Lance Lynn dug another early hole

in Server 17.09.2019 03:07
von wangz10 • 30 Beiträge

ST. LOUIS -- Lance Lynn dug another early hole. The St. Louis Cardinals offence climbed right out of it. Lynn gave up three first-inning runs for the second straight time against the Cincinnati Reds, but again came away a winner. When hes on the mound, the other pitcher often suffers. "Theres no secret that he gets good run production," manager Mike Matheny said after the Cardinals rallied for a 7-5 victory on Tuesday night. "Its hard to explain with Lance. I think some guys just have a knack of being in the right place when weve got a lot of offensive support." Matt Holliday hit a go-ahead two-run double in the sixth inning that glanced off right fielder Jay Bruces glove on the warning track. "I just jumped a tad early," Bruce said. "Error or not, its a ball I should have caught and I expect to catch." Yadier Molina homered and Peter Bourjos had three hits and an RBI to help the Cardinals clinch their 26th series win to go with three losses and two splits since 2003 at Busch Stadium against Cincinnati. Theyre 4-1 against the Reds already this year, leaving a top division rival scuffling at 2-6 overall. "Theres not a whole lot of blatantly one-sided games, its one or two mistakes here or there," Reds starter Homer Bailey said. "We cant think about what we do here or what we do just against them. "Across the board, we just need to get better." Bruce had a two-run triple in the first, Billy Hamiltons second hit of the season drove in a run and Ryan Ludwick had two RBIs for the Reds. The Reds squandered a 4-0 second-inning lead by the bottom half of the inning. The Cardinals averaged 5.67 runs in Lynns starts last year, third-most in the National League, and have scored seven both outings this year. "The offence was able to pick me up again," Lynn said. "Thats the beautiful thing about baseball, you can have a sub-par pitching performance and great offensive night." Trevor Rosenthal finished for his third save in three chances. Bruce appeared to have a bead on Hollidays two-out drive with two on against Logan Ondrusek (0-1), but had to jump a bit at the last instant and the ball glanced off his glove as the Cardinals took a 6-5 lead. Bourjos added an RBI single in the seventh off J.J. Hoover. Both starters scuffled, just as they did in the second game of the season in Cincinnati. Lynn has surrendered eight runs in 11 innings and Bailey has permitted eight runs on 16 hits and five walks in 9 1-3 innings. "So far at the beginning of games I havent been able to get that rhythm that I would like," Lynn said. "Ive had it later in games and I need to get a better rhythm out of the gate and Ill be all right." Lynn is 5-1 for his career against the Reds, including three wins last year. Bailey is 5-10 against the Cardinals. "Tonight, I definitely feel like I deserve the loss," Bailey said. "I guess you can always say its still early but every single game counts." Joey Votto and Bruce had one-out hits in the fifth ahead of Ludwicks run-scoring groundout for a 5-4 lead. Cardinals leadoff man Matt Carpenter had two hits, an RBI and was hit by a pitch against Bailey. Hes 13 for 22 against the right-hander. Notes: It was 61 degrees for the first pitch, a 12-degree improvement over the home opener Monday. ... The Cardinals received World Series rings in a pre-game ceremony. "Im going to be wearing this one," manager Mike Matheny said. "My fingers have been busted up pretty bad, so they dont hold rings real well. But Im going to make sure this one stays with me for a while." ... Shelby Miller (0-1, 8.44) opposes Mike Leake (0-1, 5.40) in the series finale Wednesday afternoon. Miller gave up three solo homers in his first start at Pittsburgh. Leake makes his ninth start against the Cardinals but just his second on the road. ... Rehabbing Reds reliever Sean Marshall (shoulder) is scheduled to throw an inning at extended spring training Wednesday. Ed Oliver Youth Jersey . JOHNS, N. Cody Ford Womens Jersey . Right-hander Todd Redmond took the loss. Jose Bautista hit his second home run of the spring. Here are a handful of tidbits from around camp: Hutchison impressive The Blue Jays are being cautious when talking about their young arms but internally, excitement is building over the way Drew Hutchison is looking and performing this spring. http://www.authenticbillsfanaticfootball...y-bills-jersey/. It was the start of one nice night for the goalie and the Minnesota Wild. Backstrom made 33 saves in his first win of the season and the Wild defeated the Chicago Blackhawks 5-3 on Saturday in a rematch of their first-round playoff series. Ed Oliver Jersey . Steve has built a solid reputation throughout the years - first as a hockey player, then as an NHL general manager and now as a scout. Dawson Knox Youth Jersey . There was little fanfare, though, when the Yankees captain was taken out of his final regular-season Subway Series game in the eighth inning. Jeter watched the last four outs from the bench, pulled off the field during a double switch Thursday night as the Yankees held off the Mets 1-0.CLEVELAND -- Shawn Marion knows what it takes to win an NBA championship. The Cavs hope his experience will help them get one. Cleveland signed the veteran free agent forward Tuesday, adding a player with an extensive post-season resume to a team targeting an NBA title. Marion agreed to a one-year contract with the Cavs last month, but the sides didnt make it official until Tuesday. A 15-year veteran and four-time All-Star, Marion won a title with the Dallas Mavericks and wants to get a second in Cleveland. Im excited to be a Cavalier, said Marion. I can see the hunger and mentality of everyone in the organization and l look forward to being a part of it. The goal is to win a championship and thats what I want. Last season, the 6-foot-7 Marion averaged 10.4 points and 6.5 rebounds in 76 starts for the Mavericks. The Cavs believe he can help them offensively and defensively, but more importantly, in the playoffs. Hes played in 103 career post-season games -- alll starts -- and averaged 14.dddddddddddd7 points and 9.1 rebounds. Shawn brings great versatility, talent and championship experience to the team, said Cavaliers general manager David Griffin, who previously worked with Marion in Phoenix. He will impact both ends of the floor and his ability to guard multiple positions will be particularly important for us. Marion will likely come off the bench for the Cavs, who were overhauled during the summer with LeBron James re-signing from Miami and the blockbuster trade that brought in All-Star forward Kevin Love. Cleveland has also signed veterans Mike Miller and James Jones, who like Marion, have won titles. Marion has also played for Miami and Toronto. Hes one of four players in league history to record at least 17,000 points, 9,000 rebounds, 1,500 steals and 1,000 blocks. Hakeem Olajuwon, Karl Malone and Kevin Garnett are the others. Marion was drafted with the ninth overall pick by the Suns in 1999. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: anyela
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3854 Themen und 3894 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen