questions whether this would be it for

in Fraktionen 15.09.2019 02:51
von jinshuiqian0713 • 1.130 Beiträge

HONOLULU -- Jerry Rice has fresh bragging rights on Deion Sanders nearly a decade after both players retired from the NFL. Dallas running back DeMarco Murray caught a 20-yard touchdown pass with 41 seconds left and Carolina running back Mike Tolbert plunged into the end zone for a 2-point conversion to give Rice a 22-21 win over Sanders in the first schoolyard-style Pro Bowl on Sunday. "They called my number the whole way," Tolbert said on the field after the game. "Philip (Rivers) told them to give it to me. My old teammate, he told them to give it to me." Baltimores Justin Tucker missed a 67-yard field goal on the games final play after missing a 66-yarder earlier in the game. The touchdown and conversion gave Rice a comeback after Philadelphia quarterback Nick Foles threw a 12-yard touchdown to Cleveland tight end Jordan Cameron with less than 5 minutes to play to give Sanders a 21-14 lead. The touchdowns by Cameron and Murray were the only scores of the second half in a game that had eight turnovers -- including six interceptions -- and nine sacks. "It was definitely sloppy. There was a lot of turnovers because of the weather," said Houston defensive end J.J. Watt, who was a captain on Sanders team. "There was a lot of rain, so obviously that factored into it." The game was played in consistent rain, but little wind and warm temperatures in the high 70s. Foles was the only quarterback of six in the game to not throw an interception. He was named offensive MVP, finishing with seven completions for 89 yards. Philadelphia wide receiver DeSean Jackson and Carolina quarterback Cam Newton also had touchdowns for Team Sanders. New Orleans tight end Jimmy Graham and Cleveland wide receiver Josh Gordon caught touchdowns for Team Rice. Gordon led Team Rice with six catches for 66 yards, while Washington running back Alfred Morris had four catches for 69 yards. The Pro Bowlers were split up by the NFL greats in a new draft format meant to improve the game. The picks made earlier in the week created matchups that pitted usual teammates against each other and challenged Rice and Sanders to compare the all-stars against one another. That led to plenty of trash talk between Rice and Sanders and some bruised egos among players used to being on top of their sport. "Great Job Goat!!!!" Sanders tweeted toward Rice after the game. "Enjoy this moment cause u know Im hot right now." The result Sunday was a game that appeared more competitive than in years past, with some big hits -- even between teammates -- and fewer shenanigans. "It was crazy, but we had fun with it," Gordon said. "I loved it and enjoyed it." Gordon was flipped by teammate T.J. Ward on one of the biggest hits in the game. "I dont think he knew what he was doing but Ill give him the benefit of a doubt on that one," Gordon said. "Ill get him back in Cleveland." Jackson caught the games first touchdown pass from Indianapolis quarterback Andrew Luck. Luck threw the ball 36 yards into double coverage in the end zone on a flea flicker, where Jackson wrestled it away from Titans cornerback Alterraun Verner. Graham caught an 8-yard fade in the second quarter from teammate Drew Brees, turning around Brees slow start. Graham dunked the ball over the crossbar in celebration, but San Diego safety Eric Weddle jokingly defended the attempt. Newton scored on 1-yard run up the middle for a touchdown, making up for an earlier interception on a ball Cleveland cornerback Joe Haden wrestled away from Jackson. Kansas City linebacker Derrick Johnson -- who had a big hit in the first half on Chiefs teammate Jamaal Charles -- was selected as the games defensive MVP for Team Rice. "I didnt expect it, but hes out there doing his thing," said Charles, who was knocked out of Kansas Citys playoff loss to Indianapolis with a concussion. "I cant get mad at him -- its just about football and youve just got to be ready." "If you stand back, hes going to make you look pretty bad, so I had to go out and really give it to him," Johnson said. "I would never try to hurt my teammate at all, but compete a little bit." Johnson had nine tackles, including eight solo tackles. Carolina linebacker Luke Kuechly had 12 tackles, including 11 solo tackles. Vapormax Flyknit 3 Ale .com Tour title, closing with a 6-under 64 for a four-stroke victory. The 22-year-old former North Texas player finished at 12-under 268 at Panama Golf Club and earned $112,500 to jump from seventh to second on the money list with $171,500. Nike Vapormax Halvalla . -- Martin Kaymer never lost sight of opportunity even amid so much evidence of trouble in the closing stretch Sunday at The Players Championship. http://www.vapormaxsuomi.com/.5 million, two-year contract with the San Francisco Giants on Thursday, a deal that covers his final two arbitration seasons. Vapormax Flyknit 2 Suomi . Markieff Morris and Marcus Morris, city natives, handled the catering for teammates that begged them for the tasty postgame feast. Myydään Vapormax . "If we only consider this season," Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini said, "there is just one club in Manchester -- and its ours.SANTA CLARA, Calif. - Jim Harbaugh isnt budging, even if his new broken tooth offers a symbolic glimpse into the story of his disappointing year.No wavering when it comes to his coaching future, thoughts about his bosses in the San Francisco front office, or even whether the 49ers have fallen too far to have hope of a 2014 recovery.After two straight demoralizing defeats in which the Niners have managed only 16 total points, Harbaughs future is the hottest topic around his team. And thats a far cry from the coachs first three seasons when San Francisco was playoff bound and poised for a deep post-season run — as in three straight NFC championship game appearances.Still, Harbaugh spent his regular Monday media session defending quarterback Colin Kaepernick and the effort of his players a day after a 24-13 loss at Oakland that gave the Raiders just their second victory of the season and put a major damper on San Franciscos playoff hopes as the team dropped to 7-6.Colins our quarterback, Harbaugh said. When you talk about a professional, he is that. Hes given every ounce of energy that he has.Other topics strayed far from the field. Harbaughs smile Sunday revealed a chipped left front tooth. He said Monday it happened Saturday night on a piece of meat ... a $2 steak.That tooth was knocked out in his last playoff game as a pro, a 42-14 loss by his Colts to the Steelers in the wild-card round in December 1996.Harbaughs smile was on display when he came out of the tunnel at the Oakland Coliseum and hustled right up to Raiders owner Mark Davis, considered a potential suitor for Harbaughs services in 2015 given Oakland could have a vacancy. Tony Sparano was named interim coach when Davis fired Dennis Allen in late September.Just said hello, said Harbaugh, who noted he knows Davis a little bit from when I coached at the Raiders.The 49ers are preparing for a second meeting with the defending Super Bowl champion Seahawks in 17 days when they travel to Seattle this weekend looking to bounce back from that embarrassing 19-3 loss on Thanksgiving night.You take great love and pride in being a professional. Thats every daay, thats every week, thats every game, thats every play, until the whistle blows, Harbaugh said.dddddddddddd You take pride in snapping on the film the next day and showing youre playing with every ounce of effort that you have because of the love of the game and the pride you have in being an NFL football professional. ... The efforts there.Harbaugh wouldnt discuss an NFL Network report that the University of Michigan, his alma mater, had reached out to him about its head coach vacancy.As Ive said, as a principle I dont talk about any other job other than the one that I have, Harbaugh said.When asked whether he is satisfied with the professionalism throughout the franchise, including those working above him, Harbaugh answered only with, Were a team.CEO Jed York chose not to post anything critical on Twitter this time, as he did Thanksgiving night when he wrote: This performance wasnt acceptable. I apologize for that.On Monday, fans supporting Harbaugh were tweeting at Yorks account with EXTEND HARBAUGH and We got ya back Coach!Harbaugh is winding up the fourth season of a $25 million, five-year contract he signed in January 2011. Even before the season began with a Super Bowl on everybodys mind there were questions whether this would be it for Harbaugh, who hasnt received an extension — or made it clear he even wants one, for that matter.Harbaugh didnt offer any hints into linebacker Ahmad Brooks status for this week. His streak of consecutive starts ended at 60 on Sunday, when he was benched and didnt play at all after missing a defensive meeting last week.He was in a backup role this last game and well address that this week, Harbaugh said.There wont be any changes to the coaching staff this week to shake things up, Harbaugh said.As far as his own future, he insisted once again that he is most concerned about winning and taking care of his players the rest of the way.Ive answered this question many times, even recently. So you know exactly what my priorities are, he said. I get this from the Marines. Leaders eat last.___Online:AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: anyela
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3854 Themen und 3894 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen