after Daniel Ginczek struck the post.

in Events 15.11.2019 06:21
von Cl11234566 • 405 Beiträge

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- After a falling out with the New England Patriots, linebacker Brandon Spikes is embracing his fresh start with the Buffalo Bills. Spikes joined the Bills late Friday night on a one-year contract. The Bills have been active in free agency thus far, signing six free agents. The middle linebacker is easily Buffalos most intriguing addition. The 26-year-old Spikes is an aggressive, hard-hitting defender. A second-round pick of the Patriots in 2010, Spikes started 39 of 53 games in New England, with 286 tackles and five forced fumbles. He was third on the Patriots in tackles in 2013 with 86. "I was excited the whole time to get going with a new start in a new beginning in a new place," Spikes said on a conference call Monday. "I feel like its going to be fun and Im down for a challenge. I want to help change the culture there." Spikes is known for the physical nature of his play. "All the old-school, throwback backers, I just moulded my game after them and it just stuck with me this whole time," Spikes said. "I wouldnt call it intimidating, Im just playing and going hard and relentless and play every play like its your last." The addition of Spikes is one of many moves the Bills hope will fix their porous run defence. With Spikes taking over middle linebacker duties, the Bills plan on moving young standout Kiko Alonso to the weak side after spending his rookie season in the middle. The Bills also signed former New York Giants linebacker Keith Rivers to a two-year contract on March 12. The Bills finished 28th against the run in 2013, allowing an average of 128.9 yards per game. "I actually think it was like seven games where they gave up 150 yards on the ground. I just want to come and help them out," Spikes said. "Thats one of my strengths, stopping the run, and I feel like I can help. Whatever they need me to do, Im willing to do and do it at a high level." Spikes joins a defence that has its fourth co-ordinator in four seasons. Former Detroit head coach Jim Schwartz is installing a base 4-3 following the departure of Mike Pettine, who left Buffalo after one year to become head coach of the Cleveland Browns. Spikes is set to reunite with his former linebackers coach, Pepper Johnson, now Buffalos defensive line coach. Johnson made the move from New England in January and Spikes said his presence was one of the reasons he decided to come to Buffalo. "A great coach, a great inspiration to the game," Spikes said. "He loves the game and hes definitely what I want to be down the road; hes a legendary ball player and coach." After playing with a knee injury for several weeks in New England, Spikes was placed on injured reserve on Jan. 6. An ESPN report later said Spikes was placed on IR after being late to a team meeting during a Boston snow storm. On Saturday, after the contract was official, Spikes tweeted: "Free at last, free at last. I thank God Im free at last. Free at last, Free at last !!!!!! #LetsGetIt #PoWwWwW." "I just want to kind of close that chapter," Spikes said. "I just want to put that all behind me. Its great just to have a new beginning. Im excited. The past is the past. Im happy now and Im ready to get to work and Im just ready to help." Spikes is hoping to follow in the footsteps of his cousin, Takeo Spikes. Takeo Spikes was a standout linebacker with the Bills from 2003-06. After wearing number 55 in New England, Spikes is returning to the number 51, which he wore earlier in his career, in honour of his cousin. "He inspired me to be great," Spikes said. "He inspired me to have a dream and chase it. ... Watching him in Buffalo growing up inspired me to wear the number 51 ... hes just somebody I look to be like." Michael Hermosillo Angels Jersey . The 31-year-old, a two-time CFL lineman of the year, was among the most coveted free agents on the market. The Windsor, Ont., native will be especially important to a team that has lost veteran quarterback Anthony Calvillo to retirement and is expected to go with the less experienced Troy Smith and Tanner Marsh this season. Andrew Heaney Jersey . Abduraimova had not won a tour-level match since 2009 but was a wild-card entry in Tashkent and broke her opponent twice in each set to reach the second round. Second-seeded Irina-Camelia Begu of Romania advanced easily by beating Kateryna Kozlova of Ukraine 6-3, 6-1, while No. https://www.cheapangels.com/2403j-jerry-...y-angels.html.C. -- Charles Oakley, one of the NBAs all-time tough guys, may not return to the Charlotte Bobcats bench next season because of a painful back condition he says was caused during an assault last year in Las Vegas. Gene Autry Jersey .com) - Matt Beleskey has helped give the Anaheim Ducks some scoring depth and hell look to stay hot on Wednesday night when his club hosts the struggling Philadelphia Flyers. Brian Downing Angels Jersey . The German has taken the pole for three straight races -- winning the first two. Hes aiming for a third consecutive win at the Yeongam circuit and, most importantly, a fourth consecutive F1 championship. BERLIN -- Bayern Munich defeated Eintracht Frankfurt 5-0 to restore its 13-point advantage in the Bundesliga on Sunday, while Nuremberg climbed out of the relegation zone by beating Hertha Berlin. Mario Goetze opened the scoring after 11 minutes of concerted pressure from Bayern, and Franck Ribery, back in the starting lineup after recovering from his back problems, made it 2-0 a minute before halftime. Bayern began the second half as it ended the first, with Frankfurt keeper Kevin Trapp deflecting Goetzes effort onto the post, then denying Rafinha, before Ribery struck the crossbar with a delicate chip. Goetze pulled the ball back for Arjen Robben to score off the underside of the crossbar in the 67th, two minutes after the Dutchman came on as a substitute, and Dante made it 4-0 with a header two minutes after that. It got worse for the visitors when Trapp hobbled off with a knee injury. Replacement goalkeeper Felix Wiedwald came on for his Bundesliga debut but was helpless to prevent Mandzukic scoring in the 89th, when the Croatian beat a defender before curling his effort inside the far post. "We talked before the game of a miracle, but when Bayern are like that you cant do anything. I think even Barcelona would have lost here today," Frankfurt midfielder Pirmin Schwegler said. Bayern stretched its record league unbeaten run to 44 games and the win was its 17th from 19 games this season. The other two games were draws. "Everyone always wants to beat the top team in the league. We have to stay alert," Robben said. Frankfurt coach Armin Veh left out regulars Sebastian Rode and Carlos Zambrano because they were in danger of suspension for a fifth yellow card. "We need them more against (next opponent Eintracht) Brraunschweig," Veh said.dddddddddddd Earlier, Nuremberg claimed only its second win of the season, its second in succession, by winning 3-1 in Berlin. It started badly for Gertjan Verbeeks side when a poorly defended corner allowed Hertha striker Adrian Ramos to score with a header at the near post in the fourth minute. The Colombian missed two good chances to score again before Markus Feulner equalized with a 16-meter shot in the 20th after a botched clearance, and Josip Drmic scored from a rebound in the 68th, after Daniel Ginczek struck the post. Hertha had a goal ruled out in the 90th minute when it might have had a penalty after Ondrej Petrak used his hand to stop Ronnys long-distance effort on the line. Ramos tucked the rebound away but was judged offside for Ronnys initial shot, while Petrak escaped the red card. "It was the right decision from the referee, luckily for us," said Drmic, who made sure of the victory in a frenetic finale with a penalty after he was fouled by Marcel Ndjeng four minutes into injury time. "We knew they were a good team," Hertha general manager Michael Preetz said. "They didnt get the results they deserved in the opening half of the season. They played with courage. Still, I found we created holes in their defence that we should have made more use of, particularly in the first half." Nuremberg coach Verbeek was relieved the referees decision went his sides way in the final minute. "He could have decided differently," the Dutchman said. "We had a lot of bad luck in the first half of the season. Today it was the other way around." Nuremberg climbed above Freiburg on goal difference and pushed Hamburger SV into a direct relegation place. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: anyela
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3854 Themen und 3894 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen