Woods as the only players to win

in Fraktionen 15.09.2019 02:50
von jinshuiqian0713 • 1.130 Beiträge

TSN football analyst Chris Schultz is back with his Week 20 selections in the CFL. The Big Man finished 3-1 in Week 19, and sits at 53-24 on the season. Now Schultz is ready for more action. Ottawa Redblacks at Toronto Argonauts First things first, control what you can control, take care of business. All the clichés you have ever heard of in football will be heard and discussed all week with Argonauts football because before they can talk about playoffs, they must first beat the Redblacks. And all logic says they will. You know Ottawa will want to look at several players to assess their ability - that is a priority – which means at certain points Toronto can take advantage, expecting the basics of football as opposed to a specific game plan. If Toronto were to lose and have a losing record they really dont deserve to be in the playoffs. But, with a win, it transfers pressure on to Montreal and Hamilton in a big way. Ricky Ray may not play but urgency will be high in Toronto to win. Curiosity will be high in Ottawa to look forward to 2015. Argos. Calgary Stampeders at BC Lions The Lions have played Saskatchewan twice this year and split the series. Both are 9-8 losses but the Lions hold the tie breaker in head to head points. In their two meetings BC has scored 42 points, Saskatchewan 33. So if both lose, BC stays in the West and if both win, BC stays in the West. The Lions’ biggest challenge is to regenerate confidence in themselves. When you lose the way they lost last week, the video next day is more than difficult to watch, it is painful. You can learn and use it as an improvement tool but there comes a point in the next 24 hours you need to get it out of your mind. The Lions are a playoff team and will have a chance to win it all, but must remain confident. The 37-3 score is not an indicator of ability for BC, it just was a BAD day. That is how you must look at it after you learn from the pain of reviewing it. For Calgary, it is a blessing and a curse. First place, well deserved and well done. How do you stay healthy in a sport that is impossible to avoid that risk. After the Cornish moment I do think Calgary will be precautionary. BC. Montreal Alouettes at Hamilton Tiger-Cats This is 9-8 against 8-9 losses but the 9-8 team is on a roll. The Alouettes story reminds me of the BC Lions a few years back that lost just about every game in July and August and went on to win the Grey Cup. This is a bit of a Cinderella story of East success and must be very gratifying for Tom Higgins as a head coach and person. Yes, plenty of people to credit in association with the head coach but when you lose and are 1-7 you look at the head coach as the No. 1 reason and others are not discussed in detail. So now that the reverse has happened, well done Higgins, but it’s not over yet. In Hamilton, the Ticats scored on a turnover, short field, kick return, and two interceptions for touchdowns. And they took points off the board with an end zone interception. I know it’s a part of football and a skill in its own right but, again, two weeks in a row? Montreal. Edmonton Eskimos at Saskatchewan Roughriders It’s one thing not playing players to avoid risk when you have a bye week in between. With Edmonton already locked into playing the West semifinal at home, this game is dangerous in some respects. I think Chris Jones will give his starters some playing time, but only some. How long some is I dont know, but the Riders do have a chance to take advantage of a set of unique circumstances. If Darrian Durant is ready to play, wait for the playoffs. That’s all that matters in November. Roughriders. Darius Slayton Jersey . -- Joe Thornton scored the tiebreaking goal with 5:39 left in regulation to help the San Jose Sharks overcome a two-goal deficit to beat the Pittsburgh Penguins 5-3 on Thursday night. Phil Simms Youth Jersey .J. -- After getting permission from his 7-year-old daughter, New York Giants offensive lineman David Diehl has retired after an 11-year career that included two Super Bowl championships. http://www.giantsrookiestore.com/Giants-...ve-Jersey/.That sight softened the blow of what ended up as a 4-3 shootout loss to the Colorado Avalanche on Thursday night.Knowing their teammate was fine after a scary headfirst fall in the opening minute of the game helped calm the Maple Leafs. Carl Banks Giants Jersey . As the Winnipeg Blue Bombers opened their main training camp Sunday, Kuale is one of the newcomers brought in to bolster a sagging defence that ranked overall where the Bombers finished 2013, in the CFL cellar with a league high 585 points against. Harry Carson Womens Jersey . His chance at winning a Stanley Cup in Philadelphia is over. Same with Jeff Carter. And Brian Boucher. Throw in Ville Leino and Dan Carcillo.AUGUSTA, Ga. -- One after another, some of the worlds best players and favourites to win the Masters trudged up the hill on the opening hole to start their practice rounds. Phil Mickelson. Rory McIlroy. Adam Scott. It was typical of any Tuesday at Augusta National, except for the scoreboard to the right of where they were walking. The board has the names of all 97 players in the field, with blank boxes to put their scores when the tournament begins. On the far right side of the board is a list of this years noncompeting invitees. Tommy Aaron. Doug Ford. Tiger Woods. "Its a weird feeling not having him here, isnt it?" said Phil Mickelson, a three-time Masters champion and the chief foil for Woods over the years. "Hes been such a mainstay in professional golf and in the majors. Its awkward to not have him here. I hope he gets back soon. I hope hes back for the other majors. As much as I want to win -- and I know how great he is and tough to beat -- it makes it special when hes in the field and youre able to win." Woods hasnt been the same all year, even before back surgery last week. He is missing the Masters for the first time. His presence looms as large as some of the Georgia pines lining the fairways, though it will be forgotten when the opening shot is in the air Thursday, and a green jacket is awarded Sunday. Even so, Woods brings a buzz to any tournament, even at Augusta National. And this year, his absence has brought talk of the most wide-open Masters in nearly 20 years. Las Vegas has installed Scott and McIlroy as the betting favourites at 10-1, followed by Mickelson, Jason Day and Matt Kuchar at 12-1. McIlroy had his own version of a betting sheet on the table where he sat during his interview -- the tee times for the opening two rounds. Told that 97 players were in the field, the 24-year-old from Northern Ireland figured 70 had a chance to win. "Theres a few past champions that play that might not be able to compete. There might be a few first-timers or a few amateurs that wont compete," McIlroy said. "But then youve got the rest. Im just looking down the list here. Stewart Cink. Tim Clark. Ian Woosnam -- no." The room filled with laughter as McIlroy smiled and said, "Sorry, Woosie," referring to the 56-year-old former champion. "Youve got a lot of guys tthat can win, a lot of guys that have won PGA Tour events," McIlroy said.dddddddddddd "OK, were playing at Augusta. Because its the Masters and because its so big and so hyped up or whatever you want to say, you ought to remember that youre still playing against the same guys you play with week in and week out. "Ive beaten them before," he said. "Theyve beaten me before." The PGA Tour is 21 tournaments into the season, and only one player (Zach Johnson) won while he was in the top 10 in the world. McIlroy and Scott each had comfortable leads going into the final round and lost to players outside the top 100. "I think in the past, certainly thats been easy to go to events and look at a guy who is the guy to beat," Scott said, not naming Woods because he didnt need to. "I think that scope has kind of broadened now. Theres a lot of guys with the talent and the form that arent necessarily standing out above the others. But on their week, theyre going to be tough to beat. "Id like to think my name is one of those guys," Scott said. "And I feel like Im going to be one of the guys who has got a chance if I play well this week." Scott had one more occasion to wear his green jacket Tuesday night as host of the Champions Dinner. Then, he sets out in a bid to join Jack Nicklaus, Nick Faldo and Woods as the only players to win back-to-back Masters. For years, the Masters was seen as having the smallest group of contenders, and not just because it had the smallest field of the four majors. Augusta National is a puzzle that can take years to figure out. The roars that reverberate through the trees and from deep in Amen Corner on Sunday can be unsettling. Scott won two years after he was a runner-up. Jason Day has completed two Masters and has yet to finish worse than third. As for Mickelson? Theres no telling what he might accomplish next. Even though he has withdrawn from two tournaments with different injuries this year, Augusta invigorates the 43-year-old Mickelson. All of them would love to be near the top of the leaderboard Sunday afternoon. By then, no one will be thinking about anything except a green jacket. "No matter who is in contention or who is going to win this week, the Masters always provides a great finish," McIlroy said. "Regardless of who is there." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: anyela
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3854 Themen und 3894 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen