Dufour-Lapointe said of her rivalry with Kearney

in Events 15.11.2019 06:22
von Cl11234566 • 405 Beiträge

As I travel back from the studio, I usually watch at least one to two of the previous weeks games on my iPad to prepare for the following week. Lets talk about how technology has changed for coaches and players the past few years. When I first came into the CFL in 2000, our video department was using SVHS tapes to record games and to watch game and practice film. The process of creating cut-ups or segments of the game film such as all first downs and blitzes and all red zone plays was a slow process. You had to start the tape from the beginning and the computer attached to a bunch of VCRs would fast-forward and when the database, which the coaches inputted into the computer, found a play that was attached to the time code on the counter, it would record it to one of the other VCR decks and it would do that for as many games as you had in your breakdown. It is a linear process meaning you always have to start at the beginning and fast-forward. The term cut-up is derived from the days before I was coaching and film projectors were used. Coaches actually cut up the film and organized the clips on the walls and then spliced them back together. Back in the days of using tapes after a game, you were given copies of the tapes to take back with you to your facility but did not have the technology to watch it on the plane. Imagine coaching for the B.C. Lions and you had the 5-hour flight home from Montreal and you would lose all that time because you couldnt watch the film. You had to wait to get home and then the video department would have to make copies of the three tapes (offence, defence and special teams) and it happened in real time so if each tape was an hour long, it took three hours to finish. The coaches were always trying to get their side of the ball recorded first so they wouldnt have to wait for two extra hours to watch tape and grade the game. Players had to come to the facility to study opponent film as well as practice and game film. The tapes would not work in regular VCRs so all film had to be seen at the offices. The advent of the non-linear editing system has been great for football. In basic terms, that means you are now capturing the images digitally and inporting them into the computer. The cameras used today actually have hard drives attached to them and, as you record the game, it actually time codes it as you film. Time code means you are marking the plays so the computer can know which film to splice together. Coaches watch what is called an intercut copy which has a sideline and end zone angle. The sideline angle is high above and has all 24 players on the field and the end zone angle is from behind and has the offensive line and backs. Nowadays, the computer can organize these angles for the offence/defence/special teams in minutes and allow those digital files to be copied in minutes. Now the coaches and players have the luxury of using iPads and computers to watch the film. Most teams use Ipads as a way to watch the film when not at their office. The video department will get the game that was played into their system and then upload it to a server that the coaches can then download to their iPad. There is an application that they use that can play the film and allow the film to be played back and forth at different speeds. You can also use the application to take pictures of a play and then draw on it or write a note to a player. This is why the iPad is a great tool. In 2012, our coaches and myself used iPads in Winnipeg. I could be watching some practice film at home or in the office and see something that I wanted to communicate to the QBs. For example, if Buck Pierce was overstriding as he threw the ball forcing the ball to go too high, I took a picture of it, wrote on the picture and e-mailed it to him and he got it immediately. Often times, there would be a concept that I thought of to attack a certain coverage and I could draw it on the screen showing the coverage and then take a picture and send it to the QBs while they were at home. The video coordinators now can get the video to the coaches by the time they get to the airport and allow the coaches to watch and grade the game on the way home. Imagine how much better it is for the BC/MTL teams being able to finish their work on the plane ride home. The players can certainly benefit from the technology of today. In Winnipeg, we gave scouting reports out digitally to anyone who had an iPad and they took notes on it that way. Players are now able to watch practice on their own that night and watch opponent film. We would send them cut-ups daily with what we would be game-planning the following day. Players with a day off after the game can watch the game and already have seen it before they see it with the coaches. Another advantage of the technology for the coaches that the players better learn about is that the coaches can get reports of how much or how little the players are logging on to the application to watch film. I would post a list and put it into the locker room of who had watched the most to the least film. The video departments do a tremendous job of preparing film for coaches and players. Every team has at least one full-time employee and many seasonal people that get everything filmed and ready to be watched every day. We have come a long way from the days of VCRs. Off-White x Nike Air Max 270 Black . -- Max Gilbert captured his first pro victory at the Tour Championship of Canada. Nike Air Max 270 React Bauhaus For Sale . De La Rosa pitched six strong innings to win his sixth consecutive decision, Todd Helton homered and the Colorado Rockies snapped the Los Angeles Dodgers six-game winning streak with a 7-5 victory on Wednesday night. http://www.max270cheap.com/air-max-270-just-do-it-sale.html. - John Elways philosophy is to address immediate needs in free agency, even though some of his own veterans may prove too pricey to keep around. Nike Air Max 270 Womens Sale . Canada was placed in one of the easiest groups during Saturdays live televised draw in Montreal. Air Max 270 React Bauhaus AT6174-002 . - In about six minutes, the Memphis Grizzlies had allowed their 23-point lead to be cut to seven.VOSS, Norway - Mikael Kingsbury says he grew up watching freestyle skiing legend Jean-Luc Brassard dominate the World Cup moguls circuit. It took Kingsbury just four seasons to raise the bar even higher. Kingsbury, from Deux-Montagnes, Que., made Canadian freestyle history Sunday when he won the mens dual moguls at a World Cup stop in Norway. His 21st career win on the circuit moved him past Brassard for most World Cup wins by a Canadian. "Jean-Luc is an amazing guy. Hes been an inspiration to me and to all mogul skiers in Canada," Kingsbury said. "Just to be in front of him is a big accomplishment for me. "I remember watching Jean-Luc in the World Cup when I was like seven years old, and now to pass him in victories ... hes been a role model for me in everything hes done, not only in skiing." Brassard, an Olympic champion and two-time world champion, collected his 20 World Cup victories over 11 years on the circuit. At just 21 years old, Kingsbury has the potential to eclipse his hero outside of the World Cup circuit as well. He already has a world title and an Olympic silver medal to his name. "Its an amazing feeling jut to be the best Canadian at 21 years old and the best for me is yet to come, Kingsbury said. Kingsburys gold highlighted another dominating overall performance for Canadas mogul skiers. Kingsbury beat teammate and rival Alex Bilodeau of Rosemere, Que., in the final. Bilodeaus silver gave him a 47th World Cup medal, tying Brassards record. And in the womens dual moguls, Olympic champion Justine Dufour-Lapointe of Montreal finished second, with sister Chloe taking the bronze. Maxime Dufour-Lapointe, the oldest of the three skiing sisters, finished fourth after loosing to Chloe in the small final.dddddddddddd American Hannah Kearney beat Justine Dufour-Lapointe in the final to take gold. Kearney leads Dufour-Lapointe by just five points in the overall standings heading into next weeks season finale in La Plagne, France. "Its kind of the best thing an athlete can have," Dufour-Lapointe said of her rivalry with Kearney. "It pulls you out to a next level that sometimes you dont think you can go to." Dufour-Lapointe said she felt nerves in qualifying, but put those behind her as the day progressed. "After the first (run) I felt way better and was able to charge myself and go a bit faster," she said. "I think that was my best dual against Hannah." Chloe Dufour-Lapointe goes into the final event in third place, 304 points behind Justine. She said shes not going to think about her overall ranking heading into La Plagne. "I just go for it, and I want to win the competition," she said. "Im not going to come for the points Im just going to go for the win." The mens standings also come down to the final event, with Kingsbury leading Bliodeau by 31 points in the battle for the Crystal Globe. "I know what to do to get it," Kingsbury said. "This is mine. I want it so bad its crazy." American Bradley Wilson defeated the Russian Alexandr Smyshlyaev in the mens small final to win bronze. Canadians Simon Pouliot-Cavanagh and Simon Lemieux were both beaten in the quarter-finals, while Philippe Marquis, Pascal-Olivier Gagne and Marc-Antoine Gagnon were eliminated in earlier rounds. In the womens event, Audrey Robichaud was eliminated in the fourth round while Christel Hamel finished 17th. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: anyela
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3854 Themen und 3894 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen