would be making just his fourth start in the past 16 games

in Events 15.11.2019 06:21
von Cl11234566 • 405 Beiträge

CINCINNATI, Ohio -- Milos Raonic emerged as the only Canadian winner at the Western & Southern Open on Wednesday after the fifth seed defeated American Robby Ginepri to advance to the third round. Raonic, from Thornhill, Ont., beat Ginepri in straight sets, 6-2, 6-2. Wimbledon finalist Eugenie Bouchard of Westmount, Que., meanwhile, suffered another hard-court disappointment in losing to Russian Svetlana Kuznetsova 6-4, 3-6, 6-2. Earlier, Vancouvers Vasek Pospisil pushed Roger Federer to a third set before falling to the tournaments second seed. Raonic says he was pleased with his performance, but is looking for improvement. "I felt great after the first match of the week," said the Wimbledon semifinalist. "These were much different conditions than last week at the Rogers Cup. "But I came up with the right mentality and was able to execute well. I wasnt particularly nervous. I knew how Id prepared and what to expect. I was able to break right away and that made things go well form the beginning." Bouchard played in her first tournament since Wimbledon last week, losing her first match at the Rogers Cup in Montreal. She said Kuznetsova was a "tough opponent." "I think Svetlana was pretty solid," she said. "For me, you know, its still a work in progress." She said the time off did contribute to the result. "With all the time I took off and everything it would kind of be a long journey back to get back to where I was and to get better than that," she said. "But I feel better this week than last week, so thats a positive. Its all about moving forward." Federer, third in the ATP world rankings, is coming off an appearance in the finals of the Rogers Cup in Toronto. Federer lost that match to Jo-Wilfried Tsonga. The Swiss tennis star beat Pospisil 7-6 (4), 5-7, 6-2 in the second-round match on centre court to become the only man to reach 300 wins at the Masters 1000 level in mens singles. Pospisil beat Radek Stepanek in the first round in Cincinnati a week after losing his opening match at the Rogers Cup. He had 33 winners and 37 unforced errors against Federer. Pospisil played tough against Federer, forcing a tiebreaker that he ultimately lost on a forehand error. Pospisil secured the second set when Federer missed on a forehand cross-court. The third set was all Federer, with Pospisil broken twice on the way to the loss. "Any time you play Roger, there is always extra tension," said Pospisil. "Ive always looked up to him so much. I was tense in the first set and that claimed a lot of energy. "In the second I played better but in the third a couple of points made the difference." Pospisil also pointed to his heavy playing schedule at Cincinnati as a problem. "I had heavy legs at that point, maybe I was paying the price for the first set," he said. "I had five sets form singles and doubles the day before. "I was missing some pop in my serve and he played well when he needed to." Luis Severino Jersey . At Manchester United, Ferguson developed Beckham into one of the worlds most recognizable sportsmen, but the midfielder left United in 2003 for Real Madrid under a cloud after his relationship with the manager broke down. Clint Frazier Yankees Jersey .com) - The fading Ottawa Senators have a chance to make up some ground in the playoff race on Tuesday night as they play host to the New York Rangers. https://www.cheapyankees.com/431g-camero...-yankees.html.Y. -- Major League Soccer has agreed to new measures to protect gay players from discrimination and harassment as a result of meetings with New Yorks attorney general. Breyvic Valera Jersey . The team announced that it exercised the options on 15 players including goalkeepers Evan Bush, Maxime Crepeau and Troy Perkins, defenders Matteo Ferrari, Karl W. Luke Voit Jersey . He, the 25-year-old Toronto backup net-minder and Manitoba native, would be making just his fourth start in the past 16 games against the Jets the following evening. It was the word of opportunity for Reimer, who has fallen into the role of backup, outmatched in recent weeks by Jonathan Bernier, his Quebec counterpart.TEL AVIV, Israel - A soccer match in the Israeli premier league has been stopped after a fan ran onto the field and assaulted a star player.Cross-city rivals Maccabi Tel Aviv and Hapoel Tel Aviv were locked 1-1 in the first half Monday when a shirtless fan ran onto the field and began hitting and kicking Maccabis Eran Zehavi.The two exchanged blows for several moments before security dragged the fan away.dddddddddddd The game referee then issued Zehavi a red card, sparking a further outburst from players and fans. After numerous other fans ran onto the field and began exchanging blows, the game was called and the players were evacuated.Hapoel manager Eyal Berkovic called it a black day for Israeli soccer. This is not soccer, this is war, he said. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: anyela
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3854 Themen und 3894 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen