should now have the resources available

in TS-Server 17.10.2019 03:53
von jinshuiqian0713 • 1.130 Beiträge

ASPEN, Colo. -- Canadas Kaya Turski had one final chance to test her surgically repaired knee in competition before the Sochi Olympics, and she won a gold medal while doing so. The Montreal native, who was competing just five months after having surgery on her anterior cruciate ligament, captured her fifth Winter X Games gold medal in womens ski slopestyle Sunday. "I just wanted to get out there and land a run that was clean and solid, get back into the groove of things," said the 25-year-old. "My knees feeling really good. Ive had a lot of great support, a physical therapist travelling with me, all my sponsors have been really involved. Everyone is making sure Im on the right program." Turski injured herself back in August while training and it was uncertain then if she would be ready in time for her sport to make its Olympic debut in February. But with determination, and a great support network, she says was able to return back to the slopes well ahead of schedule. "I wasnt listening too much to what other people were saying," said Turski. "The moment I blew (my knee) so many things were going through my head like, whats going to happen with the Olympics?... (But) I knew if I put in my everything I could get back to as strong as I was." Turski scored 91.33 on her second run to cruise to first place, but admitted she has more to give. "I think that I was rewarded for my flow on the course, just keeping it cool and looking smooth," said Turski. "I want to bring that to the Olympics. I didnt want to throw my hardest tricks on the course today because I didnt want to compromise my chances heading into the Olympics." American Maggie Voisin took silver with 90.00 points and Kim Lamarre of Quebec City earned bronze with a best score of 85.00. "I was thrilled to have Kim on the podium with me, shes one of my best friends," said Turski. "Shes one to watch, shes a really, really strong athlete. She can have a winning run." Dara Howell of Huntsville, Ont., finished fourth with a score of 84.00 while Yuki Tsubota of Whistler, B.C. was eighth at 75.33. All four skiers are on Canadas freestyle team heading to next months Olympics in Sochi, Russia. 20:53ET 26-01-14 Koda Glover Nationals Jersey . Unlike last year when nobody got in, there have been estimates of as many as five getting voted in this time around and as few as one, Greg Maddux. Matt Adams Nationals Jersey . -- With Tony Allen back, the Memphis Grizzlies were able to turn up their defence pressure and hold off the Los Angeles Clippers down the stretch. https://www.cheapnationals.com/1167r-ada...ationals.html.C. -- Glenn Howard needed an extra end to move into the Masters Grand Slam of Curling final. Frank Robinson Nationals Jersey . But back-up Peter Budaj has put up two wins and an overtime loss while starting three games in four nights since Price went down with a suspected groin injury. Yan Gomes Nationals Jersey .The Dallas Cowboys released Sam from the practice squad Tuesday, dropping the rush end as they prepare for several potential reinforcements to return to the defensive line.At least Carl Robinson can still smile. Just a month into his time as Vancouver Whitecaps head coach, the former Wales international has had more than his fair share of issues to deal with, but throughout a period he describes as "crazy," he has showcased the level-headed and honest approach he promised when he was appointed. Days after being handed the job, Robinson had to deal with his star striker Camilo walking out on the club in dramatic and unparalleled fashion. That eventually led to an in-person meeting with the Whitecaps leading scorer in Mexico and the resultant departure of the Brazilian. Then hours after his first MLS SuperDraft, Robinsons next task was to address the fact that one of his top ten picks is under contract with another club. "Thrown in at the deep end I think is a fair thing to say," said Robinson. "Its not troublesome. Its a learning curve. Its my first job, but all the preparation I have done over the last seven years to get my qualifications has stood me in good stead for this. I didnt realize it would come this early but Ive dealt with it professionally and honestly. Im sure Ill be a better person from it and a better head coach moving forward." Theres been plenty of finger pointing throughout the Camilo saga. Was he led astray by his agent? Could the club have done more? Should MLS have taken the case to FIFA? The fact is the Brazilian just didnt want to be in Vancouver. There was no loyalty. His past talk about loving the city, the club and the fans was proven to be nonsense. If he had any interest in playing for the Caps, Camilo would likely have been sitting down with the club this week to negotiate another new contract – his second renegotiation in three years – ahead of joining the team for preseason. Instead, he chose to pull on another teams jersey and force his way out of Vancouver. "I spoke to him 24 hours after getting the job, but I do believe by then his mind had been made up," said Robinson about a situatiion he has never previously encountered in 25 years of professional football.dddddddddddd "It got into a messy situation but we needed to work out a solution. Its a significant amount of money and it will help us rebuild this club over the next year. Im looking at good players and good players cost money." The problem is, Camilos actions actually worked. He got what he wanted, and now a dangerous precedent has been set within Major League Soccer for any other players wanting to do a Camilo. Theres little doubt it will happen, unless the situation is quickly addressed by MLS headquarters. The leagues relative silence through the whole issue was disappointing. Transparency, or lack of it, has been a key theme in recent times in MLS. Commissioner Don Garber talks of the need to improve the situation, but both the Camilo saga and the handling of the Andre Lewis situation has shown there is still much work to be done. As for the Whitecaps, they will open preseason training camp with many holes still to fill in their squad. Following Camilos departure they should now have the resources available to ensure they have the players in place in plenty of time ahead of the season opener against New York Red Bulls on March 8 (live on TSN). "Over the last few weeks weve had a lot to deal with, but weve been working hard in the background," said Robinson. "Ive identified new players and hopefully over the next few days and weeks there will be a lot of players coming in. "Weve got some fantastic young players in place as well as the senior players already here so there is a very strong nucleus at the club. Were excited for the season ahead and the pieces we can bring in. There will be a number of signings coming in." The re-signing of Captain Jay DeMerit was the first piece of positive news to come out of the Caps camp in 2014, but there needs to be much more to follow to ensure Robinson is given the tools he needs to succeed in his rookie year as a head coach. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: anyela
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3854 Themen und 3894 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen