes them swing, you add that great changeup on top of that, thats where hes had his success. Where he ran into trouble he was just scattering it. He was walking guys, things like that. Hes getting in the zone now and thats the key." Baby steps, though. Romero did walk two batters and hit another. He was the beneficiary of a beautifully turned double play and of an outfield assist on a base hit by Jose Bautista, who threw out a runner at third. If Romero was to land the starting job, at this moment it seems remote, the Jays would likely begin the season with an eight-man bullpen. The fact Romero isnt on the 40-man roster works against him, performance over the last two seasons aside, but he is owed at least $15.6-million over the remaining term on his contract and the Jays would love to get some value for it. Romero has simplified his approach. "Like Ive told Kratz and Thole, the guys who have caught me the last two times, just set up down the middle and stuff will move," he said. "I feel like Im getting that movement back with the changeup and the sinker. There are going to be times when I come out of my delivery a little bit but I think the good thing now is that Im realizing when Im coming out of it. Its just slowing myself back down and my delivery is going to be key, just finding that rhythm." One noticeable difference from last season: when Romero talks about feeling good, feeling confident, his eyes and his body language emit the same. That hasnt been the case. "I definitely feel like its in the right direction and how can you not," said Romero. "Everything Ive been through, this feels good. Im not going to get ahead of myself or anything like that but its taking it day by day and working.dddddddddddd I think if I do that, just continue to work, work, and see the little wins each and every day and remain positive I think Im going to be just fine. The rest will take care of itself." Its a long road back to being the 15-game winner from 2011 and Romero may never regain his All-Star form. But hes trying. His manager hopes the crisis of confidence is a thing of the past. "Some guys never rebound from it," said manager John Gibbons. "What hes done here this spring, we noticed it, first started noticing it, just warming up in the bullpen, just throwing their sides and in BP, before we even started playing games, he looked different. Were all pulling for him here." McGowan feeling better Dustin McGowan threw two scoreless innings in Thursdays 7-5 loss to the Astros. It was his first game action in 10 days thanks to a stomach bug. It was the same illness that affected Sergio Santos earlier this month. "I lost eight (pounds,) exactly, too," said McGowan. "I think its the eight pound flu or whatever it was. Next time Sergio needs to stay home." After years of battling shoulder problems, McGowan made 25 appearances out of the bullpen last season, posting a 2.45 ERA while striking out, essentially, one hitter per inning pitched. Hes stretching out this spring, longing to be a starter once more. He felt no side effects from his sickness-induced layoff. "I felt good," said McGowan. "For me, thats the most important thing is feeling good. Pitches are starting to come around and location is starting to get better so its a positive outing today for me." McGowan seems to understand the unlikelihood that hell end up in the rotation, admitting "Its hard to say in my head Im going to be a starter but thats where I want to be." Still, hell continue to try to pitch deeper into games. "Ill keep going this path but if Im at four innings by the end of spring, if they want me in the bullpen thats easy to transfer right into," he said. "If you throw one or two, youre ready for it easily." Has he gained the eight pounds back he lost while sick? "You dont see this," joked McGowan, pointing to his stomach. "Ive got it." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: anyela
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3854 Themen und 3894 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen