shot from over the top.

in Server 10.09.2019 02:53
von jinshuiqian0713 • 1.130 Beiträge

ST. JOHNS, N.L. -- Travis Morin scored twice, including in overtime, as the Texas Stars clawed back from a three-goal deficit to rally past the St. Johns IceCaps 4-3 on Monday night and take a 3-1 series lead in the American Hockey Leagues Calder Cup final. Despite being outplayed through the first period, Stars coach Willie Desjardins said the team was waiting for the chance to get back in the game. "The guys knew we werent playing good and knew we had to do better. We knew we had to go hard and hope we caught a break," said Desjardins. "Getting those two goals at the end of the second (period) gave us some life." Morin sealed the win when he capitalized on a one-time opportunity 2:24 into overtime, burying the puck top corner from the slot with a quick wrist shot. "It was obviously a big goal," he said. "We had a lot of momentum going after getting that one in the third. It seems like most games we play in overtime this post-season, we get it done as quickly as we can. I was flying up the backside and Brendan Ranford made a great pass. I didnt get all of (the puck). I really wanted to, but I didnt. It sort of fluttered over his shoulder." Morin said his line with Ranford and Curtis McKenzie has had chemistry the entire post-season, and continues to produce. "We all contributed, it was a complete effort from our whole line. We all know our roles and we all know what to do. Were unselfish and not afraid to make a better pass for a better scoring opportunity." McKenzie and Brett Ritchie also scored for Texas. Ben Chiarot, Carl Klingberg and Kael Mouillierat scored for St. Johns. Chiarot opened the scoring for the IceCaps while shorthanded when his wrist shot from the point found its way through traffic at the 13:02 mark of the first period. Klingberg gave the IceCaps a two-goal lead when he finished off a give-and-go with Mouillierat 57 seconds into the second period by carrying the puck to the net on his backhand and burying it high glove. The IceCaps scored again at the 8:21 mark of the second when Mouillierat hit a one-time slap shot from the top of the right face-off dot on a Will ONeill pass during a 5-on-3 power play. Morin ended the drought for Texas when he tapped in a goal five-hole in the slot with 4:27 left in the second period. The Stars pulled within one through McKenzie, who swatted in a loose puck bouncing around the crease with 1:51 remaining in the second. With 2:19 left in the third period, Ritchie tied the game for the Stars when he finished off a good spell of puck possession with a quick wrist shot in the slot. IceCaps goalie Michael Hutchinson made 34 saves while Texas goaltender Cristopher Nilstrop stopped 32 shots. Morin said the Game 4 win is key in the Stars ability to close out the series. "(Winning Monday) was big. It guarantees us having three shots at it. If we need it, two of those shots will be in our building. Thats what we worked for all year, to get those opportunities, but we would love to take care of it tomorrow night. Game 5 is Tuesday night in St. Johns. Game 6 and 7, if necessary, will be back in Cedar Park, Texas. Rickey Jackson Youth Jersey . The Toronto Blue Jays general manager made a series of bold moves that reshaped the club ahead of what would turn out to be a disastrous 2013 campaign. Archie Manning Womens Jersey . The (11-11-4) Jets are seventh in the Central Division with 26 points. Fifth place Dallas and sixth-seeded Nashville also have 26 points, but the Stars have three games in hand on Winnipeg while Nashville has two. http://www.authenticsaintssportsonline.c...en-gold-jersey/. "Im excited just for a new start, just to see where things are going, to bring some kind of tradition back to the team and guys being excited about something new," the defensive back said during a conference call Monday after agreeing to stay with the Bombers rather than go to free agency next month. Erik McCoy Womens Jersey . Right-hander Todd Redmond took the loss. Jose Bautista hit his second home run of the spring. Here are a handful of tidbits from around camp: Hutchison impressive The Blue Jays are being cautious when talking about their young arms but internally, excitement is building over the way Drew Hutchison is looking and performing this spring. Taysom Hill Youth Jersey . "Hes over there," the first baseman said. "You dont need to talk to anybody else." Indeed, Peralta did it all as the majors top team won again.Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enforcements or some memorable NHL stories? Kerry wants to answer your emails at cmonref@tsn.ca. Hi Kerry, Appreciate all your insight into what goes on in games. Im just looking for an explanation - in Wednesdays Flyers-Capitals game, why didnt Wayne Simmonds receive a third-man in during the line brawl last night? He clearly grabbed Erskine, who was engaged with Lecavalier, allowing Vinnie a free cheap-shot right to the mush!Thanks,Chris --- Hey Kerry, Seeing the Flyers-Caps line brawl last night, whats the most interesting story from your officiating days when it came to breaking them up? Paul McLane Chris: You are correct in your assessment that Wayne Simmonds deserved a game misconduct when he grabbed John Erskine around the neck allowing Vincent Lecavalier a free shot as the players fell to the ice. Let me break the play down for you and explain how both refs were focused on other wrestling matches taking place in the moment and missed the grab by Simmonds. This quickly developed into the proverbial cluster-bang after Luke Schenn delivered a hard but legal check on Ryan Stoa against the boards just inside the Flyers blue line. Caps tough guy Tom Wilson skated directly toward Schenn for the sole purpose of instigating a fight. As the two players dropped their gloves Wilsons intention was placed on hold as Schenns leg became caught up with Stoa and the Flyer fell to his knees and promptly placed in a vulnerable position. Wilson did the honorable thing and refrained from throwing a punch at Schenn. Brayden Schenn, who Wilson leveled with a devastating illegal hit in a previous meeting, demonstrated his brotherly love in the City of Philadelphia by attempting to engage Tom Wilson on Lucs behalf. Both linesmen quickly intervened and prevented an altercation from developing. As brother Luc was untangling his leg from Ryan Stoa, things really got rolling when Wayne Simmonds fronted Stoa and cuffed the Capitals forward on the visor. This prompted big John Erskine to lead the charge at Simmonds. Linesman Scott Cherrey, a second round selection in the 1994 entry draft by the Washington Capitals, alertly intervened between Erskine and Simmonds. A war on two fronts began once Luc Schenn was able to return to his feet and he and Tom Wilson mutually agreed to engage in a toe-toe slugfest at the Flyers blue line. This fight forced linesman Cherrey to return to the original altercation to assist his partner and leave a pack of angry players that included John Erskine, Wayne Simmonds and Vincent Lecavalier to sort things out. Without any policing in effect John Erskine moved to engage Vinnie Lecavalier which prompted Simmonds to jump on Erskines back. As they fell to the ice in a heap the remaining players piled on. The secondary fight erupted when Erskine quickly broke from Simmonds grasp, jumped to his skates and began trading bombs with Lecavalier below the goal line as the remaining players wrestled one another from a position close beside them. This action caused Steve Mason to move out of his goal crease and in close proximity to jump into the fight andd assist Vinnie if necessary.dddddddddddd This a whole lot of action taking place at one time for the referees to observe! Both refs shifted their focus away from the fight and wrestling matches in the corner as they moved Mason back to his goal crease to prevent any possible recurrence of the Ray Emery-Braden Holtby incident. In the exact moment that Wayne Simmonds, in his intense wrestling match with Connor Carrick, threw a bear paw swing around Erskines neck, referee Paul Devorski had turned his head to the left to focus on Brayden Schenn and Jay Beagle. In the next frame the ref refocused to catch Erskine, Lecavalier, Simmonds and Carrick falling to the ice in a heap. The ref may or not have witnessed the free punch that Vinnie got in on the way down to the ice from his position. In any event Wayne Simmonds escaped a game misconduct as third man into the altercation. Paul: I was physically involved in many dust-ups when line brawls and bench clearings were common place from the 1970s through the 1980s. One of the most bizarre situations I encountered in breaking up an altercation was when John MacLean of the Devils smoked me right between the eyes with a left that was intended for Moe Lemay of the Boston Bruins in game two of the Eastern Conference Final on May 4, 1988. The Bruins, coached by Terry OReilly, had beaten Jim Schoenfelds Devils by a score of 5-3 in Game 1. Game 2 was a rough-and-tumble affair that the Devils eventually won 3-2 in overtime, but before we reached that point a line brawl broke out when Bruins player Moe Lemay went hard to the Devils goal, bumping Sean Burke. The cavalry came to the defence of their goalkeeper, and linesman Gerry Gauthier was tied up with Willi Plett of the Bruins and Perry Anderson of the Devils against the boards in the end zone. Linesman Ron "Huck" Finn was trying to separate Lemay and MacLean, but they had dropped their gloves and were ready to rumble. Poor Huck Finn was on his own, so I came in from behind to grab Lemay and pull him out of the altercation just as the punches started. I moved around Lemay to tie up his right hand and skate him out of the exchange when, unfortunately for me, Finn didnt realize that MacLeans left hand was free. Johnny Mac unloaded with his best shot from over the top. The closest head to punch was mine - he drove me right in the freakin head. It staggered me momentarily, but thank heavens John MacLean was a better scorer than a puncher. I was still on my skates. I aggressively tied up Lemay and moved him out of the there so that I wouldnt have to take any more shots. I assessed John MacLean 14 minutes in penalties and Lemay with 17. In Game 3 back in the Meadowlands, the dust-up didnt occur on the ice but in the hallway leading to the officials room following a 6-1 Bruins victory when coach Jim Schoenfeld confronted referee Don Koharski. The cameras were rolling and preserved for posterity, the infamous line shouted by the coach at the referee, "Good, because you fell, you fat pig. Have another doughnut!" Dust-ups were common place back then but seldom like the ones that occurred in the 1988 Eastern Conference Final between the Bruins and the Devils. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: anyela
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3854 Themen und 3894 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen